WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but what I'm saying is we should have played Crowley in the WAFL last week. Now he's missed two weeks. By the time he hits the park, whether it's in the AFL or WAFL, it will have been three weeks since he played. That's poor management of a player that we know can be so valuable to us when in form.

Crowley was playing terribly. If Harvey's serious, he'll drop Johnson at the next available opportunity.

The 2 teams we actually need MJ for are West Coast and Essendon, they have the ability to go very tall.

It pains me to say this.

Sibbo was on C.Jones for about a 15-20 min period in the first half, and Jones Kicked 3 (maybe 4) of his bag for the day.. Now im not blaming Sibbo entirely as the ball coming in was like a tidal wave of unpressured ball.. but throughout the game he kept getting beaten in 1 on 1 contests, pushed off the ball and look a little lost at times as well... Is not close to AFL standard as yet it pains me to say.

Schammer was his usual self.. got plenty of it, dont think he directly turned it over at all for a change. He still cannot kick a ball to advantage, if his target is unopposed he is fine, but if its to a leading target or a contest he just floats it somewhere in the vicinity and thats good enough. Keep trying Byron.

The 2 teams we actually need MJ for are West Coast and Essendon, they have the ability to go very tall.

It pains me to say this.

Yeah, it's utterly depressing. We're watching a heartless Connolly cruiser out there. He knows his position in the team is a given. Poor list management to let him get away with it.

WTF is it that MJ is supposed to have done this week? I'm just watching the Richmond game for the first time and he seems to be going ok.
I was expecting to see Pav playing like Brendan Fewster but so far he's had plenty of clearances, kicked a nice goal on the run.
Fair dinkum the mob mentality that is ruling this board at the moment is actually quite depressing. People are seemingly making judgements based on group prejudice rather than any basis in fact.

totally agree with you E shed, we have one bad quarter and a half. then everyone is saying how pav shouldn't be in the middle, if it wasn't for pav being in the middle we would be 2/4 instead of 4/2. but do agree that anthony needs to come in for some one but don't know who. ( not mayne!!)

WTF is it that MJ is supposed to have done this week? I'm just watching the Richmond game for the first time and he seems to be going ok.
I was expecting to see Pav playing like Brendan Fewster but so far he's had plenty of clearances, kicked a nice goal on the run.
Fair dinkum the mob mentality that is ruling this board at the moment is actually quite depressing. People are seemingly making judgements based on group prejudice rather than any basis in fact.
Trouble with this board E shed is the **it stirring freagle trolls who seem to have carte blanche with the mods :mad:

Johnson has lost his MoJo and needs to find it again. He was part of our leadership group last season and there is an expectation that he can play football. No one is hiding behind prejudice or being an eagles troll, all any one wants is the MJ of 2006 to come back and show us how the games played.

Did you miss his kick in the first that went straight to the opposition? Did you miss his terrible loopy kick to a Richmond player in the last?

Are you missing Cotchin tear him a new one the other way? Are you missing the complete ineffectiveness of his disposals?

I mean, are you actually watching the game, or just applauding every time a Freo player has possession, no matter what?

Johnson has lost his MoJo and needs to find it again. He was part of our leadership group last season and there is an expectation that he can play football. No one is hiding behind prejudice or being an eagles troll, all any one wants is the MJ of 2006 to come back and show us how the games played.

I'm not a Johnson fan, but it strikes me as a bit like the Nicoski scenario (not comparing abilities, just situations they find themselves in), everyone wanted him out of the team and it's taken a good few years for his mojo to return.

On other WAFL news, Chink makes his long awaited (well, not by me, but that's a story for another time) return for the Black Ducks. He would seem to have a fair bit to prove to the match committee the rest of the season, let's see if he can do it.

You thought Johnson had a good game?

You think Johnson has had a good start to the season?

100 gamer, capable of giving us so much more at the moment. He should be a leader, yet he gives us serviceable.

I couldn't care less if everyone on this board was voting him player of they year, I am still shitty that he really did not grab that Cats game for us when he had the opportunity.

Pav was no where near as bad as some say, however when the game went up in pace ...we were too big. The faster we get options at the selection table the better.

With Kep up and about, Mayne/Pav/Luke ....just need Barlow and SNOS back and he is under massive pressure especially against teams that are going to try and run us.

I'd love him to wake up on his own accord, however I think a WAFL call is on the cards ....my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You thought Johnson had a good game?

You think Johnson has had a good start to the season?

100 gamer, capable of giving us so much more at the moment. He should be a leader, yet he gives us serviceable.

I couldn't care less if everyone on this board was voting him player of they year, I am still shitty that he really did not grab that Cats game for us when he had the opportunity.

Pav was no where near as bad as some say, however when the game went up in pace ...we were too big. The faster we get options at the selection table the better.

With Kep up and about, Mayne/Pav/Luke ....just need Barlow and SNOS back and he is under massive pressure especially against teams that are going to try and run us.

