Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's the impression you give.

How about you tell us what you really think is the reasoning for the bias?

If you don't think it is a conspiracy then tell us what you think it is?

Because your recent posts does give the impression that you do think vics do hate on non vics.

My replies to you EG are not a criticism, they're an observation.

So yeah explain yourself

Well you're wrong, we're passionate about our clubs, not coz it's vic.
I told you what it is. The nature of vic rivalries. As for the why, I don’t think that particularly matters. Sentimentality? Nostalgia? Some sort of misfiring yearning for VFL glory days that leads to a begrudging respect of their rivals? I don’t know why vic fans are like this, but until I actually claim it’s a conspiracy, you have no reason to be saying that.

The most mind-blowing for me was when I said that if Hawthorn/Norf are to host games in Tassie, then every club should have to play them there, not just a select group of non-Vic clubs (including the two that already travel the most) and I saw that perfectly reasonable suggestion shouted down by our magpie friends.

I think you're mind-blown because you haven't thought it through.

How are Non-Vic teams disadvantaged by playing Hawthorn or North in Tassie rather than Melbourne. I don't get what you think is a disadvantage to Non-Vic clubs here. The bias is a big vic club vs small vic club thing. It's that St Kilda travel to play these teams in Tassie, but Collingwood don't. In that situation St Kilda are disadvantaged by Haw or North having a secondary home ground - Non-Vic clubs aren't.

Would Collingwood be disadvantaged if you set up a secondary home ground in Albany and we played you there rather than Optus Stadium? Why would we be? And would you carry on that Freo are advantaged because they play you at Optus rather than Albany? I would have thought that it'd actually be a good thing to play you at a ground that you play less often and where less of your fans will be there.

I also don't get why this supposed advantage applies to Vic teams, but doesn't seem to apply to Sydney who won't ever play GWS in Canberra, or Brissy regarding Darwin.

Last edited:

Stop this bullshit. You know damn well that's not my argument at all.
Your argument is flawed.

It is VICBias because WC play an away game in Tassie v North, where North has also travelled to play.

Whilst Collingwood play North at Marvel, their actual home ground, where North dont travel.

Poor WC.

I told you what it is. The nature of vic rivalries. As for the why, I don’t think that particularly matters. Sentimentality? Nostalgia? Some sort of misfiring yearning for VFL glory days that leads to a begrudging respect of their rivals? I don’t know why vic fans are like this, but until I actually claim it’s a conspiracy, you have no reason to be saying that.
The nature of vic rivalries? Are you suggesting that our vic rivalries, that have been ongoing for a century or more are some sort of superiority complex?

Yearning for the glory of the old vfl? Of course we do (speaking for myself), we didn't want the vlf to expand in the first place, but it did and we know the reasons why, they have been explained eleventy billion times and here we are. Would rather the wafl or the sanfl expanded instead. But it was the vlf coz it was and still is the biggest market.

Not ideal but I accept it, if the reasons above you've outlined are the reasons you can't accept what is, then no one can help you. :shrug:

My argument that if a team plays their home games at a certain home ground, then everyone should have to play them there is flawed? OK then :drunk:

Just say you don't believe that Collingwood should have to travel to Tassie, but that other teams do, and be done with it.

And I'm not sure why you'd think I'd be opposed to Sydney playing GWS in Canberra. My whole argument is that if one has to, everyone should have to. I focus on Tassie because that trip is forcing the two teams that already travel the most, to travel even more. One of you Collingwood supporters has claimed that the travel burden is only relevant for WA clubs. Here's an easy way to rectify that a bit. But no. The issue can be acknowledged, but never rectified in a way that in any way that affects Collingwood.

Ideally Norf and Hawthorn should play all their home games in Melbourne. But they don't.

It happened the 1st time he played against every club.

Maybe what you mean is he played against a Vic club 1st, do you think North rang all the clubs and told them to boo him?

All clubs took a hate on him, it wasn't Vicbias.

If you want people to take you seriously, stop making crap up, 1st it was only Vic clubs, so I pointed out no, it wasn't just Vic clubs, now you have changed to yeah, but it started in Vic, well duh, maybe a Vic club played Port 1st.
Is the latest example of "VICBias" fans booing JHF? 🤣🤣

Collingwood fans are not biased in our booing, we boo ALL teams!

The nature of vic rivalries? Are you suggesting that our vic rivalries, that have been ongoing for a century or more are some sort of superiority complex?

Yearning for the glory of the old vfl? Of course we do (speaking for myself), we didn't want the vlf to expand in the first place, but it did and we know the reasons why, they have been explained eleventy billion times and here we are. Would rather the wafl or the sanfl expanded instead. But it was the vlf coz it was and still is the biggest market.

Not ideal but I accept it, if the reasons above you've outlined are the reasons you can't accept what is, then no one can help you. :shrug:
You keep doing this thing where you eventually agree with me but keep acting like you were right all along

You keep doing this thing where you eventually agree with me but keep acting like you were right all along
Huh?

Eventually agree? I've been consistent for years that the comp is not equitable in these threads.

It's not about being 'right', just an explanation of what the landscape is, which as I said has been stated infinitum.

