Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

People who argue here: “dude you joined a vic league of course it’s gonna be vic biased”

Others who argue here: “it’s not vic biased that’s a conspiracy theory”
Yeah bit more nuanced than that.

Yes it is an expanded VFL, but the way you guys portray it is like it's a deliberate hate on non vics.

It isn't, the bias is market driven.

This is not a conspiracy that you all think it is.

Now lets look at Adelaide and its crowd influencing umpire free kick counts against ONLY Vic teams home and away..

Home 4W 3L
Away 1W 4L

They get a 1 game advantage at AO to Vic clubs and 3 game disadvantage away to Vic clubs.
What do totals say? At least provide the differential....a +1 free kick count is different to a +12!

Adelaide home games v Vic teams

Rd 2 v Cats - 18 v 9 = +9 Crows
Rd 4 v Dees - 21 v 9 = +12 Crows
Rd 6 v Dons - 18 v 22 = -4 Crows
Rd 13 v Tigers - 27 v 17 = +10 Crows
Rd 18 v StK - 23 v 29 = -6 Crows
Rd 20 v Hawks - 25 v 18 = +7 Crows
Rd 22 v Dogs - 11 v 19 = -8 Crows

Overall +20 to Crows

Adelaide away games v Vic teams in Vic

Rd 5 v Carl - 21v21 = 0 Crows
Rd 10 v Coll - 11 v 8 = +3 Crows
Rd 12 v Hawks - 21 v 29 = -8 Crows
Rd 19 v Dons - 15 v 20 = -5 Crows
Rd 21 v Cats - 16 v 19 = -3 Crows

Overall - 13 to Crows

Apart from the standard "home cooking" where is the bias in favour of Vics?

Eh, I believe him. He’s right, really. The “rivalries” over there are more like sibling rivalries that are set aside should an outsider go after the family. Why else would you weird campaigners be booing JHF for a year? Because he insulted Victorian football by leaving North.

That’s like us (port fans) booing Jake Lever for what he did to the crows. That would make no sense whatsoever. But when these things happen in Victoria it seems to be a different calculus.
You'll find that maybe north fans booed jhf, not all and sundry vics, personally I didn't give a shit that he left north.

It was definitely all and sundry vics, and eventually got some Adam Goodes momentum and everyone was doing it.

Which bias is that CB?
See this is why no-one except your Mates in here take you serious, if you want a proper discussion then stop talking crap.

Adelaide booed him, West Coast booed him, and I think Brisbane booed him, he is hated by most of Australia.

Stop making crap up.

Just admit it, you just hate the Vics, most of the crap you come up with is just in your head.

See this is why no-one except your Mates in here take you serious, if you want a proper discussion then stop talking crap.

Adelaide booed him, West Coast booed him, and I think Brisbane booed him, he is hated by most of Australia.

Stop making crap up.

Just admit it, you just hate the Vics, most of the crap you come up with is just in your head.
It's not crap. It's true. A bloke left a club and Vics came out in solidary with North Melbourne - a club that 9/10 footy fans should hate.
When it started up even Ken Hinkley who has vic origins noted it was a vic thing:
1726551589007.png
He only started getting booed by fans of other interstate clubs after this reached fever pitch.

It was definitely all and sundry vics, and eventually got some Adam Goodes momentum and everyone was doing it.
Well I didn't and don't know any other vic fans that did, so you're wrong.
Which bias is that CB?
The mcg bias that my club and the other big vic clubs get, the gf at the g every year.

The media coverage that my club and other big vic clubs get. The more game exposure we and other big vic clubs get.

All of the above IS market driven, and is the reason we don't play at Kardinia Park or Tas, because we the highest profile club in the country.

All of this has been explained eleventy billion times.

It is NOT a deliberate hate on non vics just coz non vics, as much as you and others seem so vehement that it is.

It's massive chip on the shoulder stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interstate team will win it this year. The port/Geelong game last week was an anomaly. Geelong are not that good and port are not that bad. think Port or Sydney will win the flag this year.

Stop making crap up.

I didn't and I don't know any other vic fans that did (or wa fans, I live in Perth), unless your or ElectricG have evidence?

Well I didn't and don't know any other vic fans that did, so you're wrong.

The mcg bias that my club and the other big vic clubs get, the gf at the g every year.

The media coverage that my club and other big vic clubs get. The more game exposure we and other big vic clubs get.

All of the above IS market driven, and is the reason we don't play at Kardinia Park or Tas, because we the highest profile club in the country.

All of this has been explained eleventy billion times.

It is NOT a deliberate hate on non vics just coz non vics, as much as you and others seem so vehement that it is.

It's massive chip on the shoulder stuff.
Okay cool. So, everything we complain about is true but it's just happening for a reason other than what we say. Vicbias deunked! Will you also concede that this phenomenon is present in other facets of the AFL including tribunal outcomes, club fines, and umpiring?

