WA BOYS ON WEEKEND (Draft Prospects)

Remove this Banner Ad

are you guys watching colts football or just commentating on hearsay week in week out this kid dominates from a forward pocket or an half forward flank to say he has no chance at a draft is wrong he clearly has a lot to offer the system along with a lot of other kids but from my position watching colts
football reguardless of the fact he has been playing for three seasons or not
he is still an outstanding choice. To say that other kids are skinny and he is stronger are possibly true but then go back as i have and look at the stats over the past two seasons and see when he was skinny and make your
comparisons.

4th Tier said:
I think hes trying to get at, O'Hallaran realises the chances of him getting drafted are next to nothing, and therefore isnt going to bother nominating

You can add Virgo as well, they will both be good WAFL players.

Ted38 said:
You can add Virgo as well, they will both be good WAFL players.
sounds like you might have got beaten by both of them i will agree to disagree but thats my last post on the subject

gosubi said:
sounds like you might have got beaten by both of them i will agree to disagree but thats my last post on the subject

Just my considered view that will be substantiated come Draft time.

East Perth
Colts
Trevor Oliver- 24 possesions

GUN!!

This guy is absoulte class! Everything he does just oozes it. I think he would have a very high chance of getting drafted.... :thumbsu: Ummm... myabe rookie list tho because of the depth in this years draft...

leno said:
i no he was in melbourne but i heard he went back home.
heard big wraps about him
so is he a chance of getting drafted and was he a dominant player at colts lovel or just making the grade
any info would be good

Got cut from the South Freo Colts at the beginning of the season.
Does have good skills but can be very lazy with his movement on the park. Was cut basically b3ecause of a perception of attitude. I hope the kid goes on and suprises some people but at the time was not up to Colts standard.

carntheeagles said:
i'm pretty sure brett hoar moved over east to melbourne??? definitely isnt with the south colts at the moment....

southjoy, does wilson have a chance of playing league? i havent been to any games for a while now because of work but as you said he was dominating the colts comp. a league game would put him right in the hunt for a smokey draft selection i reckon

also whats happened to justin hill :confused: he was my man for the state 18's and has let me down a bit- hasnt been in the best for reserves for a while now- know whats going on?
one more thing :p what sort of size is calma-holt?? positions??

It all really depends on who the Dockers and Eagles take for their games. Cal wilson has definately impressed the coaching hierachy and is definately discussed as a possible for playing League. At the moment he has played two Ressies with the last game agianst EF he played very well.
Hilly could be anything; the body, the height , the motor and the speed. Unfortunately he doesn't believe in himself as much as he should. This cause him to be inconsistent with his performances.
Calma -Holt is suprisingly tall with a good physique. Taller than Hilly with a build similar to Lukas Teague/ Clayton Collard. I'd guess 184-186 and about 85kg. This is all guess work but that sounds about right.

southjoy said:
Calma -Holt is suprisingly tall with a good physique. Taller than Hilly with a build similar to Lukas Teague/ Clayton Collard. I'd guess 184-186 and about 85kg. This is all guess work but that sounds about right.

Calma-Holt is the NT boy who took an absolute screamer in the U18 Championships against Qld. Honestly, if he'd taken that in the AFL, he'd be vying with Ottens and Kerr for mark of the year.

southjoy said:
Linga- Just a couple you missed

East Freo
Caleb Mourish- First game for EF mainly because of the requirement to play a game for the WAFL before you can be drafted. This kid is as good as going around. A monty for State 18's if he was playing in the system. He was clearly EF best player in ateam that was very very good. Apparently ther are a couple of AFL clubs who have requested that he play WAFL football so as to be picked up in the draft. From what I saw this kid will definately go!!
He was nominated for the U18's by East Fremantle in the initial nominations. It's not essential to be playing 'in the system' to be eligible for selection for the U18's. He should have been a Perth player given that his father played there but EF was too quick for them and registered him when he was a 16yr old. You are correct re the AFL Clubs.

Saw East Perth v East Freo yesterday. Moss was impressive again gaining 22 possies and hard running. Colbung was hard at it again. Leuenberger was outstanding. Rucked all day and saw off Griffiths (210cm), Taylor and Dale. Was running impressively at the end of the game. He has really flourished since the Nationals and clubs must be getting excited.
Mc Namara was also good for EF. Didn't get as many opportunities in a team that was flogged but has consolidated his position as a certain draftee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Leuenberger was sensational, and going on performances like this, deserves to go top 6.

I too was impressed with McNamara, BFTW. I think he'd be a handy late draft pick /great rookie listing.

On another note, Seal was great on Woewodin and I hope WCE rookie-list him.

sinepari said:
Yeah Leuenberger was sensational, and going on performances like this, deserves to go top 6.

I too was impressed with McNamara, BFTW. I think he'd be a handy late draft pick /great rookie listing.

On another note, Seal was great on Woewodin and I hope WCE rookie-list him.
Yes I was remiss. Seal did a great job on Woey. He was stiff not to get a job last year and with his ability as a run with player to support his past history as a goal kicker, he deserves a shot.

Just on Trevor Oliver he is a goer alright and will hopefully be nabbed late in the piece. One of our coaches has commented that he is similar to that of an Andrew McLeod type player. He has the build and can run. Skills are impressive and is smart plus never seems rushed when he has the ball. Im impressed with him and he joined us just after the U'18s from NT. Will be a roughy alright and i think he might be nabbed.

on the weekend:
moss- hard worker, superb
l-burger- outplayed very good opposition, very impressive
colbung- classy all day long, had a good game
mcnamara- excellent, played out of position but managed to hold his own in a struggling team.

from this game it was these 4 that stood out as being very draftable from what i saw

Remove this Banner Ad

WA BOYS ON WEEKEND (Draft Prospects)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back