Unofficial Preview Changes vs Bombers Final round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be resting anyone with even a slight niggle, so Berry misses with the hammy no matter how bad.

Would also consider whether Hipwood would benefit from the 3 weeks rest between now and the first final.

Zorko looked a bit sore yesterday and I wonder whether at his age he too may benefit the extra break.

Dunks, with rumours around him carrying a foot injury into the game yesterday. Any lingering effects, you’re sitting next week mate.

Don’t really care who comes in and plays next weeks game but I think the only chance we have of going on a run from 5th is hitting the finals with the best 22 close to as fit as possible. With top 4 gone it’s all about maximising the best way for that to happen now.

Last edited:

There's not much point in resting players when we immediately have a bye after this game. I get that people are flat after last night's loss and think there's not much at stake since we can't move up. But it's still important we win this to get a home final. I might consider resting Hipwood and maybe 1-2 others that really need it.

Harsh. He’s 24 and had an injury hit, relatively poor season. He’s better than anyone in the 2’s, and would be picked up by most clubs if put on the market. He’s starting still got plenty to offer.
I’m with you but I would of dropped him earlier in the season
Put the proverbial rocket up the clacker.
I would not be disappointed if he left
But at a new club he would have to perform and I think he could
When he’s not selfish he is great
I’ve been bagging him all season but besides the last two games I noticed he’s been getting back in defence
Put a rocket up hi clacker now
I’m confident he’s a positive in our finals campaign
Then we reassess

Think we can shut the door on sharp , not gunna make it , can run but that’s as far as it goes.
Brain is out of juice , too tired, done
Hippy not fit should not have played despite what fagan said
Zorko looks tired all of a sudden

Midfield looks creaky for large periods and forwards go missing for large periods of time

Poor at best
Bring in Payne if fit and lyons maybe McKenna

Does it matter anyway ? Attitude and hardness at the ball is missing all over the ground

Clearly following his foot injury he doesn't have the same pace he had prior at this stage but plays like he still thinks he has.
I think confidence is an issue too. Also, his midfield minutes have evaporated a bit as well with the introduction of Rayner and Ashcroft. That said, I agree he is well below his best.
I can understand match committee opting to play him in the hope he recaptures some form. Sadly, I think there isn’t enough of the season left to see his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we can shut the door on sharp , not gunna make it , can run but that’s as far as it goes.
Brain is out of juice , too tired, done
Hippy not fit should not have played despite what fagan said
Zorko looks tired all of a sudden

Midfield looks creaky for large periods and forwards go missing for large periods of time

Poor at best
Bring in Payne if fit and lyons maybe McKenna

Does it matter anyway ? Attitude and hardness at the ball is missing all over the ground

Zorko is tired now that he's being made to be accountable. Very easy to conserve energy running one way

Time for some run and gun, get Luke Beecken in there to take some pressure off Zorko having to set up every attacking play from the back half.

For who I am not sure, Brain?

Zorko is tired now that he's being made to be accountable. Very easy to conserve energy running one way

He's had an excellent season and been a big reason why we've got ourselves back on track... but you can see the limits to his game.

In the third Daicos was playing at half forward and coming up to the stoppage with zork trailing him, and but for a few fortunate bounces and a few good bits of pressure we'd have been exposed there earlier.

Kingy ranting about how our injuries don't matter all year has been funny (he's doing it so he can set up his shot at Fages) because we've been crying out for Kiddy. Better kick than zork, way better in the air and accumulates a lot more intercept possessions.

If Kiddy hadn't done his knee we could still have tried zork down back in place of brain/mckenna but would have had the option to move him higher up the ground if there was an unfavourable matchup.

He's had an excellent season and been a big reason why we've got ourselves back on track... but you can see the limits to his game.

In the third Daicos was playing at half forward and coming up to the stoppage with zork trailing him, and but for a few fortunate bounces and a few good bits of pressure we'd have been exposed there earlier.

Kingy ranting about how our injuries don't matter all year has been funny (he's doing it so he can set up his shot at Fages) because we've been crying out for Kiddy. Better kick than zork, way better in the air and accumulates a lot more intercept possessions.

If Kiddy hadn't done his knee we could still have tried zork down back in place of brain/mckenna but would have had the option to move him higher up the ground if there was an unfavourable matchup.
If Kiddy hadn't done his knee we would've won the first game and 2 or 3 others.

All teams have injuries and you have to cope.

The Pies were missing De Goey, Mihocek and Mitchell yesterday , which is fairly significant for them.

But Kiddy was a biggie for us. In some respects our most important player when he's firing and particularly structurally.

I assume Berry won’t play. I guess Sharp will hold his place as a replacement. Not sold on Sharp. He can run at one pace all day but I am not sure that translates into being an AFL wingman. Not sure he has the acceleration. All round skills not great but he is hard at the contest which is something we are lacking.

If we need greater heart and experience, I think we could try Noah (not sure if he was reported in the VFL) for Brain

Robertson for Bailey. Given Bailey’s current form it’s not a great drop off in skill.

Prior, Answerth or McKenna for Brain and Sharp. Both were very poor last night. Brain needs another preseason before he can be a consistent player and unfortunately Sharp just doesn’t seem to have any football smarts. Morris looked very tired last night but hopefully he can hang in for another week before the bye (if we make it).

Jack Gunston 2024 Hawks version would have been handy as a back up tall at either end of the ground this season for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back