WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong mail indicates Palmer will be used for a pick from Gws which we will then pass onto another club, with a pick of ours for a W.A player who wants out of his current predicament.

Are you going to name names or are you going to leave us in suspenders? From what others have said about Palmer he may not be happy about that.

Wow, Daniel Rich! Palmer + what to get him GordonGecko

Sorry folks, clue me in here.

What is the big deal about Daniel Rich? Why would we want him instead of Palmer? I know the theory is that Rich wants to come home, but why would we get rid of Palmer so that Rich could come to the club?

I know Rich is a good kick. But what else does he have that makes him a better midfielder than Palmer? Is Rich a really good inside mid? Palmer was certainly no slouch in 2008.

Honestly. No sarcasm here... what does Rich bring to the table that warrants us losing what Palmer can?

Sorry folks, clue me in here.

What is the big deal about Daniel Rich? Why would we want him instead of Palmer? I know the theory is that Rich wants to come home, but why would we get rid of Palmer so that Rich could come to the club?

I know Rich is a good kick. But what else does he have that makes him a better midfielder than Palmer? Is Rich a really good inside mid? Palmer was certainly no slouch in 2008.

Honestly. No sarcasm here... what does Rich bring to the table that warrants us losing what Palmer can?

Sorry it was more surprise than glee.

If ever there was the option of 1 or the other i'd take Rich. Better head on his shoulders, leadership type. Elite kick and digs the hard ball out like Rich but disposes of it better. May not have as good tank but you could bet that would be worked on.

Alas, Us getting Rich? I think we'd have more chance of winning the premiership this year...

If ever there was the option of 1 or the other i'd take Rich. Better head on his shoulders, leadership type. Elite kick and digs the hard ball out like Rich but disposes of it better. May not have as good tank but you could bet that would be worked on.

Alas, Us getting Rich? I think we'd have more chance of winning the premiership this year...[/quote]

Yes the last i heard he said he wanted to stay at Brisbane and help in the rebuild of a new team.

There is so much wrong with this I'm struggling for a starting point...

In every single area you are criticising Palmer in - other than when you're just plain wrong - he is better at than Schammer. Every single area. He's faster, taller, better at winning the ball, stronger, smarter, cleaner, the list goes on and on and on.

On the highlighted section, based on the games that Palmer has actually played as a midfielder - by my count there have been 3 and a quarter (Geelong) - he's shown that he has no trouble winning the ball. Even last season, he was our most prolific ball winner when it was broken down to TOG v Disposals.

Typo. It missed about half the sentence to be honest, not sure what happened. It should've read something like the following:

"...can't hold his ground, but apart from that it's like they're the same player..."

Point is, you're wrong.

Palmer has his flaws, but he brings a hell of a lot more to the table than Schammer. There is also a lot more benefit long-term in getting Palmer back to his best.
Your opinion of Palmer is of the player he was three seasons ago.

If Palmer is better at winning the ball, why isn't he involved in games in any meaningfull way?
If Palmer is cleaner with the ball, why is every second kick off his boot an absolute munger? Why are his hands shit?
If Palmer is stronger why do his tackles not stick? Why does he not contest the ball or man harder?
If Palmer is tall, why does he provide absolutely nothing aerially?

You cook up bullshit and pass it off as fact. Able to hold his ground better? Keeps his feet more? Fumbles less? Please.

Palmers form and confidence are at the point where they are a liability to the team.

Palmer would be in the 5? shortest guys in our club, ok, he's taller, but thats like saying a midget is better than a pygmy. The important thing about height, is it means you can contest the ball in the air. Palmers impact in marking or spoiling contests is 0.

The reason why Schammer doesn't get a game is because of his inability to hit targets, plain and simple. If over the next few weeks his improvement in that area turns out not to be a fluke, then Palmers output so far this season hasn't been substantial enough to make him safe from being replaced.

Palmers form and confidence are at the point where they are a liability to the team.

Last two weeks Palmer is coming. Disgusts me at the game hearing the negative vibe murmur through the crowd on one or two efforts rather than cheer for several great deeds. He can't help it if his perfectly good kicks are dropped, can't help it if guys dont kick goals from his assist (2:55 mark of the Bris highlight reel.). Beware, Palmer is returning...

