Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 3 games?

Collingwood requested to swap venues of our two "home" games. Would still have 1 "home" Marvel game, and 1 "home" MCG game.

Something that Port and WC fans dont understand, as they actually have all their "home" games at their chosen "home" ground.

Why on earth the WA nuffy thought worthy of bumping the thread have absolutely no idea.

But yes, it is ridiculous that Victorian clubs dont get to play their home games at their home ground like the SA and WA teams do.
Tell us about all the games you play at skilled?

Tell us how many finals you’ve been the lower ranked opponent yet played an “away game” at the mcg.

You are utterly kissed on the **** by a fairy and yet you have the hide to make out like you are hard done by.

If you were offered to never have to play a home game anywhere but the mcg but in return you always had to play marvel tenants, and geelong at their venues when it was their home game would you take that deal?

We all know the answer to that.

Whose paying $60 for GA tickets? That seems like a rip off.

You need to come to Perth then. There is basically no GA at Optus at eagles games. all seats are pretty much member allocated.
It is almost twice as expensive to watch footy in Perth than in Victoria. Our memberships are over twice as expensive also. Hence why we have millions in the bank.

I am not unhappy with it, i am just pointing out that when they say we have to do things this way because of money then they become a laughing stock.
If it is simply about money then let everyone know. And then let it be about money.

Never knew how much ticket prices were at Optus Stadium. That's a shocker.

Is it partly that high due to cover the construction costs of building it or have ticket prices always been expensive in WA ie Subiaco and The WACA ?

I know under that fraud Tony Sage, ticket prices to Perth Glory home games have been by far the highest in the A League.

Not sure about tix for Wildcats games but I am sure they ain't cheap either.

Never knew how much ticket prices were at Optus Stadium. That's a shocker.

Is it partly that high due to cover the construction costs of building it or have ticket prices always been expensive in WA ie Subiaco and The WACA ?

I know under that fraud Tony Sage, ticket prices to Perth Glory home games have been by far the highest in the A League.

Not sure about tix for Wildcats games but I am sure they ain't cheap either.

I think there is some at like $27 dollars but it is really bad seating and very few of them. Might of been more this year as the Eagles were crap and many seats were available. However unless the member put them up for resale they would not be available. When the Eagles are up and about then GA is pretty much hard to get.
Footy has always been expensive at the Eagles since they became a power in the early 90's.

If you were offered to never have to play a home game anywhere but the mcg but in return you always had to play marvel tenants, and geelong at their venues when it was their home game would you take that deal?

We all know the answer to that.
What kind of question is this? Absolutely Collingwood would take that deal.

Here is Collingwood’s match record against interstate sides, since 2000 (when Marvel opened and we moved away from Vic Park).

MCG: 65 matches for a 65.4% winning record
Marvel: 36 matches for a 52.8% record
Interstate: 106 matches for a 53.8% record

That’s right, we are better off playing AWAY, in a hostile enemy state, than at Marvel.

Only 31% of matches against non-Victorian clubs have been at our actual home ground.

So yes I would happily play at Geelong every second year if it meant balancing out that shitshow.

What kind of question is this? Absolutely Collingwood would take that deal.

Here is Collingwood’s match record against interstate sides, since 2000 (when Marvel opened and we moved away from Vic Park).

MCG: 65 matches for a 65.4% winning record
Marvel: 36 matches for a 52.8% record
Interstate: 106 matches for a 53.8% record

That’s right, we are better off playing AWAY, in a hostile enemy state, than at Marvel.

Only 31% of matches against non-Victorian clubs have been at our actual home ground.

So yes I would happily play at Geelong every second year if it meant balancing out that shitshow.
And losing finals against higher ranked etihad teams and gf going to the higher ranked state stadium.

Not just geelong?

And losing finals against higher ranked etihad teams and gf going to the higher ranked state stadium.

Not just geelong?
Sure, if you can fix all the glaring issues with home and away so the final ladder is actually fair. Everyone plays each other either once or twice, no games at alternate venues without compensation, none of this crap where teams play 10+ straight games against a particular interstate opponent at one venue.

But we all know that’s not going to happen.

Off the top of my head, Collingwood has played two “away” finals against Docklands tenants ever, and got pantsed in both.

Sure, if you can fix all the glaring issues with home and away so the final ladder is actually fair. Everyone plays each other either once or twice, no games at alternate venues without compensation, none of this crap where teams play 10+ straight games against a particular interstate opponent at one venue.

Off the top of my head, Collingwood has played two “away” finals against Docklands tenants ever, and got pantsed in both.
St kilda gf 2 weeks in a row bud.

How many finals you played against geelong at mcg?

The fact that it won't happen is one thing, but it is just unbelievable that Victorians don't want it to be fair. You all seem in favour of it having a league with no integrity. That I don't get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should prob get rid of underperforming permadrip clubs that have had 150 years to get their s**t together hey?

It’s all about money right?
That loses the AFL 22 games a year which means loss revenue but hey we can't all pilfer money from our supporter base.

2007 gf collingwood 6 host cats 1
2008 sf collingwood 8 host saints 4
2009 fqf collingwood 4 host saints 1
2009 gf collingwood 4 host cats 2
2018 grand final collingwood 3 host eagles 2
2019 finals week one collingwood 4th host geelong 1st

You mob are literally sooking about playing a few km down the road in h and a once or twice a season and in return you never play geelong at kp and get that lot above handed to you on a silver platter.

