MVP Votes V Port

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP
5 - Dangerfield
4 - Walker
3 - Sloane - So happy when the ball is in his hands. Great decision maker.
2 - Petrenko - Stitch up Hartlett or what
1 - Johncock - Huge physical presence.

BTM
3 - Petrenko
2 - Wright - What a ripper, should play every week never lets you down.
1 - Jacobs - He was everywhere!

ROTY
3 - Lyons
2 - Talia
1 -

I'll take a slice of that, thanks!

Originally Posted by Paladin
MVP
5 - Dangerfield
4 - Walker
3 - Sloane - So happy when the ball is in his hands. Great decision maker.
2 - Petrenko - Stitch up Hartlett or what
1 - Johncock - Huge physical presence.

BTM
3 - Petrenko
2 - Wright - What a ripper, should play every week never lets you down.
1 - Jacobs - He was everywhere!

ROTY
3 - Lyons
2 - Talia
1 -

I'll take a slice of that, thanks!

I'll go with this too.

POTY

5. Dangerfield - outstanding game, which was Ablett-esque in its impact on the game. His performance today was a mixture of desperation strength and speed and a big step in his inevitable progress to the status of an elite player. Please sign him up for 5 years ASAP!!

4. Thompson - a terrific support act to Danger with his own normal high level of courage, desperation and hard ball-getting. One of the 2 best trades in recent years by the club.

3. Jacobs - dominated the rucks, giving our mid-fielders pK look at the ball most times, and performed well around the ground as well. Such a key player for our team and we managed to get him as a trade for next door to fk-all. :thumbsu:

2. Sloane - little in stature, huge in courage and effort. He just wins balls that he shouldn't and never stops running or diving in and under - unless he's tackling the opposition. He's a beauty.

1. Walker - a real mixture of a game. 6 fantastic goals in 2 bursts and beaten by his opponent in between. But while those 6 goals were just a taste of what this young man can do, they were very important in the final result. One day he'll fire all day and kick ten plus. :thumbsu:

Unlucky - Vader's high in Reilly, who dominated as a loose man in defence and Vader's low in Petrenko who is really starting to look like a genuine damaging small forward at this level. Loved both their games today but you can't put them all in.

Best Team Man

3. Dangerfield - just can't go past Danger. He was everything today/tonight.

2. Sloane - see comments above. Represents everything the team man award is about.

1. Petrenko - does a power of hard work that has nothing to do with disposals. Chases, tackles, holds ball in area etc. Has really arrived as an AFL foot-baller

ROOKIE

2. Lyons - couldn't have brought him in for a tougher game, and he never embarrassed himself either. A handy debut without being anything special, but he will be a lot better for the run, whenever he has his next game.

1. Talia - only just gets one point for trying and courage. Between him and Rutten they leaked too many goals.

THE GAME ITSELF

Great game by both teams, although I think Port were a little flattered by the margin in the end as it was made up of 2 goals 7 points.

What I did like is that in the past we would have crumbled after handing up a 27 point lead in the 3rd quarter, but we didn't. Instead we fought back and took control of the game again.

The move of McKernan as the 2nd ruck was good too, so well done by the selectors. :thumbsu:

Plus one.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP Votes V Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back