Vote : Best Trade So Far !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mero said:
That might be what Sheedy thinks, but the AFL Laws don't allow for it.
Essendon have to use 39 on Neagle, or don't draft him as Father-Son.
They can't use 51 as the Father-Son pick.
I spoke to the AFL about it, and the guy there read it out of the AFL Laws.

That may be the way the AFL read the rule but the wording is open for interperatation, no court would inforce that based on the wording of the law.

hulld said:
Kevin sheedy is a genius.

Cole for pick 23
Richards for pick 19.

Cole is much more valuable then Ted

And Essendon got Sydney's 3rd round draft pick.
This means that they can use that pick on Father and Son Jay Neagle.
That is a 12 pick increase. There can be alot of good players within 12 picks.

Yes Genius: Cupido, Murphy, Allan, Alvey, Zantuck. I don't know what Essendon gave up for that lot, but anyone who gets that group of players to a club is certainly not a genius.

Bloods said:
Yes Genius: Cupido, Murphy, Allan, Alvey, Zantuck. I don't know what Essendon gave up for that lot, but anyone who gets that group of players to a club is certainly not a genius.

Allan did a job for a year, as did Murphy. Cupido was part of a three way trade - Headland to Freo, Caracella to Brisbane, Cupido and Mcphee to Essendon... not hard to see who won out of that one :D Zantuck was a late draft pick...

lol... We effectively gave up zero for those group of players.

Cupido was excellent in his first season with the dons, ditto Murphy and Allan, Alvey hasn't been given much of a go, and Zantuck has been injured.

I'm quite happy giving away late draft picks or mediocre players for a group such as that. STG knows what's doing.

Cupido
was a bonus in the McPhee trade, and kicked 39 goals in his first year with the club. Worth it for McPhee, and if Cupes pulls his finger out, could be very good.

Murphy
was our best finals player in 2004, and cost us Cory McGrath, who will never play in a premiership team. Worth it for the one good season.

Allan
Was very helpful for the development and protection of David Hille, and cost us Pick 59 (Jordan Bannister) who will never play in a premiership team. Worth it for his training our young ruckmen.

Alvey
was a bonus in the trade that got us Kepler Bradley for Danny Jacobs, who is a drunk. Done nothing, but cost nothing, so shrug.

Zantuck
was a PSD pick, and thus we lost nothing for him, except the opportunity to pick up Justin Blumfield, who went to Bendigo anyway. Jury still out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vote : Best Trade So Far !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back