2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruffles was a talent with genetically knackered knees.
Wood is a talent with ..............................................
Therein stops the comparison.

Exactly.

Jesus couldhavebeen , try harder.

If the kid is protecting his shoulder, then he shouldn't be playing. Maybe you could take it up with your inside sources.

I spoke to one of the umpires coaches after the game and he said Morro is fine and the charge against him should be dropped but Hannath gone for all money

If that conversation actually happened, then that umpire coach should be shot.

I'm calling bullshit.

In hind sight, yeah, agree. Mayne came in when he shouldn't have. It's a pet hate that players push themselves in from injury when they're not ready and it costs the team. Players do it so often, it shits me. But yeah, RTB said it himself. And even in last night's game, you could make a case Mayne didn't provide anything Tabs couldn't.
I had a quick chat with Bondy at the game today and raised the subject of Maynes fitness and he said that they went with the doctors report that he was fine to go . We also discussed the way Ballard was going and he was very impressed with him and Silvagni's game . The biggest concern he expressed was the current forward structure and he assured me they were looking at several players to fix the problem but no names

Exactly.

Jesus couldhavebeen , try harder.

If the kid is protecting his shoulder, then he shouldn't be playing. Maybe you could take it up with your inside sources.

If that conversation actually happened, then that umpire coach should be shot.

I'm calling bullshit.
Sliced why would I make it up . I approached him is the car park with a couple of suggestions which he liked and complimented his umpires on a reasonable game . I had my Dockers hat and jacket on and we had a pleasant conversation . the game was over . Nobody else around so no witness can be called

Whatever woods talent, based on todays game he should be in the reserves at the moment. Allergic to second efforts. Other thoughts
  • Vandeleurs defensive work was good, less encouraging ball in hand.
  • Ballard is strong, tall and hardworking; suspect kick.
  • Grey shows class but is undersized and doesn't get enough of it.
  • If Moller puts meat on we have ourselves a good'un (in the ruck I should emphasize, will never be a key forward with that extra height and small core. Freakish athlete though. Almost enjoyed some of his deft short handballing more than the 4 goals).
  • Griffin is working back towards form.
  • Mora is many games away. Disposal is very poor and he looks ponderous without a clear run at the contest. On the plus side his fitness is getting up there now and even at half his old level he was still wracking up the touches.
  • Tabner is a running machine. Looks a season away from being able to go body on body with even moderately skilled AFL defenders however. Also goes to ground more often than I would like (as someone else observed earlier in the thread)
  • Hannath, played like a man feeling the pinch. Good kick of the footy for a ruck though.
  • Kepler: Insufficient data.
  • Silvagni, the only player of the 44 out there who looked AFL quality. Footy rained down on the poor bastard all day and he kept Seaby to only 4 marks and linked up usefully on the transition.
Other other thoughts:

• Come back Glen, all is forgiven. Who were those two deadheads with Lamb (who I also hate) on the commentary team? Are they running a raffle for it now?
  • Peel got shafted by the officials. Wouldn't have changed the result I think, but; IF YOU DON'T MIND UMPIRE...

Sliced why would I make it up . I approached him is the car park with a couple of suggestions which he liked and complimented his umpires on a reasonable game . I had my Dockers hat and jacket on and we had a pleasant conversation . the game was over . Nobody else around so no witness can be called

If an umpires coach openly contradicts his responsibilities to the game with a nobody supporter, then he shouldn't be in the job. period.

Next was a convenient chat with Bondy.

I'm expecting a video interview with Barrack Obama next.

If all this is true, you have more front than a Komatsu bulldozer.

Do you get punched in the face much?

I was talking to a couple of Peel player during half time and neither was impressed with Simpsons no show for Freo and I didn't spot him at the ground so he didn't play .
What are the feelings of the BF posters on Cam Shepherds coaching .
I'm really not impressed to be honest so far with how he does the job .I understand that Fremantle have requirements of who they want playing and where they want them to play but wet weather football requires runners and mid size players not 3 ruckmen and 3 tall forwards .

