WA state 18's

Remove this Banner Ad

southjoy said:
Impressed! Know your players for a young fella. Probably a PSA player who knows a fair bit about this age group at the moment.
Ball played on Ohallaran for about half the game, whilst forward he was kept reasonably quiet by Ball.Played thru the middle rotating at times with Virgo. O'hallaran kicked agoal early on the wrong matchup for him and kicked another whilst playing on the ball.
Dont know a hell of a lot but like following the draft as it is the future of the afl. How is Jarryd Winter progressing this year?? is he eligible this year or next?

winter is eligible this year,, although i think he will be under strong consideration in '07 when touch wood he has a full pre season and breaks into the 18s..starting to play very well this year,, very well developed physically for his age.. perfect mould for the in and under mid fielder,, with great endurance...would slot into any wafl colts side this year.

word is afl talent scouts are extremely impressed by dan michaels athletic ability/potential.. eg. leap,, speed, simliarly to the way they love benjamin

themightyredv said:
word is afl talent scouts are extremely impressed by dan michaels athletic ability/potential.. eg. leap,, speed, simliarly to the way they love benjamin

Benjamin- Outside receiver!

themightyredv said:

you get the feeling that if dan michael had a slightly better kick and was able to find the footy 5-10 more times a game he would be genuine top 30 material because of those obvious athletic attributes. i think if he does this towards the end part of the year he could be a real surprise in this years draft. for a guy of just over 6ft to get 20 odd hitouts in a game is outstanding and obviously isnt going unnoticed :thumbsu:

Any one manage to get down to the game today... southjoy, lingsface etc??

Couldn't make it today, but have heard,
  • Jarryd Morton performed well kicking a few from CHF,
  • Whilst the players from PT & Cl to be dropped so far include B Howlett, B Bennett, L Bedford and J Hill
What regular league players were given the 18's game off?

Would be good if a few people could give there thoughts on the three matches from today!!

http://www.footygoss.com/modules.ph...article&sid=27846&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

WA's State 20's team defeated the WACFL by 37 points

13.15.93 to 7.8.56.

For the state 20's, Brad Collard and Liam Anthony each kicked three goals, while Brendan Marshall booted four majors for the WACFL.

watched the end of the state 18s but watched the full game of 20s.
state 20s looked like it was awalk in the park for them with not much of a challenge..brad collard dominated on the wing, jordan adamson-holmes ranking up a numerous amount of posesions at chf, harry taylor was dominate at chb and i like the look of the tall claremont kid nick :confused: :confused: :confused: very tall..athletic
from wat i watched of th state 18 matt virgo played well same with matthew leeugburger if thats how u spell it ??

4th Tier said:
Any one manage to get down to the game today... southjoy, lingsface etc??

Couldn't make it today, but have heard,
  • Jarryd Morton performed well kicking a few from CHF,
  • Whilst the players from PT & Cl to be dropped so far include B Howlett, B Bennett, L Bedford and J Hill
What regular league players were given the 18's game off?

Would be good if a few people could give there thoughts on the three matches from today!!

http://www.footygoss.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=27846&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

WA's State 20's team defeated the WACFL by 37 points

13.15.93 to 7.8.56.

For the state 20's, Brad Collard and Liam Anthony each kicked three goals, while Brendan Marshall booted four majors for the WACFL.

yeh got down to the 18's game for the last half today....
moss, collard, jetta, gumbleton, o'brien were all rested

the definite standouts for me were matt virgo, rhys palmer, justin hill, and aaron sweet

morton was only ok for what i saw got mostly easy ball but presented well

luenberger.....my word, is he one big kid!! by far the biggest player on the ground really has an imposing presence

surprised that hill from claremont got cut :eek: i thought he showed quite a bit of talent and flare, maybe just with guys like jetta and collard his place may already be taken :thumbsdown:

carntheeagles said:
surprised that hill from claremont got cut :eek: i thought he showed quite a bit of talent and flare, maybe just with guys like jetta and collard his place may already be taken :thumbsdown:

He's a different type of player than both those and whilst he has as much if not more talent than both of them he lacks desire and application. If he can address that area of his game he'll make it at the top level.

