Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo has been saying all day he thinks the players cannot play the innocent victim anymore. He wont ramble that badly I think.
That was before he'd had a few. Anything could happen.

Linda Lovelace and TerryWallet - see! I told you it would explode, and people who don't usually post/distance themselves come out of the woodwork. Seems that more people give a hoot now due to an official result!

Thrawny baby, i didn't say the HTB wouldn't explode. In fact, i said it would. With heaps of outsiders too.

What i said was i didn't think many, if any, HTB regs or semi regs would have a meltdown.

I haven't spotted any yet, have you?

BTW, congrats thrawny, you were firm on 2 years when most of us doubted a bit.

It was an attempt to minimise the damage to Essendon.

Hindsight can be a bitch if you're a cheat.
The initial "governance" punishment had more to it than that.

I know it was highly unlikely, but imagine if Essendon won the flag in 2013? Even the AFL could see that would be a huge disaster, so they had to get Essendon out of the finals.

Essendon should hand deliver a copy of the CAS verdict to members
To what aim? The verdict simply says that it's more likely than not that players took TB4 and that players didn't do enough to discharge their obligations under the code. There is still no actual proof of TB4 use, the test that they developed was thrown out. There is still no admission of TB4 use, the bloke who's meant to have given them TB4 still says that he didn't use it.

We are in the same position as supporters as we were before, except that the players received the benefit of the doubt at the tribunal and didn't receive the same benefit at CAS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Paul Marsh get away with saying "The players did no wrong" Surely that is grounds for dismissal after it clearly shows in the WADA report that they were indeed complicit.

Head-in-arse privilege.

Theyre better off being WADA compliant (with exceptions). I anticipate (reading between the lines) that the AFL code is going to be amended to remove CAS appeals, dismantle a lot of ASADA's oversight and place all the power for its administration (and a lot more discretion) in the hands of the AFL exclusively.

Far enough not to piss off ASADA, WADA and the Feds, and allowing the AFL to still claim to be WADA compliant, but in reality empowering the AFL Commission to able to do whatever they want and whenever it suits them to do so.

Sorry, but that is plain impossible.

What you're predicting is like being a little bit pregnant, and choosing to remain a little bit pregnant, but not having a child.

WADA compliance is a top down process, not a bottom up process. The only way the current version of compliance changes is if WADA agrees to sport specific amendments. WADA won't - certainly not in ways you are suggesting. How would that play with the hundreds of other sports and sporting bodies. Sorry guys, you all have to stay on full alcohol WADA compliance, but we're going to surrender our oversight of the AFL and let them do whatever they want to."

Don't think so.

lol whats he gonna do ???? say he's shocked to be sitting /standing/ to be here ?

shocked to be sitting here:

dunk-tank-easy-dunker.jpg

did i read correctly today that the afl's defence is that it is a team sport and therefore not applicable to wada? has any other world team sport tried this on?

what makes the afl think they're so special?

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back