WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel a bit for Anthony in the fact that I don't think he should have been dropped for the game against Port. In a lot of ways would have been a good way to get him involved in the team more. The WCE game was awful all round for all players.

Having said that it's no excuse not to go back and perform at the WAFL level. He's a professional footballer and should know better.

Darling had problems we didn't want - I think during the round 4 or 5 Fox League Teams Parko was almost frothing at the mouth when talking about his problems

the other panel members were busy fapping over how good he was and Parko was the only one who mentioned his off-field problems and implied he wouldn't want someone "like that" at his club

Fit right in at the Eagles

Darling had problems we didn't want - I think during the round 4 or 5 Fox League Teams Parko was almost frothing at the mouth when talking about his problems

the other panel members were busy fapping over how good he was and Park was the only one who mentioned his off-field problems and implied he wouldn't want someone "like that" at his club

Fit right in at the Eagles

Yeah he does. He is playing like an absolute gun and the Eagles have improved out of sight this year.
I would rather a premiership and a guy with a bit of attitude

Getting handies from women while on school camp. I never heard of any major problems with Darling but there must have been something there for him to slide from top 4 pick to where he was taken. I wish we had him, will be a star of the competition in no time.

I don't understand the issue with him getting a handie on school camp?
Thats not a character issue, its more of an issue if he didn't get one on a year 12 school camp........

Getting handies from women while on school camp. I never heard of any major problems with Darling but there must have been something there for him to slide from top 4 pick to where he was taken. I wish we had him, will be a star of the competition in no time.

Maybe he played up on the "off-field issues" to 16 of the 17 clubs.

I've heard there was a fair bit more to the school camp story but it's nothing I can say without getting sued.

Plus I have no idea if the info I heard was reliable anyway.

Didn't his parents go ahead with trying to stop the school expelling/suspending him? From memory they came across worse than he did, what was reported was certainly worth the punishment but not exactly the worst thing kids have done on a school camp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Annnnnyway, back on topic...

I'l be interested to see if Jack is released to play WAFL, given Ballas may be hurt and might drop out late. Anyone else think that even if Ballas drops out, they might go for Clarke as the late replacement instead of JA?? I think Jack might need to show a bit more positive energy at WAFL level, no better chance than Subi's next 4 matches - hope he comes good for them...

Shep and Sibbo are both obviously in the gun to improve from their WAFL efforts last week, but it sounds like Hinkley, Schammer and to an extent Pitt have all been going OK.

Any idea who Sibbo is likely to be matched up on this week?

Any idea who Sibbo is likely to be matched up on this week?

He was matched up on Jack Anthony last time the teams met, and it was a good contest. If Jack is released to play, i reckon they'll match up again. Subiaco's team doesn't have Jack in it as yet, but could be released to play on the Saturday. Other possibilities could be Darren Rumble (188cm/94kg) or Scott Douglas (200cm/109kg) if he rests up fwd. More likely Douglas as Aaron Zucconi tends to take the more gorilla-esque ones.

Very good. :):thumbsu:

I'm still expecting him to explode onto the scene, myself.

Good one chops, our injury list is out at 13 and you want Faulksy to do this on debut:
nuclear-explosion.jpg

He was matched up on Jack Anthony last time the teams met, and it was a good contest. If Jack is released to play, i reckon they'll match up again. Subiaco's team doesn't have Jack in it as yet, but could be released to play on the Saturday. Other possibilities could be Darren Rumble (188cm/94kg) or Scott Douglas (200cm/109kg) if he rests up fwd. More likely Douglas as Aaron Zucconi tends to take the more gorilla-esque ones.

Update: Sibasado is not playing for PFC on the weekend. He is now listed as an out with no explanation

It's time.

I've yet to seriously mention him as a candidate to pull on the purple this season, preferring him to gain some match fitness in the seconds, but his return is imminent and next Sunday should be the day.

Clayton Hinkley had another 19 disposals today, including 7 in the final quarter (1 less than Walters had for the whole game). After a month in the WAFL, Hinkley is averaging 20 touches and 5 tackles a game.

I know it's a crazy thought and the opposite of our game plan so far this season, but imagine having someone who can not only run but actually has genuine speed in our midfield. Or perhaps we could even follow the lead of the other 16 clubs, and pick a substitute who can come on and inject some life into our team?

I'm not suggesting he would have been the difference today, but then again...need I remind everyone of his Brownlow vote polling game?

It's time.

I've yet to seriously mention him as a candidate to pull on the purple this season, preferring him to gain some match fitness in the seconds, but his return is imminent and next Sunday should be the day.

Clayton Hinkley had another 19 disposals today, including 7 in the final quarter (1 less than Walters had for the whole game). After a month in the WAFL, Hinkley is averaging 20 touches and 5 tackles a game.

I know it's a crazy thought and the opposite of our game plan so far this season, but imagine having someone who can not only run but actually has genuine speed in our midfield. Or perhaps we could even follow the lead of the other 16 clubs, and pick a substitute who can come on and inject some life into our team?

I'm not suggesting he would have been the difference today, but then again...need I remind everyone of his Brownlow vote polling game?

I'd be willing to give him a go, see if he shows more heart than some of the other *ahem* "team mates" today.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back