Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The poor battler actually includes seasons when Vic teams didnt play in Vic as part of his cherry picked sample size as his "evidence".

He will blatantly make up shite to support his lazy VICBias position.

His own Swans are the darlings who the AFL want to be strong, and they have unsurprisngly played in the most AFL GFs of the 21st century.

But as the Swans have embarassed themselves a couple of times in GFs, it is easier to sook then simply accept that on the day the Swans simply didn't show up.
Yeah, it’s a load of nonsense.

2 years were Covid where the vic teams got no advantages at all.

Of the remaining Vic flags, they are dominated by Geelong and Hawthorn - who travel the MOST. The big 4 (who are apparently looked after and have every concession under the sun) only have 3 flags combined.

Then of course the sample is carefully cherry picked to exclude the 6 years of interstate dominance immediately prior.

Genuine yelling at clouds territory.

He’s literally got the record for the longest-serving VFL/AFL coach of all-time to never make a Grand Final, so I very much doubt that.

His five year span between 2015-2019 would’ve seen him sacked anywhere, without all the other failures of the extended timespan loaded in.
I get it. Port expects flags and Kenny hasn't delivered. But you've won over 60% of games under Kenny and never less than 10 in a year. And this is the only time that I think you're in the conversation about best lists going around. I still don't think you tick that box though. I think he's done well.

I get it. Port expects flags and Kenny hasn't delivered. But you've won over 60% of games under Kenny and never less than 10 in a year. And this is the only time that I think you're in the conversation about best lists going around. I still don't think you tick that box though. I think he's done well.

It’s not even that. How about just making a Grand Final (which two-thirds of the league has managed since he took the reins)?

The 60% figure is predicated on a 36-4 record against the era’s minnows (NM/GC/StK).

He has a negative Showdown record, and a diabolical finals record — especially in cutthroat games at Adelaide Oval.

The list thing is chicken-egg: nobody would've mentioned any alleged weaknesses with talent had the team registered the expected victory in the 2021 Prelim against the Christmas Island Bulldogs (who hilariously haven’t won at the venue since as free men), etc.

No flags, but he's got an excellent win/loss record. Players love him and no controversies. He would have survived without being questioned at all at some of the Vic teams who are less used to winning premierships than Port Adelaide with their squillion in the SANFL.
That's absolute garbage but thanks for the response

Yeah, it’s a load of nonsense.

2 years were Covid where the vic teams got no advantages at all.

Of the remaining Vic flags, they are dominated by Geelong and Hawthorn - who travel the MOST. The big 4 (who are apparently looked after and have every concession under the sun) only have 3 flags combined.

Then of course the sample is carefully cherry picked to exclude the 6 years of interstate dominance immediately prior.

Genuine yelling at clouds territory.
If you're including Richmond and Collingwood in the mythical Big 4, isn't it 5?

Also, everything has to be in the context of post 2007 Royal Commission/Operation Heartland. The concerted collusion of the AFL/VICTORIAN Govt/MCC/Victorian 4th Estate.

If you're including Richmond and Collingwood in the mythical Big 4, isn't it 5?

Also, everything has to be in the context of post 2007 Royal Commission/Operation Heartland. The concerted collusion of the AFL/VICTORIAN Govt/MCC/Victorian 4th Estate.
What was the conclusion of this mythical 'Royal Commission' you keep going on about?

Sydney have 12 so far this year, and plenty of non-Victorian teams who play finals would play interstate 13 or 14 times during a season.
Sydney do not have 12 dude, for the third time. The fixtures are publicly available, you can look them up.

You are also predictably now shifting the goalposts. Finals have nothing to do with the discussion.

I’ll ask again - for an EIGHTH time - which clubs average 13 a season?

Last edited:
Sydney have 12 so far this year, and plenty of non-Victorian teams who play finals would play interstate 13 or 14 times during a season.
Can you count?

Here's the formula for non-vic teams who don't sell home games:

11 at home. One away against local rival. Total 12

10 away interstate + gather round.

Syd, WCE, Freo play 12 at home and 11 travels.
Adel and Port play 13 at the Adelaide Oval and 10 interstate.
GWS + GC sell some home games to another state - so they do more travelling and less in home state.