Yes Moss Gumbelton Collard Jetta Colbung all rested
There were a few standout players Matt Leunberger would of been bog in first half getting alot of ground ball for a big guy and kicking three.
Bradley :D:D:D:D was very good run with the ball alot and used it very well.
Matthew Virgo would of been best on ground lacks speed with the ball though.
James Hawksley was good in defence very attacking defender like the way he plays.
Jacob Williams looks very immobile and has poor disposal as well, interesting that he got through.
Nathan Krakour was good but hes F##cking skinny.

Ted38 said:
He's a different type of player than both those and whilst he has as much if not more talent than both of them he lacks desire and application. If he can address that area of his game he'll make it at the top level.

You are kidding! Aren't you?
Collards non prefered side is better than most peoples dominant side including Hill's.
Jetta has unbelievable evasive and pace qualities the like you will not see in this draft.
Hill has height and pace but not overly in comparison to the majority of Colts players.

southjoy said:
You are kidding! Aren't you?
Collards non prefered side is better than most peoples dominant side including Hill's.
Jetta has unbelievable evasive and pace qualities the like you will not see in this draft.
Hill has height and pace but not overly in comparison to the majority of Colts players.

No I'm not actually, granted Collard and Jetta are very good players and will no doubt be possible first round picks but to say that Collards non preferred side is better than Hill's dominant side is an over exaggeration in the extreme. Obviously I have watched a lot more of Hill than you have and I can tell you I've seen him do things that I have yet to see either Collard and Jetta do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ted38 said:
No I'm not actually, granted Collard and Jetta are very good players and will no doubt be possible first round picks but to say that Collards non preferred side is better than Hill's dominant side is an over exaggeration in the extreme. Obviously I have watched a lot more of Hill than you have and I can tell you I've seen him do things that I have yet to see either Collard and Jetta do.

The proof will be in the pudding at next year's draft; as to whether Josh will actually get drafted.

Ted38 said:
Its true collards kciking side is very hard to tell just because of how good he is on both sides.

Taking a guess I think this will be the final squad

Claremont
Clint Benjamin
Eric Mackenzie
Nathan Krakouer
Jarryd Morton

East Fremantle
Brad D1ck
Luke Nugent
Chris Masten
Dominic Foster

East Perth
Matthew Leuenberger
Garry Moss
Shawn Colbung
Luke Sampey
Aaron Sweet

Peel
Scott Gumbleton
Brock O’Brien
Bryce Thornton
Kyle Reimers
James Hawksley

Perth
Brett Speldewinde
David Myers
Brennan Stack

South Fremantle
Clayton Collard
Leroy Jetta

Subiaco
Matthew Virgo
David Gourdis

Lingsface said:
Taking a guess I think this will be the final squad

Claremont
Clint Benjamin
Eric Mackenzie
Nathan Krakouer
Jarryd Morton

East Fremantle
Brad D1ck
Luke Nugent
Chris Masten
Dominic Foster

East Perth
Matthew Leuenberger
Garry Moss
Shawn Colbung
Luke Sampey
Aaron Sweet

Peel
Scott Gumbleton
Brock O’Brien
Bryce Thornton
Kyle Reimers
James Hawksley

Perth
Brett Speldewinde
David Myers
Brennan Stack

South Fremantle
Clayton Collard
Leroy Jetta

Subiaco
Matthew Virgo
David Gourdis

What about your Scotch College star from last year, THOMSON, not good enough eh!

mick ryan said:
What about your Scotch College star from last year, THOMSON, not good enough eh!
well hes made the training squad so he must be alright, may even make it but i think the only thing working against him would be i think he was eligible last year.

how did thomson play?
dan michaels had a bad game,, but has far greater potentional...
is amazing how far one beep test can take you

I think he was mainly playing on dom foster and did a pretty good job defensively didnt seem to have as much offensively as he normally does but was solid at chb....although mckenzie looked alot better in the position which is my main reason of leaving thompson out.

Pretty sure the 18s play on friday night against claremont league.

amazonstud said:
Bit surprised that Grae Grant could not make the squad. Has been All Australian U16, AIS squad member, International rules player, and now can't make the WA squad. Anyone know why he has been ommitted?

Struggled to have much of an impact in the trial game last Saturday. WA have got plenty to pick from with talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

WA state 18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back