Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worsfold must be rapt with 2016 so far.
First he was door-knocking looking for members, now he'll doing the same thing looking for players.

There was enough evidence for a unanimous decision that the players took tb4. It's just you can't accept it.

WADA brought in young who has a 100% success rate.
BTW there wasn't enough for a unanimous decision. 3/6 judges thought that they more likely didn't, 1/6 thought that some probably did, but wasn't comfortable with others, 2/6 thought they all must have used it based on this beautiful piece of logic:

"For Mr Dank to have arbitrarily omitted to give any player injection of Thymosin would have made no sense".

I would suggest on that line we are below balance of probabilities as a standard of proof.

No more Chip....No more Ings

Vercua-Salt-2.jpg
so you're saying it would mean I would get rid of Ings and Chip for the low low price of the utter humiliation and possibly extermination of my club? Hmm, tempting

To what aim? The verdict simply says that it's more likely than not that players took TB4 and that players didn't do enough to discharge their obligations under the code. There is still no actual proof of TB4 use, the test that they developed was thrown out. There is still no admission of TB4 use, the bloke who's meant to have given them TB4 still says that he didn't use it.

We are in the same position as supporters as we were before, except that the players received the benefit of the doubt at the tribunal and didn't receive the same benefit at CAS.

On what planet is it reasonable for the players to receive the benefit of any doubt when it IS proven they lied (via omission) about getting injected?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW there wasn't enough for a unanimous decision. 3/6 judges thought that they more likely didn't, 1/6 thought that some probably did, but wasn't comfortable with others, 2/6 thought they all must have used it based on this beautiful piece of logic:

"For Mr Dank to have arbitrarily omitted to give any player injection of Thymosin would have made no sense".

I would suggest on that line we are below balance of probabilities as a standard of proof.

They all signed the consent forms and what has been determined to be tb4 was on their dosage forms.

He had them all on it to assist with recovery.

1. Told not to - why do you think players would be told not to tell anti doping authorities about specific supplements.
2. All the more reason to disclose, wouldn't you think?

You don't understand. It was to protect IP.

Obviously ASADA were going to give that information to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back