WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he would. Averaging 25 possessions, 11 marks, 3 tackles and a goal a game for Swans.
TBH Hes one of those players that Swans have, that is too good for Wafl level but not really good enough for AFL level.
Hope Im wrong though, but all signs point that way....

We don't necessarily need Pearce to be a star - just a solid, dependable player who does his job. Every premiership team has them. As long as he's no liability like Peake was to St Kilda

WAFL Rd 8

EP v SD

EP: Shepheard

PD v CT (ABC TV game)

P: Sibosado

C: Schammer

EF v PT

EF: Griffin, Bucovaz

PT: Crichton, Michie

WP v SF

WP: Mellington

BYE: Subiaco

At least we know Sibo will get a kick.. Schammer will deliver it lace out to him

Pffft Schammer doesn't pass to the opposition

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/9320691/wafl-whispers-big-boys-try-to-muscle-in/

Schammer started his comeback match on the bench for the Tigers on Saturday but came on at the seven minute mark in the first quarter.

He accepted a handball from a team-mate and then ducked and dived around a couple of West Perth opponents before setting off on a long run towards the northern goals.

The only problem was that Claremont were kicking to the southern end, a fact which appeared to have eluded Schammer as he finally got within range.

He could have slammed a goal on his right foot but preferred to go with the left which sent the ball wobbling through for a minor score and a forced behind to open West Perth's scoring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You missed the next bit:

"Schammer's radar improved rapidly in the next minute or so as he confirmed when he accepted a pass from Lewis Broome and ran into the right goals this time to put Claremont's second on the board."

Any chance you edit for The West?

Schammer also kicked another goal for the match as well and had a number of effective possessions, maybe I should have put up the whole damn match report would that have been better?

I think everyone could use some good news after the game today...

Clayton Hinkley is back!

He played for Swans Districts in the reserves today, and finished as their leading disposal winner with 18. Also recorded the 4 I50's and a match high 7 tackles.

Clayton Hinkley is back!

He played for Swans Districts in the reserves today, and finished as their leading disposal winner with 18. Also recorded the 4 I50's and a match high 7 tackles.

At least another is off the injury list. The rest of WAFL bunch:
- Boucavz: 20 possessions 5 tackles
- Griffin: 15 possessions, 4 marks, 38 HO, 5 I50
- Mitchie: 21 possessions, 4 marks, 4 I50
- Crichton: 17 possessions, 4 marks, 8 Tackles
- Shepheard: 13 possessions, 5 marks, 2 goals 3 behinds
- Schammer: 21 possessions, 8 marks, 6 I50, 2 goals
- Sibosado: 11 Possessions (played backline but not on Chad Jones)
- Mellington: 16 possessions, 6 marks, 7 I50, 2 goals 2 behinds

Not much can change from the Freo team that played an awful second half today, probably only the following:
Anthony, Crowley, Crichton & Mitchie

Not much can change from the Freo team that played an awful second half today, probably only the following:

Good stats for Buccoo, Shep and Michie, and Scham and Mello look like the had an impact. Don't know that they are all ready to step up yet, but at least some good news...

Clayton Hinkley is back!

I thought you said good news? I was looking for it and this is what I found? :confused::p

Is a great runner, not a footballer. OK, he made some good runs today and didn't get used, but at least 2 of those 4 I50s were horrible. Disposal and decision making is very average, at best.

Shepheard, was surprised by his stats. Has good skills and agility but, as I've said before, doesn't will himself into contests and like half of Swans forward line, watch it as it get runs out. Missed a couple of relatively easy goals though, so could've looked better for him.

Shame Jack Anthony didn't get a chance to play. Don't think he's done super well in the WAFL but probably a spot there for him in the big leagues unless a few of our forwards pull their finger out.

Big fan of Harvey, but mate, why drop Crowley 'to regain some form and confidence' when Subi had a bye, the week after Freo had a bye. We could have at least played him last weekend instead of giving him 2 weeks off at a time where he needs to be playing. :confused: Now we'll consider bringing him back after two weeks off.

Want to see Schammer given another go, but only after a solid month of good WAFL form. He deserves one last chance at it this year and better to do that with all these injuries than later in the year when we're gunning for the finals and hoping to have essential players coming back in. Don't forget the investment we put into this guy.

Injury issue is beginning to turn small wins into losses. We've covered a lot of injuries with our depth of reasonable players (at this stage of their career), but the cumulative effect of having those depth players all out there is hurting us.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back