F

R

O

This might be news to you, but we finished on top in 2010. And were the home team for both grand finals bud.

And as I said, fix the H&A before talking about Geelong - they benefit more than anyone else.
Interesting that you can acknowledge that you earnt home position when it suits.

Reckon you would have been filthy if you had to play saints at etihad when you finished top!!

That loses the AFL 22 games a year which means loss revenue but hey we can't all pilfer money from our supporter base.
Yeah the 25 saints supporters tuning in would be a death knell to foxtel.

Instead they could have a couple of hundred thousand taswegians (400000 if you count heads) tuning in

2007 gf collingwood 6 host cats 1
2008 sf collingwood 8 host saints 4
2009 fqf collingwood 4 host saints 1
2009 gf collingwood 4 host cats 2
2018 grand final collingwood 3 host eagles 2
2019 finals week one collingwood 4th host geelong 1st

You mob are literally sooking about playing a few km down the road in h and a once or twice a season and in return you never play geelong at kp and get that lost above handed to you on a silver platter.

F

R

O
What on earth are you on about?

You were literally sooking that we don’t play finals at Docklands. Then one minute later you address us playing H&A games there as “no big deal it’s only down the road” :$

Pick a lane and stick to it, your contradictions are embarrassing.

As I already said, your entire premise is based on H&A positioning, which is already flawed. For instance, we “hosted” Bulldogs at Etihad in 2008 and lost by 10 points. Play it at the G, we maybe win and finish 4th, above StK.

This thread is “genuine discussion”, but keep yelling at that cloud if it pleases you.

The fact that it won't happen is one thing, but it is just unbelievable that Victorians don't want it to be fair. You all seem in favour of it having a league with no integrity. That I don't get.
I think you might have that wrong, most of what I read in here is just sooking from non-Vics and is called out that way.

The league will never be fair, most acknowledge that.

But any advantages non-Vis have don't ever seem to be acknowledged, in fact for a lot of supporters they think they have none at all.

I think you might have that wrong, most of what I read in here is just sooking from non-Vics and is called out that way.

But any advantages non-Vis have don't ever seem to be acknowledged, in fact for a lot of supporters they think they have none at all.

Those advantages are so great non-Victorian teams almost never win the flag. I love feeling all those advantages.

Those advantages are so great non-Victorian teams almost never win the flag. I love feeling all those advantages.
Overall it's seems fairly even, Vics are getting a run on at the moment and if that trend keeps going, then that is a worry.

But overall there are a few clubs from both Vic and non-Vic that could cry poor, and Sydney is certainly not 1 of them.

What on earth are you on about?

You were literally sooking that we don’t play finals at Docklands. Then one minute later you address us playing H&A games there as “no big deal it’s only down the road” :$

Pick a lane and stick to it, your contradictions are embarrassing.

As I already said, your entire premise is based on H&A positioning, which is already flawed. For instance, we “hosted” Bulldogs at Etihad in 2008 and lost by 10 points. Play it at the G, we maybe win and finish 4th, above StK.

This thread is “genuine discussion”, but keep yelling at that cloud if it pleases you.

I’m comparing h and a to finals son.

You play a h and a game or two at docklands per year then come the pointy end you play geelong plus all the marvel tenants at the g - you never have to play geelong at kp.

Id have the eagles play a home game at the waca once a year for that deal

Sheeeyit id have the eagles play a home game at etihad once a year for that deal.

Come to think of it - id forfeit a game a year for that deal. Nice rest for the players, three weeks in a row with no flying, where do we sign?

I think there is advantages both ways, some bigger than others but not even a staunch Victorian could argue the comp is not setup based around the old VFL. That was a hell of a long time ago now and like I said I just don't get that any footballer supporter would not want a fair comp.
Right now that fair comp is a 17 round season playing each other once. The fixture alternates the following year. That is a as fair as a comp can be with 18 teams.
Now if you argue that would bring in less money then you are arguing the game is about money and therefor again I ask lets make it about money.

That you say the league will never be fair and we must acknowledge it is just ridiculous. I can tell you right now that if Victorians called out the AFL for not being fair then it would be addressed, but as they benefit the most they don't say anything and end up making comments like you just did that it will never be fair so why try and make it fair.

I think there is advantages both ways, some bigger than others but not even a staunch Victorian could argue the comp is not setup based around the old VFL. That was a hell of a long time ago now and like I said I just don't get that any footballer supporter would not want a fair comp.
Right now that fair comp is a 17 round season playing each other once. The fixture alternates the following year. That is a as fair as a comp can be with 18 teams.
Now if you argue that would bring in less money then you are arguing the game is about money and therefor again I ask lets make it about money.

That you say the league will never be fair and we must acknowledge it is just ridiculous. I can tell you right now that if Victorians called out the AFL for not being fair then it would be addressed, but as they benefit the most they don't say anything and end up making comments like you just did that it will never be fair so why try and make it fair.
See there you go saying we benefit the most.

Bullshit.

The MCG agreement is wrong, but what many, many of you lot won't acknowledge is that you have an advantage over Vics to get to the big dance in the 1st place.
I seriously think you lot won't be happy until the Vics just stop playing, myself, I hope one day they just pull the pin and go back to state leagues.
Even then I doubt you will stop sooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back