Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing Essendon wants means anything, they're a joke

42 goals is way more than any of our guys got, imagine him with Daics and Bobby around plus Schultz and Elliott, McStay and de Goey...

Always plenty of bargains around and that's how we remain a powerhouse, while you blokes will throw the kitchen sink at a cooked Houston lol
Lol A cooked 2 X All Australian at 27 years old but a fat 30 year old will rival last years wonder kid Shultzy lol.

Wormy didn't think that one through did he🤣.
It's all relative. By Carlton standards this year was an A really.

What's your tip for Carlton next year? I've run the algorithm and it's giving me an 88.4% probability that the Bloos will let their fans down again in 2025.
To the contrary...

I reckon he spent a significant amount of time thinking it through, yet still arrived at the same flawed conclusion.

I also think there are now a small minority of Carlton supporters out there who have come to the realisation that their team is not all that, and are in for another decade (at least) of mediocrity.

So my analysis tells me there is a 92.7% probability than the Blues will again let down 84.6% of their fans.

To the contrary...

I reckon he spent a significant amount of time thinking it through, yet still arrived at the same flawed conclusion.

I also think there are now a small minority of Carlton supporters out there who have come to the realisation that their team is not all that, and are in for another decade (at least) of mediocrity.

So my analysis tells me there is a 92.7% probability than the Blues will again let down 84.6% of their fans.
Gotta feel for their fans. Being let down sucks. I hate being let down.
Must be so frustrating to support a team like Carlton that always let's you down.

Gotta feel for their fans. Being let down sucks. I hate being let down.
Must be so frustrating to support a team like Carlton that always let's you down.
Winning the premiership to missing finals the next season is a massive let down.

Geez, back when there was still some sort of Geelong/Richmond rivalry we certainly didn't celebrate finishing top 4 when they slipped out of finals in 2021.

Why was that? They were the reigning premiers. Bragging rights until Geelong won their next flag.

Collingwood have had bragging rights since 2010, with a fresh slam dunk in 2023 while contending along the way. The "let down" of missing finals the year after a flag is nowhere near as big as a 60-0 elimination final spanking after being 2nd premiership favourite after 14 rounds. All when trying to break an almost 30 year drought.

Geez, back when there was still some sort of Geelong/Richmond rivalry we certainly didn't celebrate finishing top 4 when they slipped out of finals in 2021.

Why was that? They were the reigning premiers. Bragging rights until Geelong won their next flag.

Collingwood have had bragging rights since 2010, with a fresh slam dunk in 2023 while contending along the way. The "let down" of missing finals the year after a flag is nowhere near as big as a 60-0 elimination final spanking after being 2nd premiership favourite after 14 rounds. All when trying to break an almost 30 year drought.
As you know the top 4 years are what you remember and get invested in as you feel like your a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's called 'deflection'.

As you know the top 4 years are what you remember and get invested in as you feel like your a chance
Yes and I'd take the hope they represent as at least it's being fully invested. Carlton supporters would rightly be at least a bit encouraged if they finished top 4 as realistically (minus a miracle) it's the only launching pad for flags.

Throwing away a top 4 spot after being mid season 2nd premiership favourites is a very disappointing situation as a chance to even contend was lost.

It's not just that Carlton consistently let their fans down. It's the dramatic ways in which they do it. They seem to find new and inventive ways to humiliate their fans every year.
0-60 in a final 4 minutes out from half time🤣🤡.

It's not just that Carlton consistently let their fans down. It's the dramatic ways in which they do it. They seem to find new and inventive ways to humiliate their fans every year.
0-60 in a final 4 minutes out from half time🤣🤡.
2022 - Collingwood close like the Grim Reaper in the final round to secure top 4 and knock Carlton out of Finals.
2023 - Carlton kick the first 5 goals of their Preliminary Final against Brisbane to seduce Andy Maher to declare 'this is the biggest statement made by any team in the finals series so far' on Blues Radio, before giving up 10 of the next 11 goals.
2024 - Owen 60 in an Elimination Final against Brisbane, after being second on the ladder and second favourites for the premiership at round 15.

All this after 8 years of not looking like making the finals.

Simply Glorious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back