Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah whats going on with Memegola? Good to see Sutcliffe getting a league game, although his form in ressies has been average.

Schloithe currently playing reserves for Souths against Peel. Early in 4th quarter. Nine possessions, 2 tackles, one goal thus far according to wafl site. May have to work a bit harder to get into the league team, even though they are somewhat struggling.

Bloody Walters has three points staight half way through the second quarter. His goal kicking accuracy has been terrible so far. If he had been kicking staight he could be pushing for a game. At least he is getting opportunities.

Real shame Leon Davis is playing WAFL footy.

He's two steps up from the blokes he's playing against, kicking is sublime.
Yeah but atleast when the finals come around he'll be at the same level as the guys out there. He always drops two steps back in them.

Walters is 2.5 now.

JWK seems to be having a very good outing for Souths. Astounds me how players often perform better when playing in harder systems (Ressies-League).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JKW's stats look good. 20 disp, 6 tackles, 5 inside 50's.
Crichton 20 disp and 5 I50 too but only 1 tackle.
Sheridan came back well after a slow start to get 18 disp, 4 I50 and 4 tackles

Crozier and Pitt quiet games.

Walters 2 goals 5 behinds. Needs to turn that into 5 goals 2 behinds. I think he had a similar return last week.

Good to see Sutcliffe step up. Seemed to be very quiet in the first half but had a good second half.

Some good depth for us though. Lower, Grover, JVB all pushing their claims. Faulks and Menagola previously also.

Our rookie players seem to be going great guns.

Marco Parparone could be our future FF/CHF. Another BOG in the colts today. Needs to put on some weight, think he is 194cm and 76kg.

Attended the SD v Tiges game today... Walters was opportunistic in every fashion except the finishing touches, which as pointed out is normally his strength.. other than 1 behind which was touched off the boot, the others you would normally expect him to finish.. but was involved for a majority which was good to see and his pressure / tackling was really good.

Silvagni.. defensive work was first class, didnt get beaten in a contest all day... HOWEVER... ball use and decision making was woeful.. dare i say it, was "Dawson-Like", or probably worse.. couldnt hit a target by hand or foot the entire game, couple OOB on the full, bad handballs missing targets into the corridor.. just looked out of sorts with ball in hand.. fair way off getting a call up on that effort tbh, especially if Grover is in good touch.

What type of position is Van bero playing in the WAFL?
Gee really starting to dominate the WAFL. Right now...could replace Neale as another crowley like run-with tagger.. coz that's what he did well in 2010 yea.. ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back