Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is the AFL itself. Whilst it should be the same every year, if Pies or Richmond finished 1st they'd give them a Friday QF. So then you end up with problems like this.

Oh well flip side is afternoon exposure which is the grand final time slot.

Port played the last game on a Sunday in WA then they give them the Thursday slot. Makes sense.
I think clubs would actually prefer an 11 day break rather than 14. Concussion would be the only issue with that but it seems they avoided any of those

Finish first, ask for Friday, get the Saturday arvo slot so 6th and 7th can play at the MCG. Seems like Vic Bias unless I am
missing something
Its all about the Semi final and Prelim Finals match ups and avoiding 6 day breaks.

Semi final weekend has 3rd v7th on the Friday, which means the 2nd v 3rd QF on the Thursday or friday. This locks in the 6v7 matchup to either Thursday or Friday to avoid 1 club getting 2 extra days break.

Which means 1v4 and 5v8 on Saturday leading into a Saturday Semi final.

This has been the preferred set up for quite a few years. They only had to change it up last year due to there being 3 MCG matches in week 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol only a fine for Jones when Ash just got suspended for a similar tackle a week ago. It strikes again!
Cadman's head made no contact with the ground, no medical assessment and he didn't have to come from the ground, day and night compared to Ash's violent and irresposible action (sorry thats what the AFL media do don't they).

Cadman's head made no contact with the ground, no medical assessment and he didn't have to come from the ground, day and night compared to Ash's violent and irresposible action (sorry thats what the AFL media do don't they).
So this isn’t the same incident I saw, that one showed shoulder and then head definitely made contact with the ground as a result of the tackle.

Have to go back and look at this one.

Edit: just did, yeah it’s the same one, wow that’s no longer worth a suspension anymore. Not penalising the illegal action anymore, just the outcome it seems. Surprising, but not surprising really, got to give some teams some leniency coming into finals.

Last edited:

Pinned the arm, forceful towards the ground. Been a week all year (or years) until now suddenly on the eve of finals.

Head clearly also makes contact with the ground. His cheek is flush on the ground. Slightly shoulder first but still head into the turf.

IMG_0678.jpeg

Pinned the arm, forceful towards the ground. Been a week all year (or years) until now suddenly on the eve of finals.

Head clearly also makes contact with the ground. His cheek is flush on the ground. Slightly shoulder first but still head into the turf.

View attachment 2092453

Cadman bounced up looking as fresh as a daisy. Not sure how you could argue with low impact for that one.

Careless/high contact/low impact = fine

Pretty straight forward one.

Cadman bounced up looking as fresh as a daisy. Not sure how you could argue with low impact for that one.

Careless/high contact/low impact = fine

Pretty straight forward one.

In isolation that would be fine and I actually wouldn’t have a problem with is just being a fine.

However numerous other tackles have resulted in suspension for similar impact when the opposition player doesn’t get concussed, doesn’t go off the ground etc. Consistency is all we ask.

In isolation that would be fine and I actually wouldn’t have a problem with is just being a fine.

However numerous other tackles have resulted in suspension for similar impact when the opposition player doesn’t get concussed, doesn’t go off the ground etc. Consistency is all we ask.

Have they been graded higher with no sign of impact? I can't think of any.

I think we can all agree that the MRO is a lotto. Consistency has never been a strong point. But I also think it is hard to judge whether the contact was medium or low in cases where the player doesn't need to come off the ground. Which is a major flaw of the AFL deciding to suspend based on the outcome rather than the action. Player get both lucky and unlucky, based on things outside of their control.

I think we can all agree that the MRO is a lotto. Consistency has never been a strong point. But I also think it is hard to judge whether the contact was medium or low in cases where the player doesn't need to come off the ground. Which is a major flaw of the AFL deciding to suspend based on the outcome rather than the action. Player get both lucky and unlucky, based on things outside of their control.
There is nothing to judge. It is all now decided on outcome only.
Dan Houstan gets 5 weeks for bump on Rankin. If he had of bumped Tex Walker it wouldn't of been looked at as Walker would of bounced back up.
It is absolutely a lottery. Must be bloody hard for the players now knowing they can do something perfectly legal and get suspended for it. Better off just sitting on the outside of the pack and never laying a tackle, bumping or even going for the ball. Let someone else take the risks

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back