Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm, no, what 'shocked' me was that the exchange was a snapshot of this thread.
Someone says theres some dubious umpiring in favour of Hawthorn( yes, a Vic team) and a Pie supporter lost his shit before declaring we joined his league.

Sound familiar, lol.

If not, go back 50 pages and reread your fellow Pies posts in this thread.

There are #VICBIAS discussions about inequality and advantage and disadvantage which are good.

Then there's a group with a chip on their shoulder - mainly seems to be Port fans in this thread - who carry on whenever a free gets paid against them or a commentator says something they disagree with. Who blatantly claim not just advantages in a system but outright cheating. These people have so little idea and have their ridiculous views confirmed by people nodding along at Adelaide oval, so they can't understand how obnoxious they and their views are and why they get a response. You are outright accusing the adminstrators and umpires of cheating and not just when carrying on during a game. You're besmirching a whole industry with the only proof bieng that you didn't like a few free kicks - something every clubs fans experience every game. It's pathetic.

Here's a bit of vicbias for you: One of the best things about footy between Vic teams at the MCG is that fans of both sides are there, so rubbish comments get responded to and you don't end up with ridiculous circles of confirmation bias where ridiculous opinions and beliefs are confirmed by a biased mob and become that mobs truth. At Adelaide Oval you can shout out any biased rubbish and the whole crowd nods along and agrees. And nonsense becomes normalised and the mob's truth. And the local media drill into it too in a way that you just don't get in Vic. It can become one big rabbit hole for the less self aware - and sir you are way down deep in that rabbit hole. So yes, you will be viewed as a conspiracy theorist - because you are. And I know where Trump would have his most fervant rallies if he ran in Australia - it wouldn't be the MCG.

Last edited:
Why would it worry me?

Your story was in fact trying to lump all Victorians into the same basket, you don't believe Vics would barrack for non-Vic sides against a Vic side.

So you come up with this story, ok, you may have had something happen, but I don't believe it went the way you say it did, for starter, you don't stop complaining about umpires, you come across as a loudmouthed, umpire and Victorian basher.

Your story contradicts itself, like the wives rushed them out before they retaliated, yet he sat there and sulked.
Or they come from Vic, but that's where he drank.

So if this did in fact happen, I believe you were loudmouthing about cheating Vic umpiring and got told to shut it or F%^&* off.
Ok, its pretty obvious that you arent interested in what happened and would rather twist into something else.
Go your hardest.
As someone else said, the things said are often thrown around in here so its not a new thing.

My intention in telling of the experience was more about my suprise at actually finding myself in a real world exchange that id normally expect to find only in here.
life immitating art kinda feeling.

If calling shit umpiring, shit umpiring, which I think we can all agree has been a theme this year, is enough to trigger a bloke then perhaps public venues arent for him.

There are #VICBIAS discussions about inequality and advantage and disadvantage which are good.

Then there's a group with a chip on their shoulder - mainly seems to be Port fans in this thread - who carry on whenever a free gets paid against them or a commentator says something they disagree with. Who blatantly claim not just advantages in a system but outright cheating. These people have so little idea and have their ridiculous views confirmed by people nodding along at Adelaide oval, so they can't understand how obnoxious they and their views are and why they get a response. You are outright accusing the adminstrators and umpires of cheating and not just when carrying on during a game. You're besmirching a whole industry with the only proof bieng that you didn't like a few free kicks - something every clubs fans experience every game. It's pathetic.

Here's a bit of vicbias for you: One of the best things about footy between Vic teams at the MCG is that fans of both sides are there, so rubbish comments get responded to and you don't end up with ridiculous circles of confirmation bias where ridiculous opinions and beliefs are confirmed by a biased mob and become that mobs truth. At Adelaide Oval you can shout out any biased rubbish and the whole crowd nods along and agrees. And nonsense becomes normalised and the mob's truth. And the local media drill into it too in a way that you just don't get in Vic. It can become one big rabbit hole for the less self aware - and sir you are way down deep in that rabbit hole. So yes, you will be viewed as a conspiracy theorist - because you are. And I know where Trump would have his most fervant rallies if he ran in Australia - it wouldn't be the MCG.
“Vic is great because it isn’t an echo chamber where you’re constantly having your opinions and feelings reaffirmed” might be the most… interesting take of all.

“Vic is great because it isn’t an echo chamber where you’re constantly having your opinions and feelings reaffirmed” might be the most… interesting take of all.

It's because you're in the rabbit hole - you can't see it. Actually thinking that the umpires are intentionally cheating as part of a conspiracy. FFS. Not one of those whistle blowers has become a whistle blower.

