2nds VFL Elimination Final Northern Bullants v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Thought I'd get in early with this one just to give anyone who wasn't aware of it enough notice to make plans to attend if possible. The Bullants are taking on Carlton's arch enemy this Saturday in the first week of the finals. It would be great to not only knock them out but also ensure that any fringe senior players for Collingwood can't get any match practice during the finals and that ours can.

GO BULLANTS :thumbsu:

Northern Bullants v Collingwood
Elimination Final
Saturday 28th August
TEAC Oval (Port Melbourne)
2:10 PM
Adults $15, kids free

AFL PLAYERS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY VFL FINALS

NORTHERN Bullants, seeking to expunge a 25-year premiership drought, enter the VFL finals with a smorgasbord of AFL talent to choose from aligned partner Carlton.

The Bullants will be able to call on 16 Carlton players, who have played the mandatory seven games or more this season in the VFL as designated in the competition’s finals eligibility rules.

NORTHERN BULLANTS (Carlton): Joe Anderson, Mark Austin, Steven Browne, Jaryd Cachia, Levi Casboult, Joe Dare, Marcus Davies, David Ellard, Brad Fisher, Shaun Grigg, Richard Hadley, Sam Jacobs, Chris Johnson, Bret Thornton, Zach Tuohy, Rob Warnock, Simon Wiggins

AFL PLAYERS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY VFL FINALS

I'm sure I read on the VFL website that Mclean is still eligible because the 7 game rule only comes into effect once the AFL team has been eliminated from finals.

Yeah, the article isn't real clear in some parts but it says it here.

While aligned clubs have a carte blanche selection policy if the AFL club is playing in the finals, selection is restricted to only those players who have qualified once an AFL club is no longer playing.

Pies VFL lost to Bendigo not the week before last....................

In a team where Josh Fraser is the dominating force, I'd be fair concerned if we lost.

The only concern is we don't have a ruckman! :thumbsdown: Hopefully Hammer is well and recovered this week.

I'm going to also take this moment to profess my undying love for Jaryd Cachia. What a frickn' gun. I can't wait till next year when we hopefully see him in navy blue :thumbsu:

In a team where Josh Fraser is the dominating force, I'd be fair concerned if we lost.

The only concern is we don't have a ruckman! :thumbsdown: Hopefully Hammer is well and recovered this week.

I'm going to also take this moment to profess my undying love for Jaryd Cachia. What a frickn' gun. I can't wait till next year when we hopefully see him in navy blue :thumbsu:

More info please. :)

would that leave Carlos TBird and Levi?

would that leave Carlos TBird and Levi?

Pretty much. Levi isn't confident in the ruck and just doesn't belong there. If Fraser doesn't get his pity 200th this week he'll be mauled.

For a club with 4 good ruckmen to have to EVER rely on Thornton and Setanta really says something about how injuries to one or more of the can royally screw a team. Really hoping we don't trade any of them away..

HARKS - I have no doubt that he'll earn his spot and will deserve who's spot he takes, he is really a gem. Very assuring to know he is lurking if for some shit reason we lose Grigg.

At least you guys can enjoy the pro-Carlton/NB crowd there on Saturday, with the VFL in all its wisdom scheduling the game at the same time as Coll vs Haw on Sat arvo.

Yep, pretty stupid.. Just like how they scheduled our last home game for the year at Visy while we were playing Richmond..

Although it will be nice not having so many VFL Pies fans there, I nearly got beaten up last time for not having a stand alone club............................................. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the ruck is an issue for the Ants. There is a big unit called Neaves who I have watched quite a few times and impresses me. A glut of Carlton ruckmen have stopped him getting more games. Fraser would be hoping for a call up to the ones to get away from him! I think Brown got rubbed out so it may happen.

There is a big unit called Neaves who I have watched quite a few times and impresses me.

Supposing a trade goes ahead and we're left with Setanta as backup - would he be worth rookie-ing? I notice he was a Melbourne rookie some years back.

Or is he just a VFL filler like Bryan and Deluca?

(yeah I know we have Casboult and Donaldson but they're only kids.)

Really?

Another ruckman?

Yes another. Each of our rucks has had 3-4 years in development and there's no guarantee Casboult or Donaldson will make the grade - even if they do it may be just as KPPs.

Trade one of our rucks and with Kreuzer out we only have 2 left and no backup. Neaves is about the same age as the others and could theoretically play round 1 if required. If he's going to play for the Bullants anyway...

Who is to say what will happen with Carlton's rucks Azul? They may all stay.

Regarding Neaves - he is certainly good at VFL level but there are more astute judges than I who will determine whether he is good enough to return to an AFL list. Not overly tall @ 198cm but is still young enough (23yo). I think he might have played in a premiership side with Sandy when he was on Melbourne's list and they were aligned.

Who is to say what will happen with Carlton's rucks Azul? They may all stay.
Hopefully they will. 38 spots on a list for 4 ruckmen sounds about right to me. Save the armchair experts on here seem to think we should weaken our stocks to compensate for other deficiencies when rucks are worth a pretty penny.

Thanks for the info!

I don't think the ruck is an issue for the Ants. There is a big unit called Neaves who I have watched quite a few times and impresses me. A glut of Carlton ruckmen have stopped him getting more games. Fraser would be hoping for a call up to the ones to get away from him! I think Brown got rubbed out so it may happen.

Shahne Neaves

main511.jpg

Sponsor: ABUS
DOB 11/05/1987
Height 197 cm
Weight 95 kg
Recruited from West adelaide (SA)/ Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL Elimination Final Northern Bullants v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back