I was talking to a couple of Peel player during half time and neither was impressed with Simpsons no show for Freo and I didn't spot him at the ground so he didn't play .
I'm really not impressed to be honest so far with how he does the job .I understand that Fremantle have requirements of who they want playing and where they want them to play but wet weather football requires runners and mid size players not 3 ruckmen and 3 tall forwards .
So you spoke to Bond, 2 peel players and the umpires advisor? Where did watching the game fit into this busy schedule of gladhanding?

Who else has Freo got to come in to replace the talls?

If an umpires coach openly contradicts his responsibilities to the game with a nobody supporter, then he shouldn't be in the job. period.

Next was a convenient chat with Bondy.

I'm expecting a video interview with Barrack Obama next.

If all this is true, you have more front than a Komatsu bulldozer.

Do you get punched in the face much?
The discussion with Bondy was on the forecourt near the players dugout .
He was very approachable and is in great shape ,smile on the dial and plenty of witnesses .
No I don't and because I'm polite ,not pushy and have a smile on the dial they are willing to talk . Maybe you should try it some time .

If in fact you did speak to all these people, it is good first hand knowledge.

Got no idea how you can work up the courage (for want of a better word) and talk to people you have never met about their careers and the intricate goings on with them.

As a side note - anyone know where i can get access to WAFL stats from todays game?

The discussion with Bondy was on the forecourt near the players dugout .
He was very approachable and is in great shape ,smile on the dial and plenty of witnesses .
No I don't and because I'm polite ,not pushy and have a smile on the dial they are willing to talk . Maybe you should try it some time .

FFS Coulda, I was talking about the umpires coach who totally abbrogated his responsibility by calling potential suspensions to players to a complete nobody, who then comes onto a public forum and tells the world.

He is either a complete idiot for crossing that clear and distinct boundary, or you are making shit up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone seen much of Haiden Schloithe play this year? I was pretty disappointed that we cut him after only two years and kept Menegola instead. He is averaging 28.5 disposals and 1 goal + a game. Would've been handy for Peel.

So you spoke to Bond, 2 peel players and the umpires advisor? Where did watching the game fit into this busy schedule of gladhanding?
Bondy and the peel players at half time ,the umpires coach was after the game in the car park . Ballard when the game finished and he was making his way off the ground Kepler during the game Snos after the game , Grey after the game .
Simon Lloyd 3\4 time on the ground .

FFS Coulda, I was talking about the umpires coach who totally abbrogated his responsibility by calling potential suspensions to players to a complete nobody, who then comes onto a public forum and tells the world.

He is either a complete idiot for crossing that clear and distinct boundary, or you are making shit up.
He was the Coach not the officiating umpire and he gave an opinion . He will not be a witness giving evidence or making a recommendation to the tribunal .

Bondy and the peel players at half time ,the umpires coach was after the game in the car park . Ballard when the game finished and he was making his way off the ground Kepler during the game Snos after the game , Grey after the game .
Simon Lloyd 3\4 time on the ground .

Could you please condense your findings into a dot point summation.
I want to know what Bondy thought of the weather, how Grey's parents are back in Tassie as well as what Kepler eats for breakfast.

Thanks in advance :)

PS Only partially taking the piss - some of your inside scoops are informative

He was the Coach not the officiating umpire and he gave an opinion . He will not be a witness giving evidence or making a recommendation to the tribunal .

Are you too stupid to not see the clear conflict of interest here?

Also, I don't ask questions of players and personel whose lives are already the subject of public scrutiny unless I am at a function where I have paid for the privilege. Personally, I think that they give enough of their time and privacy without having to put up with inane questioning from members of the general public.

Last edited:
Are you too stupid to see the clear conflict of interest here?

Also, I don't ask questions of players and personel whose lives are already the subject of public scrutiny unless I am at a function where I have paid for the privilege. Personally, I think that they give enough of their time and privacy without having to put up with inane questioning from members of the general public.
You have just answered your own questions without me having to say a thing .