[YOUTUBE]16YcNOupQms[/YOUTUBE]

If Palmer is better at winning the ball, why isn't he involved in games in any meaningfull way? Disagree

If Palmer is cleaner with the ball, why is every second kick off his boot an absolute munger? Agree Why are his hands shit? Disgree

If Palmer is stronger why do his tackles not stick? Disagree Why does he not contest the ball or man harder? Disagree

If Palmer is tall, why does he provide absolutely nothing aerially? Agree

I can't help thinking Palmer is putting his game back together a piece at a time. It is not helping that for him to get a game he has had to readjust his whole game to suit Harvey.

No, it isn't. Whilst I still hope that Palmer can get back to that form, I have only discussed what Palmer had done this season and last when comparing him with Schammer.

If Palmer is better at winning the ball, why isn't he involved in games in any meaningfull way?

Over the last two weeks, he has been. In every other game this season where he has played a significant midfield role (Port Adelaide and Geelong) has has also played a significant role.

When was the last time Schammer did anything meaningful? The last thing I can remember was a one-on-one contest with McPhee, which as courageous as it was, true to form, he lost.

If Palmer is cleaner with the ball, why is every second kick off his boot an absolute munger? Why are his hands shit?

His field kicking has improved, his kicking for goal is atrocious. His hands around stoppages are fine, again it's why he's able to win contested ball.

If Palmer is stronger why do his tackles not stick? Why does he not contest the ball or man harder?

Stronger than Schammer is all I'm arguing. The only time Schammer stops anybody with a tackle is when he jumps into their back. Though in fairness to Schammer, he does do that a lot.

If Palmer is tall, why does he provide absolutely nothing aerially?

Again, taller than Schammer. That's all I've ever been arguing.

You cook up bullshit and pass it off as fact. Able to hold his ground better? Keeps his feet more? Fumbles less? Please.

I'm not cooking up anything, just stating my opinions. Schammer is a little fumblerina, who spends as much time on the ground as he does on his feet.

If anything over the last 2 weeks Palmer has actually started showing signs of backing himself again. He still has the yips in front of goal, but other than that I think he's on the right track.

At any rate Schammer has about as little confidence in his abilities at AFL level as anyone. Sideways kicks and handballs has been his modus operandi for the last few seasons.

Palmer would be in the 5? shortest guys in our club, ok, he's taller, but thats like saying a midget is better than a pygmy. The important thing about height, is it means you can contest the ball in the air. Palmers impact in marking or spoiling contests is 0.

As is Schammers.

The reason why Schammer doesn't get a game is because of his inability to hit targets, plain and simple. If over the next few weeks his improvement in that area turns out not to be a fluke, then Palmers output so far this season hasn't been substantial enough to make him safe from being replaced.

Palmer will be replaced when Mundy, Barlow and Co return because he didn't prove himself capable of filling a role in the forwardline earlier in the season.

If you think the only reason Schammer doesn't get a game is because of his poor disposal you haven't paid enough attention. DeBoer, Crowley, Hinkley and Palmer etc. have all been given opportunities this season because they offer something. What does Schammer actually bring to the table?

Anyway, enjoy your weekend. Go Geelong! I'm out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subi are playing South in Esperance this weekend - may be a reason for him being pulled from the game.

That being said WCE have sent Gaff, Wilson and Hams so who knows

Last two weeks Palmer is coming. Disgusts me at the game hearing the negative vibe murmur through the crowd on one or two efforts rather than cheer for several great deeds. He can't help it if his perfectly good kicks are dropped, can't help it if guys dont kick goals from his assist (2:55 mark of the Bris highlight reel.). Beware, Palmer is returning...

[youtube]16YcNOupQms[/youtube]

No doubt mate, I've been onr of the supporters on the bandwagon all season, but as much as I'd like to ump up his tyres, Palmers output has been less than par throughout the season.

I totally agree that his best is ****ing awesome, and is worthy of one of the best in the team, but at the moment, hes not doing the job. I've been on the bus all year long, but sadly that's not good enough.

To be honest, his output this year is probably less than last year. He hasn't impacted games at even close to the same level.

While I agree, at his best, he is proably in the top 5 or so of ou side, at the moment, for wahtever reason, he isn;t even close to that.

I can't help thinking Palmer is putting his game back together a piece at a time. It is not helping that for him to get a game he has had to readjust his whole game to suit Harvey.
m

Look, I'm not going to argue with that, I think at his best, Palmer is clearly one of the first chosen in our side. I don't think Schammer at his best could get a look in on Palmers game. Sadly, for whatver reason, Rhys hasn't put the chips on the table.

