WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

A 'Bad' game yesterday, 8 goals kicked on him by Chad Jones the week before, Can't see him turning it around in a hurry. I've long been the optimist for Sibo but unless he's winning WAFL player of the round consistently he's as good as cut.

Sibo is not setting the world on fire at the moment in the WAFL, it is true. Can anyone please tell me what other Key position prospects that we have in our ranks at the moment for the future of our club? In the coming years when Grover, Elvis and Pav retire after many years of magnificent service who do we have to replace them? Really, who is next in line?

With the massive draft concessions given to GWS and Gold Coast how soon do you think we will be able to get our hands on an excellent key position prospect? It is just a little bit early in the season to be cutting players dont you think? Give the guy at least the chance to prove himself, if he doesnt then he is most likely going to be in trouble. if he does then I think that we really may have something special.

SNOS
Faulks
Keps
Houghton
Moller

The next few drafts should also see this list grow, pinning the hopes of our full-back stocks on a rookie going backwards in his final year on the list Isn't the way we'll be going. And While Faulks hasn't been setting the world on fire in his 1st few months on the list, he's a proven performer at VFL level as was SNOS so i'm more than confident with these guys getting the job down done the line with whoever else we draft for the role.

The stats for Perth on wafootball.com.au are only to about half time, so Sibbo may have had a bit more of the ball than the 5 possessions or so.

I noticed in the wafl stats for the East Freo colts that there is a C Sandilands who ended up with 7 possessions and 19 hitouts. Has to be Chad Sandilands, Aaron's bro (Aaron is also an Easts boy).

Interesting how so many of the Freo guys have brothers coming through - Morabito, De Boer, Hill, Sandi.

SNOS
Faulks
Keps
Houghton
Moller

The next few drafts should also see this list grow, pinning the hopes of our full-back stocks on a rookie going backwards in his final year on the list Isn't the way we'll be going. And While Faulks hasn't been setting the world on fire in his 1st few months on the list, he's a proven performer at VFL level as was SNOS so i'm more than confident with these guys getting the job down done the line with whoever else we draft for the role.

Add into that Anthony and Morabitto, and I am not sure what Bucca's actual on-field role would be. I agree that it would be great to have Sibasado pushing up, and that we need to recruit in the "talls" area, but his future is in his own hands.

Add into that Anthony and Morabitto, and I am not sure what Bucca's actual on-field role would be. I agree that it would be great to have Sibasado pushing up, and that we need to recruit in the "talls" area, but his future is in his own hands.

That is all anyone can ask for Gav. He has the tools and he has the talent. The rest is up to him to make it happen. Our recruiters have done an amazing job with limited selections over the last 3 plus years. I am sure that there is more talent yet to be unearthed in our existing list with players like Faulks and Buca.

I think that SNOS and Morabito are already in our best 22 but not in key positions. The beauty of Sibo is that if he fully develops he will be able to take a tall or a small. I just hope that he makes the cut. Bear in mind everyone that there were people calling on us to not elevate De Boer, cut McPhee and Bradley. Grover was past it and Van Berlo should never have been elevated. It is a matter of time and development, especially with the bigger bodied players. They just need our support in the meantime. After all, he was a Rookie selection. Not our number 1 draft pick!

Sibo only had Jones for the first half. And we still don't know who he played on yesterday.

Unless he kept his opponent statless then it's a pretty disappointing performance at WAFL level. Really, players that are at the level we need should be in the best half dozen players on the ground every week.

As chinggis noted, the stats for Perth were only recorded until half time. So far, people are writing him off after one half. A half which seemingly nobody actually witnessed.

Prior to this, he has been going about his football quite well from most reports. Generally gets positive reviews from Simon Lloyd in regards to his defensive work.

Unless he kept his opponent statless then it's a pretty disappointing performance at WAFL level. Really, players that are at the level we need should be in the best half dozen players on the ground every week.

How many Key Position defenders do you see in the best half dozen every week? It does not matter how well they play, they will still not get stats, recognition or votes that their vital position deserves.

I was at the game and i reckon his turnovers had a big say in the out come of the game imo he's not a key position player, he's probably more of a flanker.
Can he take the next step i doubt it very much, from what i've seen, read alot of complaints about MJ, well Sibo isn't good enough to carry his bag to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game and i reckon his turnovers had a big say in the out come of the game imo he's not a key position player, he's probably more of a flanker.
Can he take the next step i doubt it very much, from what i've seen, read alot of complaints about MJ, well Sibo isn't good enough to carry his HAND-bag to the ground.

efa

Surely sibo cant be that bad, not being good enough to carry MJ's hand bag is pretty bad.....

It was a BEAUTIFUL kick! Seriously though, I want him to get more of it and push for elevation but screaming to cut a potential key position player for us at this early stage. Especially one with such talent would be a major mistake!

Yeah look, i too have been an optimist when it comes to our rookies because of our recrutiing. But he is his third year ffs and i don't think he has come close to a debut. You can hardly say that he hasn't been given an opportunity to show what he has. Hamish too is another whom i think hasn't shown us enough. Considering Clancee is probably in danger of being delisted and he has played a few games for us and shown he can be handy, i would say that a third year rookie who hasn't even debuted would be shown the door. I think Sibo may possibly be retained due to his talent, but then again we have kept players way too long because of supposed 'talent'. In saying that i hope these boys prove me wrong, would like nothing better but i don't see either getting elevated, barring a spectacular shift in performance.

