• Pickett

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yo

Please read update to board rules.

cheers

To replace meehan?
Is it just me but since we lost our previous head of performance to the Hawks under the new head Meehan we are having a lot more injuries? Now it maybe bad luck but I note the number of acls this year with the exception of Naismith who has a history in this area all the others are younger players who have not had big pre seasons under previous high performance leader but have only been under Meehan so is he doing something different or needs to do something different to prevent the explosion in our injuries hammies calf’s and now unfortunately ACLs

our players were absolutely cooked in the second half

they couldnt run

thats on louie
I thought our senior players gave away some very silly goals with poor disposal Vlaustin kick in out on the gull
Balta short pass to a Geeelong player
Short once again turnover
Broad misses a 25 metre kick
All these results in goals in last quarter

Is it just me but since we lost our previous head of performance to the Hawks under the new head Meehan we are having a lot more injuries? Now it maybe bad luck but I note the number of acls this year with the exception of Naismith who has a history in this area all the others are younger players who have not had big pre seasons under previous high performance leader but have only been under Meehan so is he doing something different or needs to do something different to prevent the explosion in our injuries hammies calf’s and now unfortunately ACLs
Juddy and kelti both had prev ACL , I think diff knees but it also suggests a pre disposition

I thought our senior players gave away some very silly goals with poor disposal Vlaustin kick in out on the gull
Balta short pass to a Geeelong player
Short once again turnover
Broad misses a 25 metre kick
All these results in goals in last quarter
nobody could run in the second half louie has got us fit and firing

That's the perfect plan mate. If you want to end up like North.
actualy i agree with most of it, keep a good 12 core key players and look for others to grow at the rate to compete in 4-6 years. WE ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING worth mentioning in finals with this team. it will take a few years.
We need 5 or 6 top ten talent to grown into a GF team.

actualy i agree with most of it, keep a good 12 core key players and look for others to grow at the rate to compete in 4-6 years. WE ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING worth mentioning in finals with this team. it will take a few years.
The correct way to do it is to phase out the older players over 3-4 years instead of all at once.

Players like Graham we should hold onto. Even if he's not the best, we should still keep him because he can act as a shield for the younger blokes coming through. That's what North are missing.

We only had 3 top ten picks (that we drafted) in our premiership dynasty.

Club won't retire him. We should because his performance has been sub par for a while now but we are a woke organization.
Literally the only position he has not been asked to play over the last two years is key position defender. No matter what he is asked to do he gives it 100%. You can’t expect him to chop and change like that and not lose a bit of consistency

The correct way to do it is to phase out the older players over 3-4 years instead of all at once.

Players like Graham we should hold onto. Even if he's not the best, we should still keep him because he can act as a shield for the younger blokes coming through. That's what North are missing.

We only had 3 top ten picks (that we drafted) in our premiership dynasty.
Agree you can’t get rid of too much experience at once but I’d be trading Graham if there’s a half decent offer on the table.

His body is shot, can’t string together multiple games, and the game is too fast for him in the midfield.

We have plenty of experienced Premiership players in Nank, Vlaustin, Lynch, Rioli, Balta, Bolton and Broad ( Baker probably going).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too soon to bring in Blight?
He was the best KPP on the ground yesterday. Physically ready to go, but one game in the VFL!
Bauer another option, good again yesterday, but big ? On fitness and ability to play 4Q
Kosi, meh. Also looks to be carrying some sort of foot/lower leg injury
And Gray very good yesterday, but too soon for him.
Pity we didn’t draft Archie May in the MSD. He’s in good form and knows our system. Surely we pick him up at the end of the year anyway

Pity we didn’t draft Archie May in the MSD. He’s in good form and knows our system. Surely we pick him up at the end of the year anyway
He has plenty of fans on this board.
I wasn’t a big fan at the start of the season, but he’s really improved. Clunking them now which is what you want to see from your big kpf. Took some really nice contested marks against big Cat defenders yesterday

100% - the top talent is not there with this team. Last year, I think we had 17 players who played 19 or more games, including some, such as Taranto, who played every game but we were still miles off it, with almost all our wins coming against other cellar dwellers.

I thought Ross was out for 8 weeks it’s been way longer than that I believe it will stuff his career as he was getting continuity in games then gets injured

I don't think so. Pickett is stupidly clumsy.
That might explain why he gives away a lot of free kicks, although I reckon they also know he goes in hard which is why the club loves him.

But it doesn't explain why he's seemingly held to a different standard when he has the ball. Gets his head ripped off, pushed in the back and I think anyone with a brain can see that he only has to be touched when he has the ball to get done for htb.

Don't even get me started on some of the soft reports he's been put on and been suspended for compared to other players.

Last edited:
Back