Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvsgni & Walters will stay. The rest are gone.

I reckon Crichton will also be staying on. Lyon has mentioned him as a future mid with Pitt, Roberton. Our window is before 2015 so reckon he will be another midfield option /depth for us. Reckon we will only take 3 picks into this year with Moeller the fourth.

What do we do about this kid? Good size, good skills, big kick, yet so injury-prone.

Does anyone know what the story is with his sinuses, and how long he will be out? Thought nasal problems were a WCE issue?

If he's not playing consistantly good footy in the Perth league side by years end then he'll go the way of our past injury prone players we've had eg. O'Brien and Foster.

I reckon Crichton will also be staying on. Lyon has mentioned him as a future mid with Pitt, Roberton. Our window is before 2015 so reckon he will be another midfield option /depth for us. Reckon we will only take 3 picks into this year with Moeller the fourth.

Lyon also rated Grover. You may be right but coaches say all sorts of stuff during the season but at years end when we need spots on the list, all that goes out the window.

Young KPP WAFL Watch:

Mason Shaw with 8 goals 4 behinds from 12 kicks in the colts in his return from injury.

Marco Paparone 5 goals 3 behinds from 18 kicks and 8 marks for Easts in another BOG performance.

Jesse Hogan a quiet game today, but still 15 poss and 6 marks.

Howson very quiet.

Grover 14 poss, 6 marks.
Suban 11 poss (if he can´t dominate at WAFL level he won´t crack a game)
Pitt 12 poss (only 6 in the last 3 quarters)
Crozier 16 poss, 3 goals, 3 behinds
Walters 18 poss, 6 marks, 1 goal
Menagola 20 poss, 3 tackles, 4 goals, 2 behinds (good to see he has his goalkicking boots back on, if he can find that form he had as a colt - incl 9 goals in one game - he could be a great find)
Sutcliffe 19 poss
Schloithe 16 poss, 2 goals, 2 behinds
Jordan Wilson 16 poss
Van Berlo 18 poss
Kepler 1 poss and injured

I reckon there are a few guys running around in the WAFL I wouldn´t mind see in our forward line. Josh Smith, Max Duffy, Medders, Tom Lee.

Grover 14 poss, 6 marks.
Suban 11 poss (if he can´t dominate at WAFL level he won´t crack a game)
Pitt 12 poss (only 6 in the last 3 quarters)
Crozier 16 poss, 3 goals, 3 behinds
Walters 18 poss, 6 marks, 1 goal
Menagola 20 poss, 3 tackles, 4 goals, 2 behinds (good to see he has his goalkicking boots back on, if he can find that form he had as a colt - incl 9 goals in one game - he could be a great find)
Sutcliffe 19 poss
Schloithe 16 poss, 2 goals, 2 behinds
Jordan Wilson 16 poss
Van Berlo 18 poss
Kepler 1 poss and injured

I reckon there are a few guys running around in the WAFL I wouldn´t mind see in our forward line. Josh Smith, Max Duffy, Medders, Tom Lee.

Kepler ok?:(

Bloody Suban, IMO he has gone behind most other players in the WAFL which would mean he shouldn't get a game for the rest of the year unless he improves.

Some top performances at WAFL this round. Should be plenty of opportunities for a game this week going on our performance against the Sun's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silvsgni & Walters will stay. The rest are gone.

walters is GAWN!! wont play another game in our jumper

Bloody Suban, IMO he has gone behind most other players in the WAFL which would mean he shouldn't get a game for the rest of the year unless he improves.

Some top performances at WAFL this round. Should be plenty of opportunities for a game this week going on our performance against the Sun's.

I love suban as a player, but your right, even chris masten dominated wafl whilst he was on the outer at west coast.... im not sure where suban is being played, but he needs to rack up big numbers to get back in to the side, if we are to get better as a team, we need suban playing well

Mason Shaw was phenomenal for South Freo Colts on the weekend. He times his leads perfectly, times his leap perfectly, his hands are solid as a rock and he has no problem kicking from outside 50. I know it's only a colts game but I reckon this kid will be a star, hopeflly in a purple guernsey!

Mason Shaw was phenomenal for South Freo Colts on the weekend. He times his leads perfectly, times his leap perfectly, his hands are solid as a rock and he has no problem kicking from outside 50. I know it's only a colts game but I reckon this kid will be a star, hopeflly in a purple guernsey!
Unless we finish in the bottom 4 or 5 there is no way Mason Shaw will be in purple next year. I think a more realistic option is Papparone from East Fremantle. He is the leading goal scorer in the colts comp and has been in the best for East just aout every game. Not as good as Shaw at this moment in time but probably a bit more realistic in our position

especially at claremont where they have Morton and Stevenson playing across half back in the loose man roles and Suban doesn't get a run in the midfield so will never much of the ball there.

Suban's problem is that both in the AFL and WAFL they play him as a back pocket/HBF. HBF's get less possessions in the WAFL than they do in the AFL because of the game style.
And how did you come about that conclusion??? At Swans Kyle Hams & Wade Twomey our 2 half backs are quite often the leading possesion winners in the team, ditto Leon Davis at Perth, Parker & Randall at Subi, Stevenson at Claremont, McGrath at SF etc etc etc ...sounds like a copout for mine on Suban.

And how did you come about that conclusion??? At Swans Kyle Hams & Wade Twomey our 2 half backs are quite often the leading possesion winners in the team, ditto Leon Davis at Perth, Parker & Randall at Subi, Stevenson at Claremont, McGrath at SF etc etc etc ...sounds like a copout for mine on Suban.
I did say Back Pocket too you know. Leon Davis doesn't play on a man, Suban does. Also you just said Stevenson runs the HBF for Claremont.. so my point is pretty much proven, Stevenson is the number 1 man on the HBF, Suban gets relegated to being a defender first.

Unless we finish in the bottom 4 or 5 there is no way Mason Shaw will be in purple next year. I think a more realistic option is Papparone from East Fremantle. He is the leading goal scorer in the colts comp and has been in the best for East just aout every game. Not as good as Shaw at this moment in time but probably a bit more realistic in our position

we keep playing like we did on the weekend, we will have the pick to select shaw without a doubt

I did say Back Pocket too you know. Leon Davis doesn't play on a man, Suban does. Also you just said Stevenson runs the HBF for Claremont.. so my point is pretty much proven, Stevenson is the number 1 man on the HBF, Suban gets relegated to being a defender first.
Haha yeah fair call on Davis but what I was implying is that most if not all of the WAFL coaches are implementing the same style of play as the AFL coaches are with presses, zones etc so wasnt sure what you meant by the differences between the 2 competitions? Suban also plays at Claremont who are very much a high possesion side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back