Review vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats whats going to make Webb the more better player, Murphy has been under rated by most outside the club for years but he is one smart skillful player (person) If Fletcher and Harvey can go to their respective ages, i cant why see Bob cant either.
Must. Stop. Picturing. Bob. Holding. The. Cup.

I thought Grant played angry last week. Never seen him fired up like that. Really wanted to hurt the opposition.

Still think he gets too down on himself when he stuffs things up. Look at his celebration after kicking his goal. He still seemed angry with himself that he'd missed his last shot on goal.
I got the sense that was because i think he knew most were thinking ahh here we go he will miss it, so when he did he thought F##k

My only query on Hunter is his willingness to work hard defensively. At the moment everyone in the side is pulling their weight on this side of the game and the results have been showing.

I think he offers a lot offensively and more-so than a few players getting a game at the moment. If he can become manic on the defensive side he's best 22 for mine.

Loved when frawley said Dangerfield needs to stand on picken at the ball ups to stop him going third up and impacting the contest. Role reversal much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the sense that was because i think he knew most were thinking ahh here we go he will miss it, so when he did he thought F##k

There was that tackle the lead to the Liam Picken goal. Tackled a Crows a player, then lifted him and thumped him to the ground. Cause the ball to spill and Jack Macrae kicked it to a dangerous spot.

So guys are jumping off hrovat and hunter?? Sheesh. Tough crowd. Two 20 year olds with 20 games to their names that have both shown they can play excellent footy at afl level and that have both had interrupted preparations this year.
I wasn't jumping off Hrovat Fronky but was curious to what others thought of his game...For mine he slipped over to much, fumbled and was rushed in his disposal...Nothing to worry about but area's he needs to be exceptional at if he's going to be the player we hope he can.

I wasn't jumping off Hrovat Fronky but was curious to what others thought of his game...For mine he slipped over to much, fumbled and was rushed in his disposal...Nothing to worry about but area's he needs to be exceptional at if he's going to be the player we hope he can.
Agreed after watching the replay I wasn't overly impressed with his game. Turned it over way too much and just made silly mistakes which is unlike him. I'm a fan though and he will be better for the run.

I also think Cordy really started to improve his ruck work in the 3rd and he really was very good around the ground all game with his link up handballs, tackling and overall ground work. He's definitely a ruckman and not a forward but that means his ruck craft really needs a lot of work, he can get there though. Interested in how we go with the ruck next week, I'd love to back him in again and see if he gets some continuity if he can really start to step up. Would be absolutely huge if he could become a genuinely good, mobile ruckman. But our main intention seems to be winning the game and on a wet, smaller track vs the contested beast that is sydneys midfield I can definitely see why Minson or Campbell would be the better way to go.

There's been some real good, long summations here that have been spot on hence on a Tuesday post match I won't post too much.

However I will say this: START TURNING UP TO THE F***ING GAMES AND FOR THOSE THAT ARE START GETTING STUCK IN TO THOSE WHO AREN'T! (By stuck in I mean getting them to attend)

Seriously we have probably the most talented young list in the land and just belted a top 4 fancy by 10 goals.

Less than 20,000 turned up Sunday night. I know the timeslot is shit but geez everyone has got to deal with it.

We're going to be hard to beat at home hence start making more noise in numbers and make it a torrid time for all visiting teams.

Ps, I'm not angry, just pumped up.

There's been some real good, long summations here that have been spot on hence on a Tuesday post match I won't post too much.

However I will say this: START TURNING UP TO THE F***ING GAMES AND FOR THOSE THAT ARE START GETTING STUCK IN TO THOSE WHO AREN'T! (By stuck in I mean getting them to attend)

Seriously we have probably the most talented young list in the land and just belted a top 4 fancy by 10 goals.

Less than 20,000 turned up Sunday night. I know the timeslot is shit but geez everyone has got to deal with it.

We're going to be hard to beat at home hence start making more noise in numbers and make it a torrid time for all visiting teams.

Ps, I'm not angry, just pumped up.
I think the 20,000 is a result of not having flogged the ladder leader yet. People will start coming out of the woodwork

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so but geez is it asking too much to expect another 4-5 thousand for a young side that's exciting too watch?
No, provided they and their parents can get home by bedtime.
I repeat, how many would have come if the game had been scheduled Friday night? (with no school tomorrow)
A darn sight more than 20,000 I reckon.