You have just answered your own questions without me having to say a thing .

What, so number one you ARE stupid and number two, you don't give a shit about peoples privacy.

Ok then.

You should look up the word pest, because I am extremely sure that it is only a matter of time before you are labelled as one.

Whatever woods talent, based on todays game he should be in the reserves at the moment. Allergic to second efforts. Other thoughts
  • Vandeleurs defensive work was good, less encouraging ball in hand.
  • Ballard is strong, tall and hardworking; suspect kick.
  • Grey shows class but is undersized and doesn't get enough of it.
  • If Moller puts meat on we have ourselves a good'un (in the ruck I should emphasize, will never be a key forward with that extra height and small core. Freakish athlete though. Almost enjoyed some of his deft short handballing more than the 4 goals).
  • Griffin is working back towards form.
  • Mora is many games away. Disposal is very poor and he looks ponderous without a clear run at the contest. On the plus side his fitness is getting up there now and even at half his old level he was still wracking up the touches.
  • Tabner is a running machine. Looks a season away from being able to go body on body with even moderately skilled AFL defenders however. Also goes to ground more often than I would like (as someone else observed earlier in the thread)
  • Hannath, played like a man feeling the pinch. Good kick of the footy for a ruck though.
  • Kepler: Insufficient data.
  • Silvagni, the only player of the 44 out there who looked AFL quality. Footy rained down on the poor bastard all day and he kept Seaby to only 4 marks and linked up usefully on the transition.
Other other thoughts:

• Come back Glen, all is forgiven. Who were those two deadheads with Lamb (who I also hate) on the commentary team? Are they running a raffle for it now?
  • Peel got shafted by the officials. Wouldn't have changed the result I think, but; IF YOU DON'T MIND UMPIRE...

Thanks paracleet - I watched bits and pieces so much of my thoughts was patchy, but that matches up with my TV viewing too.
Just a couple of thoughts.

- Agree Moller, he's got very nice awareness and more of a natural footy style than you'd expect from someone who's come in relatively late and is as tall as he is. Given his athleticism - I think there's still massive upside there. Though you're right he's still ultimately going to be a ruck (even if he's playing FF for Peel), I think there's hope there that he can be a more forward type player. Not yet, but, he's raw enough to get some tricks to his bow and be a goal scoring Ruck/FWD because he's so quick. Needs to get better in the contest of course like most young raw tall players. Just my thoughts.

- Kepler. Yeah, insufficient data - but the few bits I saw he looked good I reckon, really good for a comeback game. He's moving well and has skills to burn for a big guy at WAFL level anyway. Is going to be pushing hard for selection once he gets match fitness into him - but that's a good few weeks away.

- Mora is up and down isn't he. That base fitness is really getting there now, but you're right. For every moment where you go, oh yeah he's back, there's another where you go, mmm, he needs more WAFL time to get touch. But he's getting there, that's for sure.

- SCOS. Glad you saw his game as I did. He's been top flight last couple of weeks and though I think he was down a touch this week, the amount of delivery he had to deal with and the lack of defensive running from the Peel mids made his game look worse than it was. It's a shame (for his sake) that there's no spot for him in the senior side (baring suspensions or some substantial re-jigging of the backline). His form warrants selection.

Couldhavebeen a reporter.
Gets more scoops than Hutchy and Barrett

Wasting your time here coulda you should be working on the footyshow or that footy classified show as there WA reporter.

:rolleyes:
Funny you should say that I was interviewed by 2 young Female uni students from Murdoch University radio after the game .

You obviosly weren't at the Peel Claremont game. The umpiring was appalling. They were looking for reasons to pay free kicks against the Peel players. Would let two high contacts go then play the third one that was half there, and always to Claremont. Andrews grabbed Griffin most ruck contests and marking interference is to Taberner is non existant. Even Cam Shepherd made mention of the umpiring in his three quarter time Interview.

And they reported tbree Dockers. The umpires were trying to big note themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back