I don't for a second believe that Byrons's best is comparable to Palmers best. Not even slightly. Saying that, I do believe that at the moment, Rhys is miiiles off his A game. As good as his best is, his post knee game isn't good enough to shut out his rivals for the best 22.

No, it isn't. Whilst I still hope that Palmer can get back to that form, I have only discussed what Palmer had done this season and last when comparing him with Schammer.

I'm sorry mate, but I have to disagree. As someone who has watched Rhys very closely throught the season, for whatever reason, his output has not been im pressive at all on a posession front, on an offensive front, on a distributive front, on a defensive front, or in any other way shape or form.

I love this guy to bits, and I think he is stil capable of putting out performances like his rookie season, but you can argue it all you want, he isn't even ****ing close to the same player s he was a few years ago.

Over the last two weeks, he has been. In every other game this season where he has played a significant midfield role (Port Adelaide and Geelong) has has also played a significant role.

I'm sorry mate, but ovet the past two weeks where he has had a midfield role against Brisbane and GC, he hasn't done the job. Two weeks ago he did the job against Power who is a mug compared to his former self, while last week he had his ****ing pants dropped against Ablett.

When was the last time Schammer did anything meaningful? The last thing I can remember was a one-on-one contest with McPhee, which as courageous as it was, true to form, he lost.

Sorry mate, but that conest vs McPhee was ****ing epic. regardless of being the under dog in that contest, he did his ****ing job. He went 100% at the contest, he put his body on the line, he broke even or better against a bigger opponent, and has since dont better in other clashes.

You're a ****ing clown if you aren't happy with that conetest.

Since then, in both AFL and WAFL, he has repeated the efforts.

His field kicking has improved, his kicking for goal is atrocious. His hands around stoppages are fine, again it's why he's able to win contested ball.

Not at all. His field kicking has gone infinitely backwards. Wether that's due to the mental pressure applied to him by our supporters (which I think is largely the case), self doubt, or any other reason, his disposal is absolutely ****ing atrocious, the majority of the time.

Stronger than Schammer is all I'm arguing. The only time Schammer stops anybody with a tackle is when he jumps into their back. Though in fairness to Schammer, he does do that a lot.

Again, this is another one of your bullshit hypothetical examples. Every example I have seen of Schammer in the WAFL or AFL in a physical contest, he has been ****ing miles ahead of Palmer. At the start of the season I chose Palmer in my DT, as a result, I watched every single time he went near the ball like a hawk. You can argue this all you want, but you are simply wrong. This season at almost every single contest Rhys has failed to lay a meaningfull tackle. He thrpws his arms around his opponent, and they are flicked off with disdain. When he has laid these meaningless tackles, you can trust me or not here, he has ended up on two paces behind the oponent, or on his knees.

Again, taller than Schammer. That's all I've ever been arguing.

Sorry mate, but when I'm comparing a hobbit apple to a hobbit ****ing orange, I think it's somewhat of a copout. Rhys's aerial ability is equal to that of Schammers. They are both non existant. Comparing the two is ****ing redundant.

I'm not cooking up anything, just stating my opinions. Schammer is a little fumblerina, who spends as much time on the ground as he does on his feet.

By all means, stating your opinion is awesome, it's just that I'd like that if people supported their ****ing arguments with facts. If your going to post something under the guide of fact, please for ****s sake, support it.

Palmer has been a confidenceless clown in the past two seasons. Watching him play, you can see the tick tock of his brain going through the motions:

1: Get the ball. Don't mess it up. Shit, everyone is watching me. ****, I just messed it up.

2: I've got the ball, now pass it off. Ok, I'll pass it to him. Shit, I better not **** this kick up. Shit, pressure pressure pressure. ****, shit, ****.

BUH BUUUUUHHHHHH.

On the flip side, Schammer has had the crowd ride him like a Melbourne Cup jockey for the past 5 years. He has every **** on his back, but still make the attempt. Sure, his kicking has been shithouse a large part of the time, but one skill he has that Palmer doesn't it, he has enough confidence to back himself for better or worse, regardless of 30k "supporters".

If anything over the last 2 weeks Palmer has actually started showing signs of backing himself again. He still has the yips in front of goal, but other than that I think he's on the right track.

He doesn;t just have the yips in front of goal, he has the yips every single time he touches the ball. He can get it 20 metres in the clear, or 40 metres out from goal. Every posession he gets, for some reason or another, he shits himself. He has absolutely no belief in his ability to have a shot at goal. None.

