Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I can't fathom why Sheridan isn't named to play. Why do they always have shit WAFL games on TV this year? Peel Vs East Perth Would've been a beauty.

It's one of those damned if you do ........

Exhibit A. Rhys Palmer. Will play the best footy of his career at GWS , which due to circumstance would never be at freo. Exhibit B. Brett Peake see exhibit A except he's past tense and is playing Seaford and surfing at bells.

From those trades we now have Crozier and Roberton , time will tell if it turned out ok. IMO we did well.

For me trades can be beneficial for all especially for players who are struggling with the culture. Walters is a good player with talent and ability but think he will play his best elsewhere, with definite trade currency.

You can't know what's going on in the inside track but with the way our forwards are going Walters would have to get a call up soon. Ross has him on the right track now so why would we trade him? Kid can play.

Not sure Walters would have a huge amount of a trade currency, wouldn't get any higher than a high 3rd round pick IMO. I think he is worth hanging on to, he is a good player, just needs an adjustment to his attitude. We will happily take him off your hands if you would like though!

Oh and as I have mentioned before in this thread, Crozier is going to be something very special.

When do people think Michael Walters will be named to play for Freo?

personally i dont think he will ever be named again

Could be valuable tradebait. But if he does get traded, inevitably he'll come back to bite us on the arse.

he wouldnt have any currency whatsoever. If i was a club interested in him, id be saying to him, that they may rookie him if availabkle... i dont think he will bite us in the arse, because i dont think he will ever have the work ethic required to make it

Not sure Walters would have a huge amount of a trade currency, wouldn't get any higher than a high 3rd round pick IMO. I think he is worth hanging on to, he is a good player, just needs an adjustment to his attitude. We will happily take him off your hands if you would like though!

Oh and as I have mentioned before in this thread, Crozier is going to be something very special.

no currency, i agree. you may very well have him next year.

yep crozier will be unbelievable... im hoping for a lecras like player but with high marking potential

he wouldnt have any currency whatsoever. If i was a club interested in him, id be saying to him, that they may rookie him if availabkle... i dont think he will bite us in the arse, because i dont think he will ever have the work ethic required to make it

no currency, i agree. you may very well have him next year.

yep crozier will be unbelievable... im hoping for a lecras like player but with high marking potential

can we start strappping up his shoulders now just in case? replace them with titanium?

I hope you don't work with kids or anything like that. On the scrapheap at 21!

It's not exactly unheard of for extremely talented young men to get their life back on track after a severe kick in the pants.
You may be right but it's not the foregone conclusion you are making it out to be. He has a lot of growing up to do yet.

I mean half the posters on here would have had Johnson out the door last year or earlier, Duffield would be been axed, Pearce gone. People mature at different rates and some respond better to different coaches, take a bit more time to mature into their talents. This is seen as one of Ross Lyon's greatest talents, getting the best out of borderline players.

No need to go all jihad on Walters ass just yet. He could be one of the better small forwards in the league in a couple of years. You know, when he's 23 or so.

It's not exactly unheard of for extremely talented young men to get their life back on track after a severe kick in the pants.
You may be right but it's not the foregone conclusion you are making it out to be. He has a lot of growing up to do yet.

I mean half the posters on here would have had Johnson out the door last year or earlier, Duffield would be been axed, Pearce gone. People mature at different rates and some respond better to different coaches, take a bit more time to mature into their talents. This is seen as one of Ross Lyon's greatest talents, getting the best out of borderline players.

No need to go all jihad on Walters ass just yet. He could be one of the better small forwards in the league in a couple of years. You know, when he's 23 or so.

Im not, im just expressing my opinion that i dont think he will ever have the attitude to succeed at afl level. I seem to be in the minority, but it staggers me the love for walters, as a whole in the last 4 years, he has given us nothing, yet people want to bag a guy like pitt :confused:

If i were to tell you that an un-named player was to come to our club, he had a good kick, but was short, wasnt particularly quick, would stay on our list for four years, but not show great commitment and return from pre-eason overweight 3 of those four years... what would you say?

Im not, im just expressing my opinion that i dont think he will ever have the attitude to succeed at afl level. I seem to be in the minority, but it staggers me the love for walters, as a whole in the last 4 years, he has given us nothing, yet people want to bag a guy like pitt :confused:

If i were to tell you that an un-named player was to come to our club, he had a good kick, but was short, wasnt particularly quick, would stay on our list for four years, but not show great commitment and return from pre-eason overweight 3 of those four years... what would you say?

Not true. Played an important part in our finals win against the Hawks in 2010 and one of the few to show some ticker against Geelong the following week. Looked right at home on the MCG. Has already kicked a clutch goal on the siren to win a match. He has got big game temperament, a cool head, elite kicking skills, great vision and decision making. He's winning games off his own boot in the WAFL, Pitt can barely get a kick. I'm a fan of Pitt but he has only shown his silky skills don't (so far) stand up under pressure in the big time. literally nothing compared to Walters who is a match winner and has shown it, several times.

