Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder what the Collingwood sooks in this thread think of going to play against GC, who've played once at their home ground in the last 7 games and are coming off a 6 day break from the longest road trip in footy to play a Collingwood, of the bye, who haven't traveled since April.

Thoughts Collingwood wowsers?
Pissed off its not at the G to be honest

Some of our blokes flew to Bali and stayed in hotels last week. We're at an increcible disadvantage.

But seriously, the media have found a new advantage to whip up the whingers about: the advantage of coming off the bye . Here's the results before this year:

Somehow were now in trouble when we DO travel interstate

on the flip side, Port is about to play Saints for the 9th time @ marvel in 27 years

we played 7 venues in the 1st 9 rounds
3 states in 11 days ( SA/ACT/Vic)
played Brisbane off 2 byes before we had 1(like a few other teams)
round 16 and we are about to play our 6th home game and only 5 of those at our home venue( and 3 of those vs co-tenents)

the fixation on Collingwood.......

This will be ignored because it doesn’t fit with their story that it’s a “Vicbias” thing.

Your Olympic example is a little strange as it’s nit like they swim one heat in the pool, fly back to Australia, then fly back to Paris for next heat etc etc. bad example mate.
I didn't mention anything about travel, so not sure why you have brought that in?

What I find strange is how athletes can perform personal bests and create new world records when sleeping in a hotel.

Surely if sleeping in a hotel had a negative impact on performance you wouldn't see athletes creating new PBs.

So if the Pies are top of the ladder and are playing the Saints at the MCG who are last where you will get about an 80/20 crowd split to this game would you believe you have HGA in that game
Keep up, when doing 2024 Pies fixture split, I already listed Saints at the MCG as a game where we enjoy a distinct ground advantage.

They should absolutely do this. Anything to reduce the burden on the clubs that are travelling to Melbourne. In an ideal world the Grand Final would be rotated to reduce this, but there is no where else with a 100k stadium. My one grand final in Melbourne also was an awesome experience, but incredibly expensive. I think I would have paid out $3500-$4000 in 2013 and I didn't pay for accommodation.
Agree with the AFL looking after accom for full club footy department and families for GF week.

These are practical solutions that can and should be addressed.

Onky downside being sleeping in a hotel for a week, we all know that the WA wowsers think that is a huge disadvantage.

So, let's make it even
Agree with the AFL looking after accom for full club footy department and families for GF week.

These are practical solutions that can and should be addressed.

Onky downside being sleeping in a hotel for a week, we all know that the WA wowsers think that is a huge disadvantage.

Yep - not a huge disadvantage - but it is one.

I've got some things to add:

Let's go even further and make the Victorian club stay in a hotel as well and train away from their normal training facilities.

Make sure that if they're a home tenant at the MCG they don't get their normal change rooms and lockers - this would apply also if playing a Victorian team who is not a tenant.

So, let's make it even

Yep - not a huge disadvantage - but it is one.

I've got some things to add:

Let's go even further and make the Victorian club stay in a hotel as well and train away from their normal training facilities.
No drama's with staying in hotel.

And yes, instead of training at normal facilities should get access to the G, to make it fair.

Make sure that if they're a home tenant at the MCG they don't get their normal change rooms and lockers - this would apply also if playing a Victorian team who is not a tenant.
Let the non-vic team pick rooms, leave it up to them.

Wonder what the Collingwood sooks in this thread think of going to play against GC, who've played once at their home ground in the last 7 games and are coming off a 6 day break from the longest road trip in footy to play a Collingwood, of the bye, who haven't traveled since April.

Collingwood played interstate against Freo late May.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood played interstate against Freo late May.
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Thoughts?

There are no Collingswood wowsers / sooks, they're not doing the sooking.

Thoughts?

All you do is sook and whine about how you don't have a 'true' home ground advantage.

It's levels of wowsering that are beginning to become incomprehensible.

The fact that your own coach went on AFL 360 early in in the season and explicitly stated that Collingwood have an unfair advantage over other teams in the comp makes anything you've said(and will continue to say) in this thread null and void.

Watching you scream into the abyss after trying to connect dots to justify your team's advantage over everyone else is quite funny though.

Keep it up :thumbsu:

Thoughts?

Speak for yourself. Our blokes have been off in Bali staying in hotels. Disgusting that the AFL has forced them into a travel double up by scheduling a game against Gold Coast straight after the obligatory Bali trip.

Speak for yourself. Our blokes have been off in Bali staying in hotels. Disgusting that the AFL has forced them into a travel double up by scheduling a game against Gold Coast straight after the obligatory Bali trip.
I assume we’ll be requesting a bye after our bye next year to avoid this strenuous travel load?

All you do is sook and whine about how you don't have a 'true' home ground advantage.
No I haven't, only one pie fan itt has mentioned it, that's not sooking
The fact that your own coach went on AFL 360 early in in the season and explicitly stated that Collingwood have an unfair advantage over other teams in the comp makes anything you've said(and will continue to say) in this thread null and void.
Think you'll find 99.9% of pie fans agree with fly
Watching you scream into the abyss after trying to connect dots to justify your team's advantage over everyone else is quite funny though.
Looks like it's you and the other nv fans doing the screaming and sooking, not pie fans.

No I haven't, only one pie fan itt has mentioned it, that's not sooking

Think you'll find 99.9% of pie fans agree with fly

Looks like it's you and the other nv fans doing the screaming and sooking, not pie fans.
Mate, he just parrots what we say, same as anything non_Vic, they wait for the Vics to doing something, then follow what we do, then cry about it.
Too lazy to get off their arses and do
something for themselves.

Our boys are that accustomed to flights during the year they handle a coupe more with ease. Courage
This is the thing. These guys whinge about return flights to Perth and staying in hotels.

Jordy does return flights to New York and stays in prisons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back