At any rate Schammer has about as little confidence in his abilities at AFL level as anyone. Sideways kicks and handballs has been his modus operandi for the last few seasons.

That's simply another example of our clueless supporters. Without 30k King Kong supporters on his shoulders, Schammer is quite damaging with the ball in hand. Without muppet supporters riding him, he is quite capable of making a nice 30 metre run/bounce/run then kick to a leading forward.

I don't have the statistics on hand to suppor this, but Schammer has more than enough agility to run a line, sell some sugar, and then make the pass.

If you think the only reason Schammer doesn't get a game is because of his poor disposal you haven't paid enough attention. DeBoer, Crowley, Hinkley and Palmer etc. have all been given opportunities this season because they offer something. What does Schammer actually bring to the table?

The reason Schammer hasn't got a game in front of those other guys, is he doesn't have the athletic ability of those players. Neither does Palmer. The one thing holding Scam back is his disposal. If de Boer or Crowley didn't have the athletic advtantage over Schammer, I don't doubt that they would have played less games.

One advantage Scham does hold over the rest of those guys is, he is capable of playing a consistant and reliable role in the midfield. Noone in their right mind would argue his ability to be involved in the game. He has always shown the ability to find the ball, at every level. I don't think he will replace guys like de Boer or Crowley. While those guys are just as poor with disposal (I'd say Crowley with his long bomb snaps ala Cookie is the worst kick in the team) they have negating ability that Palmer and Schammer don't, which keeps them in the team. Palmer not having that definsive ability, doesn't have the same get out clause.

I'll say it again, if Palmer doesn't improve his ability to get more of the ball and be damaging with his touches, a new and improved Schammer could quite visibly replace him in the team.

I'd love Rhys to be playing his A game week in week out, but for whatever reason, that isn't happening. If he isn't bringing his A game, his B/C game isn't currently good enough to hold off other players pushing for a spot.

Edit: Very late, very drunk and very hard to proof posts. Please forgive me if it's a little rough.

EditEdit: **** that's a huge post D: Can't believe I wasted so much drunk fun typing letters D:

No doubt mate, I've been onr of the supporters on the bandwagon all season, but as much as I'd like to ump up his tyres, Palmers output has been less than par throughout the season.

I totally agree that his best is ****ing awesome, and is worthy of one of the best in the team, but at the moment, hes not doing the job. I've been on the bus all year long, but sadly that's not good enough.

To be honest, his output this year is probably less than last year. He hasn't impacted games at even close to the same level.

While I agree, at his best, he is proably in the top 5 or so of ou side, at the moment, for wahtever reason, he isn;t even close to that.

m

Look, I'm not going to argue with that, I think at his best, Palmer is clearly one of the first chosen in our side. I don't think Schammer at his best could get a look in on Palmers game. Sadly, for whatver reason, Rhys hasn't put the chips on the table.

I don't for a second believe that Byrons's best is comparable to Palmers best. Not even slightly. Saying that, I do believe that at the moment, Rhys is miiiles off his A game. As good as his best is, his post knee game isn't good enough to shut out his rivals for the best 22.

I'm sorry mate, but I have to disagree. As someone who has watched Rhys very closely throught the season, for whatever reason, his output has not been im pressive at all on a posession front, on an offensive front, on a distributive front, on a defensive front, or in any other way shape or form.

I love this guy to bits, and I think he is stil capable of putting out performances like his rookie season, but you can argue it all you want, he isn't even ****ing close to the same player s he was a few years ago.

I'm sorry mate, but ovet the past two weeks where he has had a midfield role against Brisbane and GC, he hasn't done the job. Two weeks ago he did the job against Power who is a mug compared to his former self, while last week he had his ****ing pants dropped against Ablett.

Sorry mate, but that conest vs McPhee was ****ing epic. regardless of being the under dog in that contest, he did his ****ing job. He went 100% at the contest, he put his body on the line, he broke even or better against a bigger opponent, and has since dont better in other clashes.

Not at all. His field kicking has gone infinitely backwards. Wether that's due to the mental pressure applied to him by our supporters (which I think is largely the case), self doubt, or any other reason, his disposal is absolutely ****ing atrocious, the majority of the time.