How many Key Position defenders do you see in the best half dozen every week? It does not matter how well they play, they will still not get stats, recognition or votes that their vital position deserves.

Are you suggesting that's the problem here? Sibosado is actually performing brilliantly but not getting the stats, recognition or votes he deserves?

Ahhh! I have missed Brades going for the pathetic little snipe! Let me check, who knows more about football. Emma Quayle (award winning journalist and Under 18 talent expert) or Brades in Adelaide who gets to see Freo up to 2 times a year!

Hold on, let me think about it! LOL.:rolleyes:
Me. Emma Quayle U18 talent expert? lawl no. I'd go with attempted expert, but fails miserably.

Sibosado looks overweight to me.

A guy who is on his last chance to make the big league shouldn't be carrying any extra kilos.

It doesn't look good for him IMO.

The stats listed on WAFL online are only through until about half time. If you look at the total Perth only had about 200 possessions and didn't lose by much really so obviously isn't correct. Sunday times had his possessions as about 11 - 12 from memory with 5 - 6 kicks. They listed something about his game being undiscliplined. According to Lloyd's early WAFL season reports he was travelling a lot better than expected due to interupted pre-season. But over the past 3 weeks his form has dropped away a bit like our top side unfortunately. He did start on Chad Jones last week but was shifted when he had four goals kicked on him midway through the second quarter and then played quite well thereafter as a flanker.

He struggled in a game last year that I watched on ABC when matched up against C. Wilson (Sth Fremantle). I've watced other games where he glides around with pin point passes and sliding in front of packs taking good marks. Has the talent for more of a flanker role not sure whether he is up to it as a KPI and that is what Freo need. As much as both he and Shep have loads of talent I think unlikely that either will make the grade unfortunately.

I see a few Swan Districts games. Generally have to catch up on them, rather than watching them live obviously. With Hinkley out and Coniglio overseas, I can't say I have felt the need to watch them yet this season. Although I am interested in how Jacky is going.

I like Swannies, but I think it's fair to say his reports aren't always without bias. He isn't a Hinkley fan, and it's amazing how everything seems so much worse when you don't like someone. I like to couple his report with that from the Fremantle website which is generally pretty positive, especially when it comes to his attack.

I'm just having fun though, I don't get to talk about Hinkley very often. I do promise not to talk him up if he ever has a 1 kick game though.

You got that right, but I'm not a fan of Robinson, Williams add 10 other Swans players atm. :eek: I actually saw Hinkley go hard into a pack on Saturday and I said "holy hell, was that who I think it was?". So kudos to him for that. He certainly is a very good athlete though.:)

I was unimpressed with every one of Swans players in the last quarter, no guts or committment to the cause, so I won't single any player out for that.:)

Well I've kept an eye as closely as I could on Sibosado since he came to the club. Having watched a number of his WAFL games (and every scratchie he's turned out for us in) I can assure you he is talented. Mentally he might be a bit fragile for the big time but it won't be lack of talent responsible if he doesn't make it.
He's freakish at times, capable of exciting high marks, a superb kick, has a wonderful build and size for footy and moves like a groover.
Definitely a late bloomer but I still have high hopes.

Seeing all the debate on Sibo, maybe it's time to throw forward again? Or in the ruck, just for a couple of short stints, look what that's done for McDougall's game? I like what I've seen, just he's not showing enough of it at the moment.

Having seen most of Casey's games at Perth in the last few years I would say the most alarming thing is that his decision making is getting worse. Last year he was inconsistent but would do things that made you think he is worth perservering with. This season he just looks lost out there, dropping marks, missing spoils, turnovers galore and shitting himself when under pressure.

I am sure that he will play well when Perth are controlling the game, yes i know which isnt very often, but when up against teams who have a high level of forward pressure such as West Perth on the weekend he just gets made to look like he isnt up to WAFL class. This wouldnt be a concern if he was a first year player but Casey is into his third year on the list and really has made no improvement whatsoever.

He could end up being a serviceable WAFL player but if we are banking on him to be a replacement for groves and mcpharlin we are going to be dissapointed. For what its worth I do hope Im proved wrong.

You got that right, but I'm not a fan of Robinson, Williams add 10 other Swans players atm. :eek: I actually saw Hinkley go hard into a pack on Saturday and I said "holy hell, was that who I think it was?". So kudos to him for that. He certainly is a very good athlete though.:)

There is probably a place for lightning quick taggers in the AFL though. Speed on transition to attack trhough a forward press by the other team is key which is why the loss of Ballantyne hurt us so much yesterday. I see Hinkley able to (as a start) to maybe play as a defender on guys like Jeff Garlett, Leroy Jetta, Lewis Jetta, Dangerfield - if his tackling intensity is up to it. We are getting hurt on the rebound badly by blokes like this.

Bouca playing well on the TV.

Looking at Peel Subiaco game - both Anthony and Faulks have been stuck on 1 possession and 3 possesions respectively so not sure whether both of clashed heads or something but not looking too good especially for Anthony.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back