Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just devastated really. For the players.

I guess this is what happens when Australia signs up to an overseas sporting body that is designed for singular athletes and not teams.

The ruling is an opinion based on the lowering of the bar of 'comfortable satisfaction' and provides ZERO factual evidence that banned substances were taken. It's a scary precedent that has been set. Guilty until proven innocent.

Anyway, it's a stupid situation which should never have happened. I only wish that Essendon and eleven other clubs had better documented their injection programmes. I am obviously waiting for the other 11 clubs, who were also guilty of inadequate injection reporting and governance, to have their day in court and hope their outcome is better than that which Essendon received.

Read the judgement Ari - "zero factual evidence" my arse!!!

James Hird will conduct his only extensive interview on the supplements saga this Sunday at 7:40pm on ABC News 24 TV.

The interview will be conducted by Tracey Holmes.

Yeah, that'll be balanced :rolleyes:
Fogdog must've been busy.

That it is.

QC Beloff has discreetly been posing as blackcat and reading the facts from the BEST sources in town....the mighty HTB for years :D
Nah - that can't have been blackcat. Never once quoted himself in the third person and not one reference to succour moms

Just on the Jobe Watson decision, is anyone else surprised the AFL would draw this out for a month?

Surely the AFL have had more than enough time to plan for all potential outcomes?

What are the hoping for? People would forget?

And to be honest, it's pretty unfair on Jobe to have this discussion raging for the next month.

Agree, it's pretty simple he doped in the year he won the medal and is ineligible.

Does not matter what he says, he is guilty. Only reason for a delay is to buy him time to appeal which is his right.

Just on the Jobe Watson decision, is anyone else surprised the AFL would draw this out for a month?

Surely the AFL have had more than enough time to plan for all potential outcomes?

What are the hoping for? People would forget?

And to be honest, it's pretty unfair on Jobe to have this discussion raging for the next month.

They are just giving jobe time to hand it back himself.
Which will look more honourable than having it stripped from him.

you think I'm trolling by somehow preventing you from comprehending what you're reading??

Sounds like you have the shits, having a good sook and taking it out on other posters.

That's what happens when your club cheats and gets caught out. No good taking you're shitty mood out on other posters. I'm happy to see your club are copping their right whack now. Happen when you do the wrong thing and get caught. Cheats shouldn't prosper.

Just devastated really. For the players.

I guess this is what happens when Australia signs up to an overseas sporting body that is designed for singular athletes and not teams.

The ruling is an opinion based on the lowering of the bar of 'comfortable satisfaction' and provides ZERO factual evidence that banned substances were taken. It's a scary precedent that has been set. Guilty until proven innocent.

Anyway, it's a stupid situation which should never have happened. I only wish that Essendon and eleven other clubs had better documented their injection programmes. I am obviously waiting for the other 11 clubs, who were also guilty of inadequate injection reporting and governance, to have their day in court and hope their outcome is better than that which Essendon received.

No, it's what happens when players willingly engage in systematic doping along with club officials and, en masse, lie about it at doping controls.

Sounds like you have the shits, having a good sook and taking it out on other posters.

That's what happens when your club cheats and gets caught out. No good taking you're shitty mood out on other posters. I'm happy to see your club are copping their right whack now. Happen when you do the wrong thing and get caught. Cheats shouldn't prosper.
do you even read bro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should St Kilda, Port Adelaide and Bulldogs have to pay their banned players if the AFL decides players should still get paid despite the code default position? Clearly AFL's decision is just to mitigate legal action against the Bombers so Bombers should be picking up the tab for any payments made by any other clubs to banned players.

I don't think he gives a shit. Or at least, he hasn't displayed anything that remotely resembles guilt.

I put it to you that it is a defense mechanism - if he allowed himself to accept any blame, the gravity of the situation would lead to him having a nervous breakdown or worse

Agree, it's pretty simple he doped in the year he won the medal and is ineligible.

Does not matter what he says, he is guilty. Only reason for a delay is to buy him time to appeal which is his right.

The AFL said they will have a meeting with jobe over it, like WTF.

Gill : so Jobe you still think you should keep your medal ?

Jobe: Yes even though i doped i still won it.

Gill: Yer no worries Jobe all good we will go with that .

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back