Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The SA sooks pretend that the ground aint important

Port enjoy a home ground advantage when playing at Norwood, because it is in Adelaide.
Can't you answer a simple question?

Collingwood playing Carlton at Princes park when it was a state league, was not an away game?

Is this what you mean or not?
You guys cannot be serious…

Of course Port would have home ground advantage if they got to play Collingwood at Norwood oval.

Do you think with Showdowns there are no “home” games despite the very different atmospheres at those games?

Of course Port would have home ground advantage if they got to play Collingwood at Norwood oval.

Do you think with Showdowns there are no “home” games despite the very different atmospheres at those games?
You still can't answer my question.

I think I know why, but you keep going now, you have told me all I need to know.

No.

The two vic teams who "earnt" the right to a home final are the only teams who didn't get one in weeks 1-3 of finals.

The AFL instead fixtures those games at the G to maximise attendance.

And Sydney supporters think they are hard done by, despite the AFL not shifting their game to a larger venue to maximise a crowd until week4 of finals 🤣🤣

Either Sydney or Port Adelaide will make the Grand Final and both teams have "earnt" a home Grand Final and yet there is every chance they will come up against Geelong at the MCG, who finished below both of them and yet Geelong is getting the home ground advantage.

Funny you mention the NRL because if you want an example of vested interests favouring certain clubs in a sports league than look no further.

As I said I haven't any real knowledge of the goings on, is the NRL as bad is it. Wouldn't be surprised tbh.

As long as you understand there is no Vic bias, that is the main takeaway.

Either Sydney or Port Adelaide will make the Grand Final and both teams have "earnt" a home Grand Final and yet there is every chance they will come up against Geelong at the MCG, who finished below both of them and yet Geelong is getting the home ground advantage.
Show us the rule where it says a team earns a home ground grand final.

I doubt there is 1 league in Australia with this rule.

And Sydney haven't earnt jack, they have been gifted everything they have got, they wouldn't even be here without the leg ups they get from the AFL.

Travelling from marvel to the mcg qualifies as playing “away” for vic teams is what you’re saying?
I think the point Doppleganger is trying to make is that Western Bulldogs rarely play at the MCG. Your club, as well as my club, actually had more games at the MCG this year than the Bulldogs.

Show us the rule where is says a team earns a home ground grand final.

And Sydney haven't earnt jack, they have been gifted everything they have got, they wouldn't even be here without the leg ups they get from the AFL.
I get the vicbias thing from WA and SA, but from the Northern clubs, it's just absurd.

Show us the rule where is says a team earns a home ground grand final.

A-League has it for the most part, NBL has a much fairer system than us. Not to mention I am pretty sure much bigger sports than ours have home Grand Finals as I am pretty sure the NFL does.

Also the alternative to the "rule" you are talking about is true, that it is an actual rule saying it has to be played at the MCG, disadvantaging a lot of clubs.

You still can't answer my question.

I think I know why, but you keep going now, you have told me all I need to know.
I have answered it. You’re just.. I forget the term. Sea lioning?

It’s a silly question. State leagues:
1. Are leagues in which no team really have to travel.
2. Have games played at grounds which truly belong to that club.

So if Port earned a home final but then had to play Norwood at Norwood then yes that’s unfair. That is not the situation of your Dogs. They had no travel, ticket sales prioritising their members, and all of the match day hoopla. It was as much a home game as any Port game at adelaide oval

A-League has it for the most part, NBL has a much fairer system than us. Not to mention I am pretty sure much bigger sports than ours have home Grand Finals as I am pretty sure the NFL does.

Also the alternative to the "rule" you are talking about is true, that it is an actual rule saying it has to be played at the MCG, disadvantaging a lot of clubs.
Hahahaha, my god, now you are looking at other codes, if Sydney want a home grand final, then go play those sports, Aussie rules don't do those rules.

And yes it's at the MCG, and it won't be long before another contract extension will be announced.

It's at the MCG forever, get used to it.

With our comp - the only "fair" thing in terms of teams would be all final venues being neutral. Home and Away fixture isn't equal with some teams playing better teams twice than other teams do, so the whole earnt a home final is a dodgy claim to start with. But neutral finals would be incredibly unfair on fans.

We currently have a final's system that is the fairest for fans who all get the opportunity to see their team at home sometimes and the biggest venue where the most fans can watch getting the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong with their midfield from temu is now the vfls last hope. Hate to see it.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

I have answered it. You’re just.. I forget the term. Sea lioning?

It’s a silly question. State leagues:
1. Are leagues in which no team really have to travel.
2. Have games played at grounds which truly belong to that club.

So if Port earned a home final but then had to play Norwood at Norwood then yes that’s unfair. That is not the situation of your Dogs. They had no travel, ticket sales prioritising their members, and all of the match day hoopla. It was as much a home game as any Port game at adelaide oval
You are talking gibberish.

I asked you a simple question, I didn't say a thing about traveling or GF's.

If Collingwood played Carlton at Princes Park during the VFL is it not an away game?

It's a really simple question.

Port played more H&A games at the MCG than Geelong in 2007. Who had the 'home ground advantage' that year?

Port played more H&A games at the MCG than Geelong in 2007. Who had the 'home ground advantage' that year?

2007 likely did not make much of a difference but if the game is within 2 or 3 goals you can bet it makes a difference. The home umpiring is a real thing, as well as having the local media all cheering on the local team.

Theirs layers to home ground advantage:

The crowd energising the home team.
The crowd impacting umpiring
Familiarity with the venue
Standard routine.

Some apply in a home state games at a different ground. Others don't.

My take on Port knocking off the Hawks is that the biggest factor in the advantage was the ground itself. It's narrowness made it more difficult for the Hawks to switch and spread the field like they'd been doing at wider grounds

You are talking gibberish.

I asked you a simple question, I didn't say a thing about traveling or GF's.

If Collingwood played Carlton at Princes Park during the VFL is it not an away game?

It's a really simple question.
To answer your specific question. Yes, sort of. Can we talk about the AFL now, or do you want to continue to miss the point?

Truly staggering that after all these years there are fans of 8 clubs (6 really as 2 don't have fans) that cannot fathom that the AFL does not care about them. Never have, never will. You joined a Vic centric competition and complain that it is vic centric.

The Grand Final will never move from the MCG, it will always favour the 4-5 MCG tenants over everyone else. That is the way it is for another 3 decades and suspect it will end up being longer than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back