WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

The forgotten man on the Fremantle BF board. Then again, maybe his name is just easier to put down as 'etc' when talking about our young players.

Yes he has seemed to have disappeared since his 'great' pre-season. But i liked what i saw and hopefully he can string a couple of them together and get called up to the freo team again coz his 3 games last year weren't too bad.

Was at the Barlow comeback game on saturday.
Hinkley for me would be 1st in line for a call up against Essendon. Although it was only at reserves level he looked/played the same style of footy as when he was drafted (quick, breaking the lines type footy). Granted sometimes he may miss targets by foot but did not half of our Freo side butcher the ball at some stage against Hawthorn?
Barlow is just a pure ball magnet. He won't get the call up, not yet. Needs to play a full game and get the confidence back in his leg (still has a very noticeable limp and wasn't involved in too many 'rough' plays. Can't wait for the day he puts on the purple uniform again.

Actually overall, I thought our kicking against the Hawks was very good. :confused:

I found it interesting that the write up in the Worst on Bucca was "Quiet game"
It also seemed a few crew were saying that they didnt notice him much although those that did said he had a solid game.
Could we have another Broughton type that can swing forward ? - by broughts I mean you never really seem to notice him cause he does his job week in and week out - and does it well.
I was excited when we drafted Bucca, all of the write ups on him said he could be a real jet, with a bit of mongrel. Last year when he tweaked his knee he was almost in the team but now - I reckon he'll get in and stay in.

Will be interesting to see if Buca gets a shot in the first 22. I'd like him in this week against Essendon, especially with us having to contend with Hurley, Ryder, Hille and Crameri. He's definitely been the most in form WAFL player and would slot nicely in as a third tall. He's listed at 188cm so he could be a potential replacement for Grover or at the very least another quality rebounding defender.

Will be interesting to see if Buca gets a shot in the first 22. I'd like him in this week against Essendon, especially with us having to contend with Hurley, Ryder, Hille and Crameri. He's definitely been the most in form WAFL player and would slot nicely in as a third tall. He's listed at 188cm so he could be a potential replacement for Grover or at the very least another quality rebounding defender.

Actually Buco would be a perfect match up for Cranmeri....

saying....I'm 99% sure Harv's wont bring him & they'll keep Johnson back there unfortunately

Encouraging that we had 11 guys play wafl last weekend.....would probably be the most all year. Might start getting some competition for spots in the coming weeks.

This had a lot to do with our early 2010 form - no-one wanted to lose their spot in the side

Harvey's known for playing 18/19 year olds or mature players from the WAFL if their form is good enough and this will help big time for the remainder of the year

Any reason why Roberton has been listed as an out for East Perth? Good to see Sibo back in for Perth too.

IIRC the club had a problem with EP early in the season in regards to how Clarke was being used. Maybe it's a similar type of thing with Roberton? This is pure conjecture on my part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woohoo! Go Micky! Good to see Rhys send a loud message to Harvs ("play me in the guts").

Where's Jack?

On another note, Steve's brother, Brad Hill picked up 30 poss (17 kicks, 13 handballs, 3 tackles, a goal) in the colts. Not bad for a kid who's about 60kg. Seems to be getting better every game.

Looks like Palmer will be back next week, probably as a back pocket or something. :rolleyes:
Everytime he gets dropped he dominates in the midfield for Old Easts, why is that? Could it be that he's like...you know...a midfielder or something :confused:

Anyone who says Palmer isn't doing enough to get a chance in the midfield and that's why he isn't in the team has their head in the sand.

I don't care if he's going elsewhere next year, his use by Harvey is killing our chances this year. Palmer's not a superstar but he's a more effective midfielder than Pav and Pav's a ten times better forward than Palmer.

Anyone who says Palmer isn't doing enough to get a chance in the midfield and that's why he isn't in the team has their head in the sand.

I dunno and this will seem a bit unfair, but Palmer is our midfield Ryan Murphy at times. Kills it at WAFL level, but pooch-screws it in the AFL.

That said, I thought Palmer had his best game for literally years a few weeks ago against Port Power, and I haven't heard an explanation as to the way he was used v Hawks last week. (He seemed to be sent forward, or went with his man or whatever - no way to have an impact anyway).

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back