WAFL Performances

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are much better balanced with Pav playing midfield but we absolutely need someone playing as the tall forward. Tarrant is better leading up the ground and delivering it inside the 50. Campbell always makes a contest in the air and brings the ball to ground. If I was Farmer I'd be licking my lips whenever K1W1 crashes a pack. To be honest I've been bewildred by the lack of opportunity given to Campbell this year. I thought with the kind of effort demanded by Harvey he'd be a walk up start. I suppose it's easy to keep thinking that Murphy will finally step up. It's hard to imagine how someone can be so good at WAFL and so disappointing when he hits the big time.

Speaking of small forwards though I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we picked up Richardson with a late pick or rookie spot. I've seen him 2 weeks in a row now and while he didn't get much opportunity yesterday he's such a clever player and suprisingly strong overhead for a small man. Must take a look at Ballantyne next.
Rich was pretty good yesterday. That left boot is a weapon!

We are much better balanced with Pav playing midfield but we absolutely need someone playing as the tall forward. Tarrant is better leading up the ground and delivering it inside the 50. Campbell always makes a contest in the air and brings the ball to ground. If I was Farmer I'd be licking my lips whenever K1W1 crashes a pack. To be honest I've been bewildred by the lack of opportunity given to Campbell this year. I thought with the kind of effort demanded by Harvey he'd be a walk up start. I suppose it's easy to keep thinking that Murphy will finally step up. It's hard to imagine how someone can be so good at WAFL and so disappointing when he hits the big time.

Speaking of small forwards though I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we picked up Richardson with a late pick or rookie spot. I've seen him 2 weeks in a row now and while he didn't get much opportunity yesterday he's such a clever player and suprisingly strong overhead for a small man. Must take a look at Ballantyne next.
Rich was pretty good yesterday. That left boot is a weapon!

We might see an 18 something like this a lot next year.
B- Hayden Grover Dodd
HB- Crowley Mi Johnson Ibbotson
C- Headland Pavlich Schammer
HF- Mayne Tarrant Mundy
F- Solomon McPharlin Hinkley
R- Sandilands Palmer Hasleby

Looks a strong side. :thumbsu:

We might see an 18 something like this a lot next year.
B- Hayden Grover Dodd
HB- Crowley Mi Johnson Ibbotson
C- Headland Pavlich Schammer
HF- Mayne Tarrant Mundy
F- Solomon McPharlin Hinkley
R- Sandilands Palmer Hasleby

Looks a strong side. :thumbsu:

Your key forwards aren't reliable kicks. Would rather Pavlich in there.

In the Worst today-
Dunn-A solid contributor all day
Mourish-Provided a target but didnt have the desired aerial effect:)confused:)
Headland-Emerged unscathed in another hit-out with the ressies
Murphy-Stunning 9 goal effort sure to have him in line for a recall(I wouldn't think so)
Smith-Only 8 touches but tagged Chambers out of the game.

Named in the best-Mourish,Dunn and Hinkley(wheres his write up?)

In the Worst today-
Dunn-A solid contributor all day
Mourish-Provided a target but didnt have the desired aerial effect:)confused:)
Headland-Emerged unscathed in another hit-out with the ressies
Murphy-Stunning 9 goal effort sure to have him in line for a recall(I wouldn't think so)
Smith-Only 8 touches but tagged Chambers out of the game.

Named in the best-Mourish,Dunn and Hinkley(wheres his write up?)

Sorry, it wasn't very flattering. If he was in our best then that journo needs to go and actually watch a game!

Im going to the Swans, Subi game tomorrow so I might be able to report on how some of the guys go.

Cheer Cheer the Blue and the White :D

After seeing how Murph went about it today I think he is gone at the end of the season. Was fairly average and just doesnt' seem to want to put up the effort required.

I saw the first half of Swans/Subi. Pretty good footy. Poor old Brad Smith had the yips something terrible trying to get his 100th. kicked about 0.3 3-OOBOTD in the first half.
Nick Nat is interesting. I hadn't realised how big he really is up close. He is a phenomenal tap ruck and a fierce tackle. At one point he had a few bounces and ran up the ground and looked pretty special. The only thing that worried me was that he doesn't seem to demand the ball. There were many times when he was in a position to make a lead or link up and he just kept running ahead of the ball. Doesn't appear to be a strong mark either. Still the potential upside is amazing. I'd be happy enough if we took him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we took Hill, Thornton could finally be ****ed off.

Beautiful rebound, decision making and skills. Top notch.

He's like a better MiJ, or Dion Woods with more speed.

His strength/ size is an issue though.

