Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
What are we looking for tonight? I just want to see an effort that makes me think that we might win a couple of matches this year.

Forget the matchups and technical side of the game, just taking it right up to them would be great. On paper we get a belting clearly.

Would be nice if Richo could kick a few tonight too.

I will be keeping an eye on Tommy Roach .

Put him in for the next 6-8 weeks , give him his head and see if he can play at this level ... no point just going through the motions at Coburg with him .

Sink or swim time . Lets see if he has got it .

If i was plough i would say to him " You`ve got 8 weeks Thomas , we won`t drop you so there is no pressure in that dept. ... show us what you have got "

In regards to Tommy Roach, I don't think giving him 6-8 is really going to help getting the best 22 on the park every week. Maybe towards the end of the year this is viable but at the moment it's only round 2 and I'd love to see us win a couple of games and play some of our best footy.

While you guys may think you are staring down the barrell at a thrashing here, take comfort in the fact that Nathan Brown has kicked 15 goals in the last 3 times he's taken on the Eagles (admittedly that goes back to 2002) and Richo has kicked slotted through 11.10 last 3 times. If I was Wallace, I'd stick Richo at FF and Brown in a pocket and have your mids kick long when they get the chance. It's vital not to stuff around with the ball or get cute, best way to beat the Eagles other than a mega flood (which is rather hard to keep up on Subi) is to play direct footy straight through the middle.

That all said, best of luck tonight, I hope the Tiges get a pumping. ;)

well when i think about it id rather have lidsy in instead of cleve maybe next week. yeah i heard he kicked one goal didnt he?

Black JuJu said:
While you guys may think you are staring down the barrell at a thrashing here, take comfort in the fact that Nathan Brown has kicked 15 goals in the last 3 times he's taken on the Eagles (admittedly that goes back to 2002) and Richo has kicked slotted through 11.10 last 3 times. If I was Wallace, I'd stick Richo at FF and Brown in a pocket and have your mids kick long when they get the chance. It's vital not to stuff around with the ball or get cute, best way to beat the Eagles other than a mega flood (which is rather hard to keep up on Subi) is to play direct footy straight through the middle.

That all said, best of luck tonight, I hope the Tiges get a pumping. ;)

kicking it long? wtf is that?:D

I hope it's a good, contested game of footy, good luck.

Richo and Browny are due for some goals hopefully around about 4 each from them would be good.

Patty Bowden to continue his good form, him and Petts have been good as the flankers for us.

Really hope tambling brings his game tonight, would love to see him just explode with his pace all over subi. I like the idea of Hall tagging Cox around the ground after simmonds does the ruck taps but i doubt it will happen hall is just coming back for his first game.

Where a big chance here i reckon we havent played at Subi against the Eagles for a couple of years now (we still had spud then) and we have a better list now, we got close to fremantle there last year.

Go Tigers

PS: Who does everyone think will match up in the midfield? Wouldnt mind seeing Judd v Deledio

IDGAF said:
I will be keeping an eye on Tommy Roach .

Put him in for the next 6-8 weeks , give him his head and see if he can play at this level ... no point just going through the motions at Coburg with him .

Sink or swim time . Lets see if he has got it .

If i was plough i would say to him " You`ve got 8 weeks Thomas , we won`t drop you so there is no pressure in that dept. ... show us what you have got "

big week for roachy i think he is up to it and we will find out.. he is finally getting his go he needs to prove him self to stay on the list

I'm looking forward to seeing Raines continue his good form together with improvement from Hartigan, jackson, and even Deledio. I'm more interested in seeing the younger guys play well, as they are the future. If Richo, Brown, J Bowden, Cogs, tuck and Johnson play well, then anything is possible.

I dont expect Roach to get too much game time, and I hope P Bowden and Pettifer continue to play the good footy they have so far this year.

This is where i eat humble pie. I was a big Pettifer bagger until last year. he shoved it up me, and although he still needs to take the next step, he finally showed what he has in his bag of goodies. I feel relieved when he has the ball as he is one of our better users of it, and would be the best shot on goal at our club.

Simmonds too,. has improved imo this year, with the loss of bulk and playing mainly in the ruck suiting him a lot better. I hope he also continues his good form.

the thing i have liked most about Richmond since TW has come on board, is that we dont drop our heads when 4 or 5 goals down. We now rally and have a crack at coming back. obviously with the exception of the both Round 1 games.

I hope we don't flood. With Tambling and Deledio I'd love to see some midfield dash and frankly if we do get smashed our younger players will learn a lot from Judd and Cousins.

Will be interesting to see how how Browny goes, hopefully he can get a couple of oppurtunities at some freak goals. Haven't seen him do anything special inawhile. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to see us fight it all the way out wheter we are up by 10 goals or down by 10. Patty Bowden to have a good game, has proved to be a bloody good pick up and is so far one of our best after 2 games. We need Simmo to murder Cox and he can do it. Also Embley is a danger man we cant forget about him too many teams do. I would like to see Humm play well against his old side, i think he may well be a very handy pick up for us.

Chops18 said:
I just want to see us fight it all the way out wheter we are up by 10 goals or down by 10. Patty Bowden to have a good game, has proved to be a bloody good pick up and is so far one of our best after 2 games. We need Simmo to murder Cox and he can do it. Also Embley is a danger man we cant forget about him too many teams do. I would like to see Humm play well against his old side, i think he may well be a very handy pick up for us.

Like last week, just hoping that the boys have a real crack and stay competitive. It's not a game I seriously consider us winning.

Oh, and no injuries ...

GhostofJimJess said:
Like last week, just hoping that the boys have a real crack and stay competitive. It's not a game I seriously consider us winning.

Oh, and no injuries ...
Doing well so far though, keep it going boys.

Thrice3 said:
Its half time, we should be winning turn overs from Tivendale(I hate you.) and Humm, Humm is schit, waste of a place.

Tivva:mad:

Humm still thinks he's a fricken weagle.

can someone please keep an update on the scores because i am not able to to download any live commentary or score updates

91 to 59 not lookin too good
we need to keep hanging in their

Patrick started like a house on fire and is playing ok but joel is having a nightmare

Remove this Banner Ad

Vs The Eagles - Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back