The umpires are cheats!
Yeah but you live in Alberton conspiracy confirmation land. Listen to your mates story. Shocked that he was watching the footy and carrying on and someone disagreed with him. Biased wierd views from Port fans just aren't challenged in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide. You mean he claimed he was barracking for Port but disagreed with me about Vicbias stuff... He couldn't have been barracking for Port. If he was barracking for Port he would agree with all my rants.

Yeah but you live in Alberton conspiracy confirmation land. Listen to your mates story. Shocked that he was watching the footy and carrying on and someone disagreed with him. Biased wierd views from Port fans just aren't challenged in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide. You mean he claimed he was barracking for Port but disagreed with me about Vicbias stuff... He couldn't have been barracking for Port. If he was barracking for Port he would agree with all my rants.
Eh, I believe him. He’s right, really. The “rivalries” over there are more like sibling rivalries that are set aside should an outsider go after the family. Why else would you weird campaigners be booing JHF for a year? Because he insulted Victorian football by leaving North.

That’s like us (port fans) booing Jake Lever for what he did to the crows. That would make no sense whatsoever. But when these things happen in Victoria it seems to be a different calculus.

Eh, I believe him. He’s right, really. The “rivalries” over there are more like sibling rivalries that are set aside should an outsider go after the family. Why else would you weird campaigners be booing JHF for a year? Because he insulted Victorian football by leaving North.

That’s like us (port fans) booing Jake Lever for what he did to the crows. That would make no sense whatsoever. But when these things happen in Victoria it seems to be a different calculus.
You guys just love even comps so much. It must be tough playing in an uneven comp where it's a couple of games between 2nd and twelth and the same team doesn't win it every year. You seem to be really yearning for your days of evenness and aren't coping with the loss of the evenness - where you always won.

Ok, its pretty obvious that you arent interested in what happened and would rather twist into something else.
Go your hardest.
As someone else said, the things said are often thrown around in here so its not a new thing.

My intention in telling of the experience was more about my suprise at actually finding myself in a real world exchange that id normally expect to find only in here.
life immitating art kinda feeling.

If calling shit umpiring, shit umpiring, which I think we can all agree has been a theme this year, is enough to trigger a bloke then perhaps public venues arent for him.
No, your story is BS,you tried to make up shit as you don't believe Vics would barrack against Vics.

You see, you don't believe us, and we certainly don't believe an umpire, Vic hater like you, you even named people in here who you think may have been there.

You can't stand that we call out your BS in here so you cry your little eyes about it,then run away, like you did in that pub, then when you pick yourself up,you come back for more of the same, every time, it's the same Vic umpire crap, that's why no-one believes you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's funny, I thought Adelaide booed him also.
I may be wrong but I also think West Coast booed him.

Maybe he is just hated by the whole of the country and not just the Vics.

Myself,I couldn't give a rats, if he wants to play for Port, then let him play for them, it's only a game.

But your take on things just sums you and a few of you mates up.

No, your story is BS,you tried to make up shit as you don't believe Vics would barrack against Vics.

You see, you don't believe us, and we certainly don't believe an umpire, Vic hater like you, you even named people in here who you think may have been there.

You can't stand that we call out your BS in here so you cry your little eyes about it,then run away, like you did in that pub, then when you pick yourself up,you come back for more of the same, every time, it's the same Vic umpire crap, that's why no-one believes you.
You sound agitated, isnt this where you roll with 'you joined our league'..lol

SR was the first one to claim to have been there and to be honest, as the sook old mate had is almost verbatim the rubbish you mob roll with in here It wouldnt suprise me.
I certainly didnt run away, old mate did when the pants of the house instructed him to..lol

Wah, wah, the mean South Australian doesnt like our shit umpiring.

Last edited:
You sound agitated, isnt this where you roll with 'you joined our league'..lol
No, I won't say that, what I will say though, is since you have joined all your supporters and your club have done is whinge.
You agreed to not wear the prison bars, but when you got in, all you do is complain about not being allowed to wear them, your club has no ticker, if you want to wear them, wear them, cowards.

Then you have the China fiasco, Port wanted to play their home game there but couldn't because of the contact they have, so begged the AFL to let another club play their home game there, then when GC agreed you told them don't wear your home jumper or we won't invite you again.

Can you see how your club are just hypocrites, just like their supporters?

I think his story is true. He was at a pub started calling Victorians cheats and was shocked when some Victorians took offence. And thinks it's a scathing story against Victorians. Just hilarious.

Should rename this thread The Collingwood and Port thread of Black and White Stripe Spite. Or something.

Choco Williams should have united you!

