VFL VFL Round 17 v Carlton - Sunday July 21st. 11:05am @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Big roo looks promising. Parker was good on the first half.

Not much else unfortunately.

Harrison, Johnson, Allan, dean all didn’t play
Eyre was good in 1at half was on Lenny who did not do much

Do you delist De Mattia and put him on the rookie list? Looks a while off being a good VFL player.

Jakob Ryan is a delist

Macrae Delist

Bytel Delist

Allan is lucky he's tall

Josh Eyre has been extremely disappointing.

Yup he was mate. Wasn’t out talls that were the issue.

Our midfield and transition, same as seniors was woeful. Couldn’t find the footy and when we did was just turnovers
Midfield got Destroyed

Ball movement was slow

Bytel can find the Ball but his Ball Use lets him down

And to think at the start of the season I thought our VFL team looked better then last years. One of their midfielders has 42 and 3 goals. How come we let their mids do whatever they like while our mids are struggling to get above 20.
I’m guessing because Hine is bad at recruiting midfielders,just like he’s bad at recruiting key position players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only caught bits of it (thankfully from all accounts) ..... what i did see seemed to mirror the debacle on display in the frankston game recently - namely, when in transition, players offload the pill to others who are immediately put under the pump by opposition

how is it that a player cannot see/read the situation - take responsibility, problem solve whats before them, then move the ball with purpose to a player with clear advantage .... as it is, ball movement now looks like high risk smart arse nonsense more interested in making the highlights reel in next weeks team review than any effort at executing an effective, considered, team first game plan

said it on another thread - there is a serious issue with player development at this club ..... this will likely get worse

Last edited:
To be fair. with all the gloom and doom about our trading and recruiting, I think we are right up there with Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney for the most finals appearances including around ten preliminary finals and two grand finals in the past 25 years.
I think the doom and gloom is more about our drafting, not so much trading

To be fair. with all the gloom and doom about our trading and recruiting, I think we are right up there with Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney for the most finals appearances including around ten preliminary finals and two grand finals in the past 25 years.
Sadly not many have your perspective mate. We are few and far between.

There is something NQR at the Club at the minute, has been since the Melbourne game.
No it’s actually been rotting since late last year.
I’ve heard a few things and then a mate who’s always on the money repeated what i had heard.
I think our class has allowed us to be somewhat competitive this year but the wheels are falling off now for all to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL Round 17 v Carlton - Sunday July 21st. 11:05am @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back