You don't like the landscape, ok, what do you want us vic fans to do about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh you yearn for people to agree with you do you?
Ok then, let's all hold hands and i'll tell you a story.

There was this footy league in OZ, it was hated all over the country by the other state leagues, why?
well it was always the biggest league in the land and they were always jealous.

This league nearly went broke, and other state leagues were in the same boat, so this league that everyone hated asked if these other leagues would like to join.

They sucked other clubs into joining, all they wanted was their money, now they have joined, they don't really care about them, they actually hate them, especially Port, because they offer nothing, never have never will, so they make sure Port get nothing, they tell the Umps, if Port look like winning, do your best to make them lose.

The Port supporters are starting to catch on now, but for some unknown reason, they stick around.

I was calling you a conspiracy theorist because that's the impression you give. Called it as I saw it.

That's not me being an anus.
Being an anus is the impression you give.

What conspiracy theory am I putting forward?

The AFL privileging of vic clubs, which you agree is taking place, but for a different reason?

The Vic fans having a love of Victorian football first and a commitment to rivalries second that you agree is taking place?

You agreed that these things are happening but are still going with me being a conspiracy theorist.

Being an anus is the impression you give.

What conspiracy theory am I putting forward?

The AFL privileging of vic clubs, which you agree is taking place, but for a different reason?

The Vic fans having a love of Victorian football first and a commitment to rivalries second that you agree is taking place?

You agreed that these things are happening but are still going with me being a conspiracy theorist.
These for a start

And what we love victorian footy because we're victorian, because the clubs we follow are vic clubs? Yep that's a phuqin crime eh? :rolleyes: How dare we?!

Even if I were to grant you that they are booing for another reason (which I won't), the fact that him doing a bad thing to a supposed "rival" club didn't result in him being viewed favourably is strong evidence that many victorian footy fans (even if it's not all) barrack generally for victorian footy, and that rivalries between vic clubs are underpinned by some sort of baseline solidarity (?) and therefore nothing like a port/crows type rivalry.

It was definitely all and sundry vics

so you agree that the AFL is a boy’s club. Good old mates at the top from all the right vic independent schools handing out jobs for the boys and pulling strings to get the outcome they want. BUT lucky for us they just happen to be walking paragons of fairness when it comes to the way clubs are treated. Sure mate.

So you expect that posters don't look at these as a conspiracy theory
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

These for a start

And what we love victorian footy because we're victorian, because the clubs we follow are vic clubs? Yep that's a phuqin crime eh? :rolleyes: How dare we?!

Even if I were to grant you that they are booing for another reason (which I won't), the fact that him doing a bad thing to a supposed "rival" club didn't result in him being viewed favourably is strong evidence that many victorian footy fans (even if it's not all) barrack generally for victorian footy, and that rivalries between vic clubs are underpinned by some sort of baseline solidarity (?) and therefore nothing like a port/crows type rivalry.

It was definitely all and sundry vics

so you agree that the AFL is a boy’s club. Good old mates at the top from all the right vic independent schools handing out jobs for the boys and pulling strings to get the outcome they want. BUT lucky for us they just happen to be walking paragons of fairness when it comes to the way clubs are treated. Sure mate.

So you expect that posters don't look at these as a conspiracy theory
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF
You agreed those things happen despite calling them conspiracy theories.

My argument that if a team plays their home games at a certain home ground, then everyone should have to play them there is flawed? OK then :drunk:

And I'm not sure why you'd think I'd be opposed to Sydney playing GWS in Canberra. My whole argument is that if one has to, everyone should have to.
It is a bit unfair that teams like GWS, GC, Coll, Geel, NM, Haw, Melb, WB, Rich dont get to play all of their home games at a single home ground.

WC, Freo, Syd, and Port should also be forced to play home games at neutral alternate grounds, as everyone should have to.

I focus on Tassie because that trip is forcing the two teams that already travel the most, to travel even more. One of you Collingwood supporters has claimed that the travel burden is only relevant for WA clubs. Here's an easy way to rectify that a bit. But no. The issue can be acknowledged, but never rectified in a way that in any way that affects Collingwood.
You do realise that WC travelling to play North in Melbourne at Marvel, is hardly any different to WC travelling to play North in Hobart at Blundstone.

Both get a direct flight of circa 4 hrs, the large impost.

But once arrived, airport to hotel / ground would be quicker in Hobart than Melbourne.

Why do you keep pretending it is some huge additional travel impost for WC going to Hobart compared to Melbourne?

Ideally Norf and Hawthorn should play all their home games in Melbourne. But they don't.
It is VICBias (prejudice against them) that those two VIC teams have to travel for some of their home games.

So Collingwood shouldn't have to travel to Tassie?
Whether Collingwood plays North at Marvel or Hobart has no impact on WCs travel.

If WC are fixtured to play an away game v North, they travel basically the same whether it is in Hobart or Marvel.

The team dudded with extra travel are North themselves, who travel for a home games, and a small Melbourne team like the Dees or StK who would normally have no travel for an away game against North at Marvel, but end up in Tassie.

As usual, it is the small Melbourne teams who are dudded....but a WC fan thinks it helps strenghten their "VICBias" argument.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back