We can't unite with Port, it's the other Non-Vic fans viewing it as a 2 team rather than 18 team comp who've already willingly united with Port. WCE and Sydney fans who've spent months nodding along and encouraging crazy conspiracy theorists - a rag tag of nutter enablers and encouragers from the North and the West have already embraced the conspiracy theorists, who are really just having a sook because they no longer win their comp every year and are doing so under the banner of their love for equality ...

Port supporters, and the club, do think everyone is out to get them. They would be the most successful AFL team if it wasn't for the SANFL, The AFL, the Crows and Gil keeping them down.

We can't unite with Port, it's the other Non-Vic fans viewing it as a 2 team rather than 18 team comp who've already willingly united with Port. WCE and Sydney fans who've spent months nodding along and encouraging crazy conspiracy theorists - a rag tag of nutter enablers and encouragers from the North and the West have already embraced the conspiracy theorists, who are really just having a sook because they no longer win their comp every year and are doing so under the banner of their love for equality ...

And you're calling the Port guy a conspiracy nutter 🤣

And you're calling the Port guy a conspiracy nutter 🤣
This whole thread is about it being Vic vs Non-Vic. Somehow an advantage to Hawthorn that disadvantages WB isn't a disadvantage to WB as it's all square on the Team Victoria ledger I didn't shape it that way. I think it's a ridiculous way to view an 18 team comp who are competing against each other. But those who have shaped it that way can't just view Vic as being one team - the corollary is that Non-Vic is also one team. Without realising it, those who've swallowed the Vic vs Non Vic rubbish have shaped themselves and positioned themselves into an imaginary merger with nutters.

I like that it's a national comp with teams from all over the country. I've never said piss off back to your own state. But frankly, what are people doing following it and getting emotionally invested if they think it's basically theatre wrestling with contrived results and outcomes. Maybe it's time for them to have a break for their own good and sanity. THey're either ridiculously wrong - or their ridiculous for giving a shit about the results of staged theatre. The given is that they're ridiculous.

Last edited:
Pretty lame move to undermine any of this as a “conspiracy theory”. The bloody Raygun defense. Pointing out a consistent pattern of favouritism is not donning a tin foil hat.
Correct. It's astonishing the number of people in this thread that
1. don't understand the meaning of the word bias
2. ignore the many other sources of bias that gave nothing to do with conspiracy and evil people deliberately orchestrating an outcome (so leading to the accusation that anyone that believes the system is biased towards Vic teams wears a tin foil hat)
3. Incorrectly point to outcomes that are at variance with the prevailing bias as proof there is no bias. So if a coin is biased and consistently gives 60 heads for every 100 tosses, the fact that it often still produces a tail on any individual toss proves, in their mind, there's no bias

Correct. It's astonishing the number of people in this thread that
1. don't understand the meaning of the word bias
2. ignore the many other sources of bias that gave nothing to do with conspiracy and evil people deliberately orchestrating an outcome (so leading to the accusation that anyone that believes the system is biased towards Vic teams wears a tin foil hat)
3. Incorrectly point to outcomes that are at variance with the prevailing bias as proof there is no bias. So if a coin is biased and consistently gives 60 heads for every 100 tosses, the fact that it often still produces a tail on any individual toss proves, in their mind, there's no bias
4. You're missing the point.

The poster you're agreeing with believes that the umpires cheat to produce contrived results. It is definitively a conspiracy theory that they're pushing. There is no grey. It being a conspiracy theory is as black and white as the jumper they want to wear.

Other points regarding advantages of MCG Grand Final, recruiting, travel etc aren't conspiracy theories - they're theories regarding advantages and disadvantages.

In terms of your coin toss analogy. The main data used to support the theory of overall vicbias is recent premierships; home and away data points don't corrolate with the theories; however tossing a coin 15 times and getting 13 heads is not proof of a biased coin - it happens with unbiased coins. However, in footy the coin is biased, as not all 18 teams are equal. Some are more likely to win than others. The coins that have been most strongly biased for periods recently have been Richmond, Geelong before them, Hawthorn before that, before that it was Brisbane, previously WCE. Last year Collingwood and Brisbane were the two most biased coins and no doubt the MCG GF helped Collingwood on Grand Final day. This year the most biased coins are in the North - one of them just had a gutting exit, which came down to them.

Rather than creating a false vic vs non-vic comp, look at the particular coins and work out how they became biased and more likely to win. Geelong didn't become a biased coin and win 3 in 5 years because Collingwood poached Treloar, Adams and WHE from GWS. That Cats team was from the draft - not poaching. THey didn't win them because Collingwood play 14 games at the MCG. Hawthorn didn't win them because Collingwood only travelled 5 times in those years. Richmond didn't become a biased coin because the press favours Collingwood and Carlton stories - the tigers had been a laughing stock, the butt of jokes for decades before that run of glory - both in and out of the media.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back