Mourish was the best of our lot - and that's not saying much.... but at least he seems to want the ball. Murphy is so ****ing lazy... he was pathetic today. Dunn spent most of the second half getting work on his right hamstring, but managed to go back on with 10 minutes to go. Ran in the forward line around not doing much, but went into the middle and managed to get the clearance that ended up with the Sharks getting a double goal, and sealing the match. I would say all three will be goneski at the end of the year if today was any indication... maybe Mourish might get one more year on the rookie list, but if Murph is still with us, I would have to wonder exactly what the thinking is...

If we took Hill, Thornton could finally be ****ed off.

Beautiful rebound, decision making and skills. Top notch.

He's like a better MiJ, or Dion Woods with more speed.

His strength/ size is an issue though.

In about 3 years time :D

I can't see Hill playing too much AFL next year, he is very lightly built.

In about 3 years time :D

I can't see Hill playing too much AFL next year, he is very lightly built.
As is Thornton. Doesn't stop him getting a game though. As does it not stop him getting smashed in every contest.

He would be like Hinkley this year you would imagine. Based on form, would play more than not, but not able to.

But an enormous talent none the less.

Cheer Cheer the Blue and the White :D

After seeing how Murph went about it today I think he is gone at the end of the season. Was fairly average and just doesnt' seem to want to put up the effort required.

Sounds like a win and win situation Rev. :thumbsu:

Mourish was the best of our lot - and that's not saying much.... but at least he seems to want the ball. Murphy is so ****ing lazy... he was pathetic today. Dunn spent most of the second half getting work on his right hamstring, but managed to go back on with 10 minutes to go. Ran in the forward line around not doing much, but went into the middle and managed to get the clearance that ended up with the Sharks getting a double goal, and sealing the match. I would say all three will be goneski at the end of the year if today was any indication... maybe Mourish might get one more year on the rookie list, but if Murph is still with us, I would have to wonder exactly what the thinking is...

Hope your kids had a good day IP. ;)

One kid. Not kids. The sensible ones are also feeling a little disappointed right now. :p

Are you sure he is yours?

There is still time for the others to come round, especially after appreciating the comforts of Moss St today. :D

At least they got to see it though, it would be nice if the ABC could manage to telecast a real derby once a year.:thumbsu:

It was just the two of us anyway. Bit of a tradition we've established which we used to include the others in, but have now decided we like it better when it's just us. Every WAFL derby we can manage (and of course there is only one real WAFL derby).... we head off - him in his blue and white, me in my red and white.

TBH I think this is only the second win he's seen :)D), so I can hardly begrudge him 2 wins in the 7 or so years we've been going. :p

I was at Swans/Subi today.

Naitanui did some really good stuff but doesn't work hard enough forward and back.
Luke Newick showed the way to beat him: Jump early and get position and smash him up.
Daniel Rich: I am conflicted here...this kid did some really classy stuff and kicked one very nice goal on the run and one after working his way through a pack...but I watched him pretty closely and he is so lazy when he doesn't have the ball it's not funny...at one stage the ball came out of Subi's back line with him standing on the edge of the square and he didn't break out of a walk until the ball hit the wing...if I was a tagger I would love to play on him...you'd only run 2km a game.
When he has to though, he has a good turn of pace

Our boys:
Hinkley - ordinary at best. Missed an easy running goal in the last. Had a couple of good passages in the the third where he made space and kicked well inside fifty, otherwise not really doing much. Copped a corky in the arse in the last too.

Dessie - played a full game of league. Was quite good I thought, used the ball well, got a goal or two, ran reasonably hard, but was blowing like a steam train.

Chris Smith - Didn't really notice him that much...but did one nice run through the center.

Others of note.

Wolfenden was ok, but makes Richardson from claremont look like an iron man.

Adam Cockie - Used the ball well. Could be worth a late pick.
Darren Rumble - beat any spud full forward swans threw up there...good body on body.

Clancee Pearce - This kid will be very good. Works hard, smothers, nice kick...needs some fitness.

Jeffery Garlett is the standout small forward potential that I have seen this year. Reasonably tall, maybe a smidge under 6 feet, still light framed though. Quick and evasive. Knows where the goals are and kicked three or 4. Touch of the Jeffery Farmer about him. I would take hime before going anywhere near Richardson or Ballantyne.

Yarran didn't play

The Derby was very entertaining but marred by a lot of very poor disposal. Murphy, Dunn and Mourish were all very ordinary. Liam Anthony was a standout from the rest. This boy can play.

The Derby was very entertaining but marred by a lot of very poor disposal. Murphy, Dunn and Mourish were all very ordinary. Liam Anthony was a standout from the rest. This boy can play.
Me and Chrsco have been saying this for months now. :p

Would be close to our best 22 straight up.

Clearance machine and runs as hard as you couldn't believe. Only 20 iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back