It's not crap. It's true. A bloke left a club and Vics came out in solidary with North Melbourne - a club that 9/10 footy fans should hate.
When it started up even Ken Hinkley who has vic origins noted it was a vic thing:
View attachment 2113318
He only started getting booed by fans of other interstate clubs after this reached fever pitch.
This does not prove that all vic fans booed jhf, you've been sucked into click bait media

Not sure if Collingwood can attach themselves to us for this argument.
No shit.

Which is why the VICBias sook is ridiculous.

The moronic VICBias sook groups Collingwood, Geelong and North as all being the same (Vic).

The reality is the VIC clubs are not the same.

North travel more than Port.
Geelong are the only Vic club with a unique home ground.
Ess/Carl dont really have a home at all
Hawks got no FTA coverage this year

Etc

But let the lazy VICBias sook that aligns North, Geelong and Collingwood continue.

View attachment 2113318
Oh did Hinkley say that did he?

My F&^%$* god and you think it's true because he said that.

Every other state booed him as well, this is in his 1st year for Port, you are making out it took ages, they booed him the 1st time they played against him.
You can't make this crap up.

Seriously, for a club that thinks they are top of the tree in SA, you are the most fragile of all the clubs to join the V/AFL

"we want to wear the stripes"
"Gold Coast, you wear that jumper,we will cry"

Okay cool. So, everything we complain about is true but it's just happening for a reason other than what we say. Vicbias deunked! Will you also concede that this phenomenon is present in other facets of the AFL including tribunal outcomes, club fines, and umpiring?
That's possible, but I don't have any proof.

Tbh I think it's a stretch to suggest mro (who is west australian btw) or tribunal outcomes are deliberately set up to favour vics as a conspiracy to disadvantage non vics.

I am surprised that anyone could think the bias is a set up for the purpose of disadvantaging non vics.

Is this what you really think? I wouldn't have thought you'd be this naive.

This does not prove that all vic fans booed jhf, you've been sucked into click bait media
Why does every defense of vicbias have this flavour of gaslighting? What do you want me to do here to verify something that was observed by everyone else's eyes and ears? Travel back in time and use a decibel meter and record what happened every time JHF got a possession? Take surveys of Pies fans of whether they booed and why?

They were booing. You know they booed.

Would a crows fan boo a player that screwed over port? Nope. Never. They would have hero status among that group.

Why were collingwood fans booing jhf for screwing over north? You know the answer. You're just trying to sidestep the question by asking me to prove whether it really happened.

What do totals say? At least provide the differential....a +1 free kick count is different to a +12!

Adelaide home games v Vic teams

Rd 2 v Cats - 18 v 9 = +9 Crows
Rd 4 v Dees - 21 v 9 = +12 Crows
Rd 6 v Dons - 18 v 22 = -4 Crows
Rd 13 v Tigers - 27 v 17 = +10 Crows
Rd 18 v StK - 23 v 29 = -6 Crows
Rd 20 v Hawks - 25 v 18 = +7 Crows
Rd 22 v Dogs - 11 v 19 = -8 Crows

Overall +20 to Crows

Adelaide away games v Vic teams in Vic

Rd 5 v Carl - 21v21 = 0 Crows
Rd 10 v Coll - 11 v 8 = +3 Crows
Rd 12 v Hawks - 21 v 29 = -8 Crows
Rd 19 v Dons - 15 v 20 = -5 Crows
Rd 21 v Cats - 16 v 19 = -3 Crows

Overall - 13 to Crows

Apart from the standard "home cooking" where is the bias in favour of Vics?
Lol, now youre really clutching.

Ok, lets look at some other totals

ADEL, FREO, GWS, PORT WC
Home free kick count wins 14
Away free kick count wins 11

VIC CLUBS
Home free kick count wins 19
Away free kick count wins 20

You win not only more in hostile territory than at home, but more at our home grounds than we do.

The fact is, your mate said crowds influence umpiring decisions but its clear that at home we get little more than break even results in the count whereas you get a clear advantage home and away..

Why does every defense of vicbias have this flavour of gaslighting? What do you want me to do here to verify something that was observed by everyone else's eyes and ears? Travel back in time and use a decibel meter and record what happened every time JHF got a possession? Take surveys of Pies fans of whether they booed and why?

They were booing. You know they booed.

Would a crows fan boo a player that screwed over port? Nope. Never. They would have hero status among that group.

Why were collingwood fans booing jhf for screwing over north? You know the answer. You're just trying to sidestep the question by asking me to prove whether it really happened.
Yeah I know they booed and so did the whole of the country, nearly every club in the country booed him, it was weird.

But you are trying to say just Vic clubs booed him, this is just more proof of your hatred and why no-one really takes what you say seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back