Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

we keep playing like we did on the weekend, we will have the pick to select shaw without a doubt
God bit early to be making calls like that considering were 5 wins and 2 losses. The amount f supporters getting down on our team about how bad we are just remember that we haven't really fired much of a shot this year and we have lost 2 games by a combined total of like 15 points and are sitting 7th on the ladder. On top of that we are still learning a new gameplan. If ya didn't know you would think we were sitting in the bottom 4 with 2 wins

312 disposals for Claremont versus 443 for Geelong. Quite a difference between the best sides in each comp. Even we had 380 on the weekend. Another 3 possessions per player (not accurate as it would be 0-1 for half the players and 5 for midfielders)

God bit early to be making calls like that considering were 5 wins and 2 losses. The amount f supporters getting down on our team about how bad we are just remember that we haven't really fired much of a shot this year and we have lost 2 games by a combined total of like 15 points and are sitting 7th on the ladder. If ya didn't know you would think we were sitting in the bottom 4 with 2 wins

well we are 4-2 actually.

and i have said all year that i believe we will finish anywhere between 12th and 7th..... if we finish 12th we will have pick 7, which may get the job done for shaw..... im certainly not a doomsdayer, but i like to think im a realist... i think we are an average side at best and finishing 12th whilst disappointing would not surprise me one bit

and i have said all year that i believe we will finish anywhere between 12th and 7th..... if we finish 12th we will have pick 7, which may get the job done for shaw..... im certainly not a doomsdayer, but i like to think im a realist... i think we are an average side at best and finishing 12th whilst disappointing would not surprise me one bit

I thought a lot of our players played well against Gold Coast but it showed we lack in a lot of areas still. We still have a lot of quality recruiting to do. I agree there is no point glossing over it KPR.

Croz 3 goals and very impressive
Menagola 4 goals and very impressive

Geez the others named in the bests in the Sunday paper must have played bloody good, cause neither were named.

If we did finish 12th it would still depend on who finished below us because with prority picks or compensation picks it could be stretched out to like pick 10-12. So that most certainly won't get Shaw

Although I am no raging optimist, surely 12th is a bit of stretch: 8 wins was 12th last year. That would require us to loose 12 of our remaining 16 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent, KPR declaring Walters finished is a very good omen for him :thumbsu:

Hahaha absolutely. Seriously though once a player is in his bad books there's no changing his mind.

thats not true, i give credit where due... and im right more often than not.... i dont see the point in sugar coating players difficiencies though either.... walters is skillful, but lazy and has been that way for 4 years now, and ross lyon is not a coach who you want to cross with your commitment

Although I am no raging optimist, surely 12th is a bit of stretch: 8 wins was 12th last year. That would require us to loose 12 of our remaining 16 games.

like i said, anywhere between those places i think is realistic, but i agree, i certainly would be disappointed if we ended up 12th, i think 8th is the most likely result

Silvsgni & Walters will stay. The rest are gone.

Would've thought Faulks would keep his spot. Grover will be retired at the end of the year. Faulks is a decent depth replacement. Agree with the rest though.

On second thought, reckon Walters could cop it this year as well. He's still on the main list (as far as I can tell)... so if we do keep him I reckon he'll be cut from the main squad and put onto the rookie list.

This year's different. It may well work out that 14 wins is the minimum requirement to make the 8 this year, while 17 wins could be enough to claim top spot. Either way, I reckon at least 2 clubs (one of which will most likely be us) worthy of finals action will miss out this year. Should make for a fascinating finals series where teams finishing 5-8 could do some real damage to the top 4 sides. I'm so glad we kept the top eight system instead of expanding to nine, finals footy will be better than ever this year I reckon!

11 wins (which often used to be enough to qualify for finals under the old 16 club system) could see you finish as low as 12th this season. Given that there's clearly six clubs propping up the ladder I'd say it'll be hard for the Dockers to finish any lower than that, even if the wheels come off and only manage 9 wins like last year.

It actually wouldn't be too disappointed to see us improve that record to 11 wins this year whilst finishing a spot lower on the table so we can have a crack at decent key position players in this year's draft. Would probably be better than swallowing the bitter pill of registering 13 or 14 wins and still missing out on finals...

This year's different. It may well work out that 14 wins is the minimum requirement to make the 8 this year, while 17 wins could be enough to claim top spot. Either way, I reckon at least 2 clubs (one of which will most likely be us) worthy of finals action will miss out this year. Should make for a fascinating finals series where teams finishing 5-8 could do some real damage to the top 4 sides. I'm so glad we kept the top eight system instead of expanding to nine, finals footy will be better than ever this year I reckon!

Annoyingly when I ran the ladder predictor just then expecting to be able to use it to rubbish your statement I found exactly what you say. 14 wins. With freo in 9th on percentage and only 12 points separating 10th from 3rd.
Must the extra gimmie games pushing up the numbers (GWS, Gold Coast, Melb & Port and to a lesser extent Brissie.) Falling over the line against GC may prove to the difference between making, or failing to make, the 8 this year for us. (Equally, not getting a % boost from that game might be the difference as well).

Just off topic slightly, but anyone else catch Ben Saunders' game for Sowfs on the weekend? Kicked 6 goals 2 and showed very clean skills in pretty ordinary conditions. only 21 might be worth a rookie spot?

Just off topic slightly, but anyone else catch Ben Saunders' game for Sowfs on the weekend? Kicked 6 goals 2 and showed very clean skills in pretty ordinary conditions. only 21 might be worth a rookie spot?

I recorded it and finished watching it this arvo.

I was impressed, but not enough to say we should offer him a spot. How tall is he? He doesn't look like the key forward that we need, more like Anthony / Mayne lead up forward type.

I tried the ladder predictor and came up with the seemingly ridiculous scenario of 1st with 17 wins, and 8th and 9th both with 15 wins. And we were 10th with 13 wins. No doubt it won't happen like that, but just shows that because of basically 10 decent sides, 2 average ones (Richmond and Saints), and the rest being woeful ... lots of easy games on paper for the top 10 sides.

Our % is already giving up one game to most sides, especially considering our performances against Brisbane and GC. Looking at the fixture, I honestly don't like our chances of making the 8. We might need to beat WC both times, beat North in Rd 22, and win every game we are supposed to on paper.

I tried the ladder predictor and came up with the seemingly ridiculous scenario of 1st with 17 wins, and 8th and 9th both with 15 wins. And we were 10th with 13 wins. No doubt it won't happen like that, but just shows that because of basically 10 decent sides, 2 average ones (Richmond and Saints), and the rest being woeful ... lots of easy games on paper for the top 10 sides.

Our % is already giving up one game to most sides, especially considering our performances against Brisbane and GC. Looking at the fixture, I honestly don't like our chances of making the 8. We might need to beat WC both times, beat North in Rd 22, and win every game we are supposed to on paper.

The Brisbane game was a good percentage game. The best we've had all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back