There are times when reading some of the posts on BF really give me the sh1ts.
How often do we see players rated, or more often not rated, on nothing but stats in the firsts.

For one thing, stats, with zero contexts, are numbers and absolutely nothing more. They do not show... context,
opponents, situation of games [ winning or losing], roles or directions given to players by the coaches, or an absolute
plethora of other highly significant situational influences.
There may well be umpteen reasons why MC's choose to play guys in the seconds for a period, other than that they are
'not good enough'. Teaching, injury, team balance, fitness, etc., etc., etc. For just one example, Talia. Who still thinks he is...
"not up to it" ?

Posters who, [seems to me], frequently without actually going along to watch Footscray now, and Williamstown etc.
in the past, judge players on little or nothing other than televised WB matches, and a few stats. It frustrate the hell out of me.

Then there is the fact, that stats tell you something [ certainly not everything], about the past. Nothing about potential, or the future.

I have been watching this team and game, since before many on here were born, and I am still happy to admit I'm still learning every
time I go to watch a match, be it WB's, Footscray, or TAC etc. But I get so frustrated when posters write off kids long before they
have even approached their potential, on no better grounds than a few paltry stats. This, and the assumption that kids will not learn,
or improve. How many of us [ posters], did not make mistakes, or lack skills of one kind or another in our late teens ? Anyone who says,
'not me', is either a liar or a complete fool.

Not all the kids drafted will make the grade. But I would like to think, just because they make mistakes, or have skill weaknesses as
a 17-19 yo, that they are never going to be a decent league footballer, is while for some going to be true, in just as many or more cases,
just an absolute load of cod's wallop.

There are times when I see serious potential in kids, and for one reason or another it is never achieved. But I would much rather make
an error, by over estimating what a kid might do, than write one off prematurely.

yep, and it was the worst of all- the day after a national holiday where a lot of people would've been exhausted from the weekend. Latest slot, drizzly weather.

Don't get me wrong i was there and it was bloody amazing, but i was expecting that crowd

No, provided they and their parents can get home by bedtime.
I repeat, how many would have come if the game had been scheduled Friday night? (with no school tomorrow)
A darn sight more than 20,000 I reckon.
I'm not saying it's easy but the kids can still be home and in a bed at a reasonable hour, providing they reside in a 100km radius.

I want Friday night gigs more than anyone and next year we'll probably get at least 2. I'll be interested to see how many we get against the Saints.

I'm not saying it's easy but the kids can still be home and in a bed at a reasonable hour, providing they reside in a 100km radius.

I want Friday night gigs more than anyone and next year we'll probably get at least 2. I'll be interested to see how many we get against the Saints.

I travel by public transport and live out in Werribee. By the time a twilight game finishes and I get back, it's already too late to catch a bus home. Coupled with the fact that I have to head across the city to Swinburne first thing in the morning and twilight games are officially out of the question.

They won't be able to deny us Friday nights next year, particularly given 2015 has already served up ball-achingly dull cripple fights like Richmond-Melbourne and Carlton-West Coast.

The million dollar baby Boyd in action, Stringer kicking bags, Bob slicing open opposition presses with exquisitely placed kicks on his opposite foot, Macrae receiving the pill from Wally and hitting the forwards lace-out, the Honey badger mauling unsuspecting front-runners, the Bont... simply irresistible.

We'll just have to endure the next 18 weeks of the ball bouncing off L-Jizz's chest on the rare occasion that Carlton record an inside 50.

You got kids?

Sunday twilight games aren't optimal for families with young children.. The Sunday night routine of having young children <10 having plenty of sleep, being fed, bathed, books read to etc means that by the time you're getting home - often you could be starting that routine at 8:30-9pm which then in reality the kids dont get to bed until after 10pm on a Sunday night by the time they've settled down.

Optimally they need 12 hours sleep, especially when they're in their very young years of schooling.

A lot of young kids also start their Sunday well before 8am travelling to and playing junior sport. It makes for a long and taxing day and if you start the week with tired kids then you are stuffed for the whole week.

I am sick of people shooting their mouths off on here about people not going to games. Most people that are on bigfooty are the same people that go to most games so you are preaching to the choir.

Sunday twilight is simply not possible for many families.

That was our last 4:40 Sunday game in Melbourne for the year so everyone can relax now. Thank God (or Gillon) for the new family friendly draw.

The crowd was pretty much what I expected with the despised time slot and many floaters wouldn't have given us a chance against the Crows.

Even the $3 pies can't get people to these games :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Review vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back