Vic Country 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Conditions will be heavy, it's been raining pretty heavily here in Sydney all week which might even things up a little bit.

Conditions were apparently perfect for footy with no sign of Sydney's torrential rain. Ground in great condition!

Who ended up winning the game does anyone know/can anyone confirm a NSW win ???

NSW by 5 points.
Country boys looked absolutely gutted when the siren went.
Country 4 goals up at half time and looking likely to run away with it but NSW came out firing in the third term and got their nose in front.
Last quarter was a classic with the lead changing a few times but NSW kicked the last with 3 minutes to go and then hung on.
Country would be very disappointed with their second half.

NSW by 5 points.
Country boys looked absolutely gutted when the siren went.
Country 4 goals up at half time and looking likely to run away with it but NSW came out firing in the third term and got their nose in front.
Last quarter was a classic with the lead changing a few times but NSW kicked the last with 3 minutes to go and then hung on.
Country would be very disappointed with their second half.
thats a wofal out come for the vics! they should be disgusted with them selves, they would not of minded haveing young chris prockter at chf to lead the way but unfortuatly he is injured and also missing barriolli n gaylor

So where to from here for country anyone see the game?
Will they make wholesale changes i'd imagine Hyde wouldnt be to pleased with a few.
Who would go out and who could come in.?
it's a very dangerous game against W.A if they play like they did against Nsw they might be in for a very long afternoon.

So where to from here for country anyone see the game?
Will they make wholesale changes i'd imagine Hyde wouldnt be to pleased with a few.
Who would go out and who could come in.?
it's a very dangerous game against W.A if they play like they did against Nsw they might be in for a very long afternoon.

I'd like to see Wright given a run, and probably Barolli back in if fit.

Also think that the travelling is a factor, and that VC face a very difficult task at Subi.

But it's a challenge for coaches and players, and they must go over there in a positive frame of mind. NSW turned it around and VC must look at that, and take something from it.

I'd like to see Wright given a run, and probably Barolli back in if fit.

Also think that the travelling is a factor, and that VC face a very difficult task at Subi.

But it's a challenge for coaches and players, and they must go over there in a positive frame of mind. NSW turned it around and VC must look at that, and take something from it.
word i heard is that vc r worring bout gettin drafted and being seen instead of playing as a team and working for one another, oviously every one is there for them selves

word i heard is that vc r worring bout gettin drafted and being seen instead of playing as a team and working for one another, oviously every one is there for them selves

The coaching staff would identify that, particulary after 2 games and the trial games by now.

Robbie Hyde, Leon Harris and others won't tolerate too much of that, and if that's the case the axe will swing.

On a positive side they were so bloody close in the metro game,and should remember that, and not dwell on the last 30 seconds of the metro game.

jamie sheahan is an absoloute freak
lacking in height but makes up for in pace and agility
fantastic kick that will hit up most fowards and loves to sneak down for a few goals a game

The coaching staff would identify that, particulary after 2 games and the trial games by now.

Robbie Hyde, Leon Harris and others won't tolerate too much of that, and if that's the case the axe will swing.

On a positive side they were so bloody close in the metro game,and should remember that, and not dwell on the last 30 seconds of the metro game.

Yeah i think they might need some more firepower up forward i would probably bring in tiller or someone like him to be another tall marking option up forward he's fairly mobile and a good second string in a forward line and maybe a small quick for the forward line . i thought they got smashed in the center clearances and stoppages for more of the game . Ziebell at half back is a waste and early he was taken back to full back which lost some grunt through the middle. i'd play him on a wing or forward to be attacking more than defending . They like him at half back to give some presence and drive from half back but ithink you need to attack more and he's a very dangerous kick for goal .The rucks probably need to do more and next game against natanui browne is going to be a bit exposed by mobility so roughhead will have to do more . Sheahan's gonna have to be good again against rich although rich is not playing well by all accounts so if sheahan can step up another cog . Suban and hien really need to stand up this game if they are going to have any hope . Butcher and rockliff also . Hooper has been good and will have his hands full with the small crumbing forwards of WA walters lucas yarran etc so he's goona need some help.For mine it's the other blokes in the team that need to step up and play some good footy .
I rekon the biggest problem is not so much they played for drafting more they were to scared to make mistakes that might cost them drafting .
They need to go out and just play take risks be extroverted and show thier tallents they are playing to conservative for mine .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how did the geelong boys go? christenson, simpkin, jones, rounds and boyd?
did christenson play after being injuried from metro game? who was best to survive selection for W.A?

Rob Hyde was at Geelong's game yesterday and the Gippsland game today so whether thats any guide who knows.

I would've thought he'd want a look at Murray v Nth Ballarat today being two country sides, a bit surprised he didn't go up to that one given they have made up about half the Country side so far. I assume other selectors would've seen it though.

Rob Hyde was at Geelong's game yesterday and the Gippsland game today so whether thats any guide who knows.

I would've thought he'd want a look at Murray v Nth Ballarat today being two country sides, a bit surprised he didn't go up to that one given they have made up about half the Country side so far. I assume other selectors would've seen it though.

Leon Harris was at the bushies v rebels game yesterday footyman:thumbsu:

Does anybody know who else might be in .
ins for country.Ben BucovazBen CunningtonCaleb TillerSam Hughes
Good to see them all get a run .
Tiller will be good on subiaco and the ground will suit him as might it suit cunnington if he gets some space.
Outs are Butcher Rounds BoydLockwood
Butcher will be missed but i think tiller can do as good a job as butcher has been doing he's a good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Country 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back