VFL VFL Round 17 v Carlton - Sunday July 21st. 11:05am @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the doom and gloom is more about our drafting, not so much trading
The carry on about Schultz (one example) is all classic hindsight from most naysayers. Few could have predicted our injuries and fall from grace nor could we have foreseen the mediocre form of a top-class player in Shooter or the fantastic improvement in Ginnivan, who a was sub or emergency for much of his final year with us and for good reason.

No it’s actually been rotting since late last year.
I’ve heard a few things and then a mate who’s always on the money repeated what i had heard.
I think our class has allowed us to be somewhat competitive this year but the wheels are falling off now for all to see.

Care to elaborate.

The carry on about Schultz (one example) is all classic hindsight from most naysayers. Few could have predicted our injuries and fall from grace nor could we have foreseen the mediocre form of a top-class player in Shooter or the fantastic improvement in Ginnivan, who a was sub or emergency for much of his final year with us and for good reason.
By the looks of it, we didn't use ginni very well. We left him in the forward pocket and wanted him to be a high pressure small, hawthorn had the foresight to see much more in him. Ginni was our mistake either way you look at it. I don’t have much of an issue with shoota

By the looks of it, we didn't use ginni very well. We left him in the forward pocket and wanted him to be a high pressure small, hawthorn had the foresight to see much more in him. Ginni was our mistake either way you look at it. I don’t have much of an issue with shoota
I think Fly was actually pretty clear about wanting more from Ginni, hence why he sent him back to the 2's to work on other aspects of his game.

I’ve heard a few things and then a mate who’s always on the money repeated what i had heard.
I think our class has allowed us to be somewhat competitive this year but the wheels are falling off now for all to see.

Spill the beans please!

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Rotting since last year? Including winning the premiership?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair. with all the gloom and doom about our trading and recruiting, I think we are right up there with Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney for the most finals appearances including around ten preliminary finals and two grand finals in the past 25 years.
In fact four GFs (five if you include the 2010 replay) in the last 15 years. Numerous finals and as you note - a lot of PFs.

You probably meant two flags?

On that basis you'd have to say that Hine has built several successful lists. Just not as successful as many think we should have been...and some very big howlers or misses.

Ginnivan and Ollie Henry unfortunately are gonna haunt us for years...

We could of kept ginni was a premiership player and wad an up and coming player...why didn't we extend his contract for another 2 years ....unbelievable

I would just play Smit and keep playing mcinnes

I would also give eyre some experience in the seniors

I'm worried what I read on Ed Allan and demattia

Ffs

To be fair. with all the gloom and doom about our trading and recruiting, I think we are right up there with Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney for the most finals appearances including around ten preliminary finals and two grand finals in the past 25 years.

You’re looking in the rear view mirror. The view out the front windscreen shows our bus about to go over a cliff.

Over the next two seasons, we’re likely to lose all of Pendles, Sidey, Elliott, Howe, Mitchell, Mihochek and Cox.

Other than perhaps Harrison and Richards, how do we replace them with anything remotely equivalent in quality? Especially with no draft picks and no players with any meaningful trade value outside of The Daicii, DeGoey, Schultz, Quaynor and Moore?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

We could of kept ginni was a premiership player and wad an up and coming player...why didn't we extend his contract for another 2 years ....unbelievable

Ffs
I'm afraid we can't just play them

Ffs
It was time to move Ginny on. He is a limited footballer.
Smit and Eyre hopefully do progress.
Ed and Harry, hmmm don’t think they will make it at Collingwood.

Considering the VFL boys adopt the same game plan as the AFL side, this result should not be surprising. Particularly seeing the Carlton side had over 150 more possessions than us....
Seems to be the blueprint for beating us.
Assume Richmond will try the same.

Ffs

Ginni carried on like a d1ck, with numerous breaches of required team professional standards and increasingly regular poor onfield performances, especially after making himself a target for the umpires. He alone put himself on the outer with team coaches and leaders.

Henry on the other hand walked out on us to play with his brother at the club he grew up supporting. We wanted him to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bytel - 31 disposals (41% EF), 9 clearances, 4 tackles, 5 marks, 4 inside 50's, 8 Score involvements
Macrae - 21 disposals (71% EF), 1 goal, 6 tackles, 3 clearances, 5 inside 50's, 5 score involvements
Parker - 18 disposals, 4 marks, 7 intercepts
TJ - 18 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 7 intercepts
Smit - 12 disposals, 2 goals, 11 hitouts, 3 clearances,
Demattia - 12 disposals, 2 tackles, 3 clearances
Cox - 11 disposals, 23 hitouts, 4 marks, 5 score involvements
Eyre - 8 disposals, 3 marks, 5 intercepts
Frampton - 7 disposals, 3 intercepts, 3 tackles

Last edited:
Can we sack Josh Fraser after this Game?
Why? It is obviously a club decision to treat the VFL side like a development squad. You are not going to win too many games when 1. AFL listed VFL players have to step up into the AFL side to cover injury despite not being in the best form themselves; 2. AFL listed players returning from prolong injury (are always going to struggle) 3. Players from supplementary teams are going to struggle coming into the VFL teams

Ffs
The only thing the club could have done with Henry is not recruit him in the first place. There was nothing the club could do about that… he missed out on a premiership doing so.

Agree on Ginni though. I think the club got a bit precious about his childhood antics. The tougher decision would have been to keep him. But having said that, the small forward deorrtment is not our issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL Round 17 v Carlton - Sunday July 21st. 11:05am @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back