I'd love him to wake up on his own accord, however I think a WAFL call is on the cards ....my opinion.

No it wasn't a good game, and no his start has been poor. I'm just a little tired of him being constantly singled out as the cause of all our woes. He played a roll in the backline against Richmond and seemed to be sticking to his man and doing his bit. Yes he was serviceable and yes I understand he should be more. But I still think he's maligned in terms of his efforts for how much flack he cops. I probably defend him more than he deserves but that's the way I am. I like the guy.

I'm just a little tired of him being constantly singled out as the cause of all our woes.

It's simpler than that E Shed. Every week there is a thread on this board regarding the changes for our upcoming game. The players who played poorly from tour most recent game will always get a mention. If you continually put in a poor performance - say 5 out of 6 games - you will get mentioned more than most.

If he starts to play well, he'll find himself in the same situation as McPhee this season. There are always going to be people that just don't rate him, but most of us will stop being critical, when he gives us a reason to. The criticism of MJ is ongoing, because his poor form is ongoing.

I'm not a Johnson fan, but it strikes me as a bit like the Nicoski scenario (not comparing abilities, just situations they find themselves in), everyone wanted him out of the team and it's taken a good few years for his mojo to return.

I watched the West Coast/Essendon game with a mate who's an eagles supporter and Nicoski was having a shot and I sad "Don't get too excited he's not a great kick" then he kicked 2 goals in the space of a minute. :eek:

It's simpler than that E Shed. Every week there is a thread on this board regarding the changes for our upcoming game. The players who played poorly from tour most recent game will always get a mention. If you continually put in a poor performance - say 5 out of 6 games - you will get mentioned more than most.

If he starts to play well, he'll find himself in the same situation as McPhee this season. There are always going to be people that just don't rate him, but most of us will stop being critical, when he gives us a reason to. The criticism of MJ is ongoing, because his poor form is ongoing.

Exactly. Very well put.

Based on form and contribution, MJ deserves all the flak he is getting. 6 possessions with 2 clangers vs Richmond is a poor game by anyone's standards let alone a senior player of MJ's potential who has basically dished that up all year.

I think MJ's form at the end of last season adds another aspect to it. He was absolutely sensational in round 22, Elim Final and Semi Final. One of the players of the finals for us in fact. We all hoped he'd turned the corner.

To go from that to what he is dishing up is almost absurd. There aren't any excuses anymore 7 rounds into the season. Broughton is 'doing a lock down job' and sacrificing his own game for the team at the moment but he has still been a valuable player and contributor (he was a bit off against Richmond I admit).

I hope its only lack of replacements that is keeping MJ in the team becoz he has been less than average for most of the time - even McPhee was doing the 1% and blocking for teammates etc last year. Ironically, its probably becoz MJ isn't as important structurally or dynamically that he continues to stay in the team rather than the other way around. That and injuries.

If MJ stands up and plays a good game, we'll all say 'About bloody time!'. And if he backs that up the following week, most of us will be happy. But until that happens, wanting him to earn his spot and play somewhere close to ability and experience is very reasonable. Pretty simple, really.

...anywho..

Heading to the CL v EF game tomorrow.. im assuming ill be seeing Rhys have a run now.. hopefully he tears it up :thumbsu:

Rhys and Buca playing for Easts.

Rhys has been pretty good except once again he shat himself in front of goals.

25 metres out directly in front, honestly I reckon I'd probably kick that myself 9/10 so for an AFL player not to have the confidence to go back an nail it is pretty sad.

He played on and handballed over the top to O'Brien who fumbled it.

Other than that though :thumbsu:

The guy was wide open, an the handball was there if he didnt give it off they would of been upset an called him selfish an greedy.
He barely knows the guys hes playing with, so an unselfish thing like that helps get them all on his side.
Was just the handball was too slow an high.
Then the guy fumbled it,if he didnt fumble it he still had enough time to turn an kicka goal.
Not a great decision but his good far outweighs the bad from what ive seen so far.

Much better player running through midfield.
Knows how to find space an is a big body so can do the contested stuff aswell.
Should be playing Pavs role in midfield for freo.

Griffin playing for the sharks as well.

What game are you watching?

Has done sweet FA around the ground...just 2 touches to 1/2 time! Missed an easy goal...sure, he can win hit outs, but as soon as Zac is back to fitness & form, Griff will be back to #3 choice ruck

Sorry...but he's been a BIG disappointment this game so far.

Palmer is probably 2nd BOG for Sharks...I think his 2nd goal which was a fluke more than anything gave him a real confidence boost to take players on again.

Bucovaz has been so-so as a defender - would want to step up a hell of a lot more or his last chance will be long gone...

Schammer has provided run but still does stupid things now & again...but still probably one of Claremont's best....

Looks like Michie & Hinkley having good games - going from stats only....

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back