Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

To what aim? The verdict simply says that it's more likely than not that players took TB4 and that players didn't do enough to discharge their obligations under the code. There is still no actual proof of TB4 use, the test that they developed was thrown out. There is still no admission of TB4 use, the bloke who's meant to have given them TB4 still says that he didn't use it.

We are in the same position as supporters as we were before, except that the players received the benefit of the doubt at the tribunal and didn't receive the same benefit at CAS.
Not quite. The bloke who gave it to them did say he used it initially, then when challenged produced an alternative scenario.

How does Paul Marsh get away with saying "The players did no wrong" Surely that is grounds for dismissal after it clearly shows in the WADA report that they were indeed complicit.

Are the players banned from the club too? No training, gym etc?

I concur.
I'm not sure whether I was more surprised by Marsh actually saying it or a room full of journalists not bringing him to task on saying it.
Says a lot about both parties really.

come on mate, you've had a good day, don't ruin it by expecting miracles

No more Chip....No more Ings

Vercua-Salt-2.jpg

To what aim? The verdict simply says that it's more likely than not that players took TB4 and that players didn't do enough to discharge their obligations under the code. There is still no actual proof of TB4 use, the test that they developed was thrown out. There is still no admission of TB4 use, the bloke who's meant to have given them TB4 still says that he didn't use it.

We are in the same position as supporters as we were before, except that the players received the benefit of the doubt at the tribunal and didn't receive the same benefit at CAS.

There was enough evidence for a unanimous decision that the players took tb4. It's just you can't accept it.

WADA brought in young who has a 100% success rate.

Robbo has been saying all day he thinks the players cannot play the innocent victim anymore. He wont ramble that badly I think.
He's possibly reached the 5th stage of grief: Acceptance.

Not quite. The bloke who gave it to them did say he used it initially, then when challenged produced an alternative scenario.
Yeah possibly, although it's still a weird scenario that someone would go to all the apparent lengths to hide its use (inc forgery) and then admit to its use.
There was enough evidence for a unanimous decision that the players took tb4. It's just you can't accept it.

WADA brought in young who has a 100% success rate.
I accept the decision. Those who don't still won't based on that evidence

did i read correctly today that the afl's defence is that it is a team sport and therefore not applicable to wada? has any other world team sport tried this on?

what makes the afl think they're so special?
Need to keep drug taking in house.

Don't need those pesky buggers poking there nose in or the game will be exposed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The initial "governance" punishment had more to it than that.

I know it was highly unlikely, but imagine if Essendon won the flag in 2013? Even the AFL could see that would be a huge disaster, so they had to get Essendon out of the finals.
this kind of thinking... seriously...

There is a process in place. Just because it was public when it shouldn't have been, there is still a process. There can be no justification for bringing down a penalty before the investigation is even complete, let alone trial heard. None. If EFC had won a premiership it would now be stripped. How you can support the AFL's attitude to negotiated outcomes even when there is independent regulation is mind-blowing

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back