Yeah I can't fathom why Sheridan isn't named to play. Why do they always have shit WAFL games on TV this year? Peel Vs East Perth Would've been a beauty.
Surely you jest in regards Peel vs EP as a beauty? You do realise East Perth will win by 80+ points. Great game that will be to watch :rolleyes: ..EF vs SD game of the round

You do realise Walters kicked 3 goals in a final vs Geelong (arguably the best defensive team of the modern era) at the G less than 2 years ago? Hardly "given nothing" as you say! Remind me again what Pitt (an early draft pick) has done in the WAFL to date let alone the AFL??? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People bag Pitt because he actually has given us nothing. Walters kicks goals, Pitt can't get a kick. Give me an overweight small goal kicker with a big game temperament (Dew) over a skinny tall flanker with no appetite for the contest (the dozens of 21 year olds who get delisted every year).

I don't think anyone minds you expressing your opinion KPR, it's just that on certain topics you give it so relentlessly and monotonously that it can become a bit tiresome.

Your position regarding Mick Walters, Morabito, how poor our midfield is etc is not without logic or reason, it's just that we've heard the same arguments from you over and over again. That's why some posters can get a bit snarky with their responses.

Anyways Walters' second half from last round is up on youtube for anyone who wants to see how this 'list clogger' turned the game around for Swans on the weekend. Couple of hangers in there as well for good measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBCMuXRM1c&feature=related

Not true. Played an important part in our finals win against the Hawks in 2010 and one of the few to show some ticker against Geelong the following week. Looked right at home on the MCG. Has already kicked a clutch goal on the siren to win a match. He has got big game temperament, a cool head, elite kicking skills, great vision and decision making. He's winning games off his own boot in the WAFL, Pitt can barely get a kick. I'm a fan of Pitt but he has only shown his silky skills don't (so far) stand up under pressure in the big time. literally nothing compared to Walters who is a match winner and has shown it, several times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the most talented player on our list that isn't getting a regular game.

Speed isn't the be all and end all. You can be slow as batshit and still evasive, OR powerful.

examples of both are Wirrpanda/our own Roger Hayden, Jobe Watson would get outrun by a 3 legged tortoise but he's one of the best players in the league. Walters doesn't get caught HTB so why is it even an issue? Stephen Hill gets caught about once a game being run down, it has nothing to do with speed.

If only Walters was a yard or two quicker across the ground.
Just seems to slow for the modern game at having that electric pace at running on to the ball once it gets kicked into space behind the press.

He's agile though. Very f'n agile. And smart.

Nickos66 just mentioned him, but Hayden was slow. It simply doesn't matter if you're bringing other things to the table.

Speed isn't the be all and end all. You can be slow as batshit and still evasive, OR powerful.

examples of both are Wirrpanda/our own Roger Hayden, Jobe Watson would get outrun by a 3 legged tortoise but he's one of the best players in the league. Walters doesn't get caught HTB so why is it even an issue? Stephen Hill gets caught about once a game being run down, it has nothing to do with speed.

I think speed is essential when your limited to one position only, small forward.

Psst, he doesn't rate those guys either E-Shed ;)

Nah, not with the amount of stoppages I50 these days. Pretty sure we lead the AFL in that statistic as well. Clean hands, good skills and footy smarts are much more important.

How often do you see in our games and other matches a small forward with pace running on to a loose ball kicked over the back of the press?

Can't remember where I saw it,but they had a stat on power forwards booting 5+ goals in a game. In 2008 round1- 7 there were 9 forwards who had booted 5+
goals in a game , in 2012 round1- 7 that figure has reduced to a paltry 1.

In today's game I just can't see Walters fitting in.He's got great skills but lacks pace and strength. You look at him and go, yep I could easily brush him aside.

My point I suppose is that many times ive seen on here that we have this superstar sitting on the sidelines, but in how many AFL games has he actually produced? and if he is so good, why has he failed to play games? yet a guy like pitt who is underdeveloped etc doesnt get any leeway... if we give one player so much lattitude why not another??

You do realise Walters kicked 3 goals in a final vs Geelong (arguably the best defensive team of the modern era) at the G less than 2 years ago? Hardly "given nothing" as you say! Remind me again what Pitt (an early draft pick) has done in the WAFL to date let alone the AFL??? :eek:

nothing i suppose is probably a little harsh, i will change that to very little. in four years of afl football he has given us 3 games.... yet he is such sa superstar

I don't think anyone minds you expressing your opinion KPR, it's just that on certain topics you give it so relentlessly and monotonously that it can become a bit tiresome.

Your position regarding Mick Walters, Morabito, how poor our midfield is etc is not without logic or reason, it's just that we've heard the same arguments from you over and over again. That's why some posters can get a bit snarky with their responses.

Anyways Walters' second half from last round is up on youtube for anyone who wants to see how this 'list clogger' turned the game around for Swans on the weekend. Couple of hangers in there as well for good measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBCMuXRM1c&feature=related

fair point, but for every post i put on here about walters... there would be ten hailing how talented he is, how he should be in the 22 etc... reading through that is just as monotonous for me as i suppose what you are saying my posts are. just as i find it monotonous reading about morabito being the second coming in every second thread, but i understand everyone is entitled to their opinion and these threads are for that after all.. discussion, debate and arguments

Psst, he doesn't rate those guys either E-Shed ;)

find me one post where i have bagged duffield? then find one post of recent times where i havent praised johnson for turning his form and career around?

I think it has to be remembered that KPR is probably the only person on this forum that is a bigger idiot than me.

righto... thats a bit rich given your sig

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back