Again, this is another one of your bullshit hypothetical examples. Every example I have seen of Schammer in the WAFL or AFL in a physical contest, he has been ****ing miles ahead of Palmer. At the start of the season I chose Palmer in my DT, as a result, I watched every single time he went near the ball like a hawk. You can argue this all you want, but you are simply wrong. This season at almost every single contest Rhys has failed to lay a meaningfull tackle. He thrpws his arms around his opponent, and they are flicked off with disdain. When he has laid these meaningless tackles, you can trust me or not here, he has ended up on two paces behind the oponent, or on his knees.

Sorry mate, but when I'm comparing a hobbit apple to a hobbit ****ing orange, I think it's somewhat of a copout. Rhys's aerial ability is equal to that of Schammers. They are both non existant. Comparing the two is ****ing redundant.

By all means, stating your opinion is awesome, it's just that I'd like that if people supported their ****ing arguments with facts. If your going to post something under the guide of fact, please for ****s sake, support it.

Palmer has been a confidenceless clown in the past two seasons. Watching him play, you can see the tick tock of his brain going through the motions:

1: Get the ball. Don't mess it up. Shit, everyone is watching me. ****, I just messed it up.

2: I've got the ball, now pass it off. Ok, I'll pass it to him. Shit, I better not **** this kick up. Shit, pressure pressure pressure. ****, shit, ****.

BUH BUUUUUHHHHHH.

On the flip side, Schammer has had the crowd ride him like a Melbourne Cup jockey for the past 5 years. He has every **** on his back, but still make the attempt. Sure, his kicking has been shithouse a large part of the time, but one skill he has that Palmer doesn't it, he has enough confidence to back himself for better or worse, regardless of 30k "supporters".

He doesn;t just have the yips in front of goal, he has the yips every single time he touches the ball. He can get it 20 metres in the clear, or 40 metres out from goal. Every posession he gets, for some reason or another, he shits himself. He has absolutely no belief in his ability to have a shot at goal. None.

That's simply another example of our clueless supporters. Without 30k King Kong supporters on his shoulders, Schammer is quite damaging with the ball in hand. Without muppet supporters riding him, he is quite capable of making a nice 30 metre run/bounce/run then kick to a leading forward.

I don't have the statistics on hand to suppor this, but Schammer has more than enough agility to run a line, sell some sugar, and then make the pass.

The reason Schammer hasn't got a game in front of those other guys, is he doesn't have the athletic ability of those players. Neither does Palmer. The one thing holding Scam back is his disposal. If de Boer or Crowley didn't have the athletic advtantage over Schammer, I don't doubt that they would have played less games.

One advantage Scham does hold over the rest of those guys is, he is capable of playing a consistant and reliable role in the midfield. Noone in their right mind would argue his ability to be involved in the game. He has always shown the ability to find the ball, at every level. I don't think he will replace guys like de Boer or Crowley. While those guys are just as poor with disposal (I'd say Crowley with his long bomb snaps ala Cookie is the worst kick in the team) they have negating ability that Palmer and Schammer don't, which keeps them in the team. Palmer not having that definsive ability, doesn't have the same get out clause.

I'll say it again, if Palmer doesn't improve his ability to get more of the ball and be damaging with his touches, a new and improved Schammer could quite visibly replace him in the team.

I'd love Rhys to be playing his A game week in week out, but for whatever reason, that isn't happening. If he isn't bringing his A game, his B/C game isn't currently good enough to hold off other players pushing for a spot.

Edit: Very late, very drunk and very hard to proof posts. Please forgive me if it's a little rough.

EditEdit: **** that's a huge post D: Can't believe I wasted so much drunk fun typing letters D:

o i c.

BUH BUUUUUHHHHHH.

Verbal diarrhea.

Its probably the same stuff I would write if I was on the piss all night. Where your arguement appears to fall down is that you agree that Schammers best is nowhere near as good as Palmer's best. That's why Palmer is being given the opportunity and not Schammer. Schammer's best is not quite good enough whereas Palmer's probably is. He would want to show improvement though because the match committee appear to be quite ambivalent about him. Hope you head is ok this morning.

Verbal diarrhea.

I'm flattered that you read it.

Its probably the same stuff I would write if I was on the piss all night. Where your arguement appears to fall down is that you agree that Schammers best is nowhere near as good as Palmer's best. That's why Palmer is being given the opportunity and not Schammer. Shammer's best is not quite good enough whereas Palmer's probably is. He would want to show improvement though because the match committee appear to be quite ambivalent about him. Hope you head is ok this morning.

Yeah, holy shit I'm not even going to try to read what I was saying. Must've taken hours....

My apologies to anyone who trawled through all of it......

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back