Adelaide and Port are given a positive ratio regarding games with an advantage versus games with a disadvantage. 11:10
Most other teams it works out even (unless they sell home games)
Two teams get a negative ratio - I think it'll be the ones who play the SA teams in Gather Round.

Sydney do not have 12 dude, for the third time. The fixtures are publicly available, you can look them up. Not a single team has 12 for a year.
When has being accurate ever been important to him?

The entire sook is based on cherry picked made up stats.
You are also predictably now shifting the goalposts. Finals have nothing to do with the discussion.
Unlike Sydney, plenty of Victorian based teams dont actually get home finals.

But he will still claim the poor Swans are dudded compared to teams like WB.
Geelong are one team who plays 13-14 games away from their home city each year.

Geelong have a fixture much closer to that of Sydney then Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney do not have 12 dude, for the third time. The fixtures are publicly available, you can look them up. Not a single team has 12 for a year.

I'd say GWS and GC, who sell home games, do have more than 11 interstate. The other non-vics have 11 or 10 for SA teams

I'd say GWS and GC, who sell home games, do have more than 11 interstate. The other non-vics have 11 or 10 for SA teams
Fair enough, which they choose to do for other reasons - which they wouldn’t do if it weren’t worth it.

Almost like the physical travel in and of itself isn’t all that important…

Fair enough, which they choose to do for other reasons - which they wouldn’t do if it weren’t worth it.

Almost like the physical travel in and of itself isn’t all that important…
Gold Coast will probably up their Darwin trips. Add climate to the other advantages and they'll never lose there.

Obv having the GF at the MCG is the biggest advantage in the game for Melbourne based clubs.
There have been 19 Grand Finals at the MCG between a Victorian team and a non-Victorian team and the record is 10-9 in favour of the Vic teams. As close to 50-50 as you can get.

The crowd split at the Grand Final is unlike a home and away game. The non-vic team has a huge presence - crowd support is split quite evenly. The travelling team comes down to Melbourne before the parade so they are here for a couple of days. The MCG also hosts 45 games per year. It’s a stadium not an intimate suburban ground that away teams barely play at like Kardinia Park. From a large sample size of 19 matches from 1992-2023 over 32 years, the 10-9 record shows there is no proveable advantage.

A lot of this crap comes down to people playing the victim. It’s seductive to play the victim because people get to blame things other than themselves for losing games. It’s human nature to play the victim and to take no responsibility.

Do Melbourne Storm play the victim? No. They get on with it and win premierships.

There have been 19 Grand Finals at the MCG between a Victorian team and a non-Victorian team and the record is 10-9 in favour of the Vic teams. As close to 50-50 as you can get.

The crowd split at the Grand Final is unlike a home and away game. The non-vic team has a huge presence - crowd support is split quite evenly. The travelling team comes down to Melbourne before the parade so they are here for a couple of days. The MCG also hosts 45 games per year. It’s a stadium not an intimate suburban ground that away teams barely play at like Kardinia Park. From a large sample size of 19 matches from 1992-2023 over 32 years, the 10-9 record shows there is no proveable advantage.

A lot of this crap comes down to people playing the victim. It’s seductive to play the victim because people get to blame things other than themselves for losing games. It’s human nature to play the victim and to take no responsibility.

Do Melbourne Storm play the victim? No. They get on with it and win premierships.
In fairness, the storm are quickly becoming finals chokers

good post

and the All Blacks, they win all over the world, we cant beat them home or over there.

What was the conclusion of this mythical 'Royal Commission' you keep going on about?
Well seeing most of those Geelong and Hawthorn flags which followed stright after were won by blokes recruited before 2007, the AFL clearly removed the restriction that stopped GAJ, Bartel, Stevie J and co from dominating. They injected a superman potion into Buddy, a fearless potion into Hodge, something that gave Sam Mitchell his hands and cleverness and banned anyone else from drafting Cyril. And they allowed Hawthorn to cheat by playing defenders who could kick drop punts rather than just mongrel hacks to clear the defence.

What they actually did was introduce the footy department spend limits, as Collingwood, WCE, ADel and Sydney were spending way more than everyone else on coaching, recruiting and development of their players. They helped 9 Vic teams and 5 Non-Vic teams to compete on a level playing field with the wealthier clubs. A Port supporter should be applauding it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back