Premiership Player
Veteran Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Sep 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Cowboys, Stars
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/88845/default.aspx

The match practice and simulation work is really ramping up as
Check.
Ratten said that he expected almost a full list to be available for selection
Check.
our priority is the opening match of the season
Check.
Ratten admitted the pre-season had been the best he had been involved in at Carlton, including his time as a player at the Club.
pheww....that's good.........was getting worried there that we weren't going to use our cliche quota for the interview.

He left it up to Bomber for the "player X is really tearing it up" stuff. :D

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/88845/default.aspx

This could have been posted in another thread, but I digress...

new-gym-220110-246-1.jpg

Training at your traditional home ground and overlooking the hallowed turf>>>>>>Collingwood's training base.

It is a bloody eye sore. You have this fantastic looking new building and then you see this old, decrepit thing. Not Good

C9. My seat with my mates for 10 years or so. Leave Ald Gardiner alone. :cool:

KIF_1171-1.jpg

It is a bloody eye sore. You have this fantastic looking new building and then you see this old, decrepit thing. Not Good
You're kidding!

The stand is heritage listed, so it should be preserved.

We should have knocked down the Pratt Stand, not the Heatley Stand to build the new facilities.

I hate that stand.

It was known as the Hawthorn stand, yet we go ahead and bulldoze the famous Heatley Stand.

:eek:

Pinched this off the Blueseum

"History of the Gardiner Stand
The stand, named after President John Gardiner, was completed in 1912 at a cost of 4572 pounds to hold 1400 people. The cricket club paid 600 pounds while the football club contributed the balance.

It is the second-oldest surviving grandstand at the old VFL venues, behind the one at Fitzroy."

98 not out, and looking very shaky. Which is a shame.

And you are right about the goddawful Hawthorn stand, it hid all the beaut Palm Trees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're kidding!

The stand is heritage listed, so it should be preserved.

We should have knocked down the Pratt Stand, not the Heatley Stand to build the new facilities.

I hate that stand.

It was known as the Hawthorn stand, yet we go ahead and bulldoze the famous Heatley Stand.

:eek:

TBH it would have been delicious to just bash down that piece of shit Legend Stand. I sat there a couple times and you'd always have the sun in your eyes and no leg room. I didn't mind the Pratt stand but I grew up watching Carlton play sitting in the Heatley stand and all the ex-players and player's wives would sit in the 3 rows in front of me. The players themselves would come out and sit there whilst the reserves were playing also and I had an autograph book that was fatter than anything imaginable.

Great memories and it is such a shame that they decided to build over it.

Still... we have A grade facilities now so can't really complain

TBH it would have been delicious to just bash down that piece of shit Legend Stand. I sat there a couple times and you'd always have the sun in your eyes and no leg room. I didn't mind the Pratt stand but I grew up watching Carlton play sitting in the Heatley stand and all the ex-players and player's wives would sit in the 3 rows in front of me. The players themselves would come out and sit there whilst the reserves were playing also and I had an autograph book that was fatter than anything imaginable.

Great memories and it is such a shame that they decided to build over it.

Still... we have A grade facilities now so can't really complain
Somehow I doubt this

As much history as the Gardiner stand has they need to replace it if they want to make it a boutique ground.

Gardiner Stand is heritage listed, so it has to stay.
Would be nice if the club could spend some money on it to restore it to it's original condition, or at least close to it.

Murphy to be eased into season
Murphy, who is already back running on a treadmill, said the required surgery was a success and that he should be clear to play against Richmond, albeit in a slightly different role than he's used to.

"At the start of the season, at least, I think I'll be used in more short, sharp bursts and once my fitness is back around the mark I'm sure it will be back to normal," Murphy told afl.com.au.

Murphy is aiming to see limited action as early as the third week of the NAB Cup competition and has kept a positive mindset despite his first major interruption to a pre-season campaign.
Murphy to be eased into season

Lucas is smothering Grigga's kick in that training drill. ;)

Lucas is so lean, he looks as cut as hell.

Great frame.

We could build him into an elite running mid if he's good enough.

My mistake. I thought you meant if Murphy/Grigg missed with the kick and took Lucas' head off, we'd be another mid down for Round 1. :eek:

Think both Grigg and Lucas will have important roles to play early in the season, particularly with Judd's absence. Would be great if both of them seized their opportunity (Grigg probably more so) and become permanent first 22 players...

Important year for the #16. Seems to me to be the perfect kind of target for Gold Coast; I just hope he cements his place this year and becomes a 10 year player for us.

My mistake. I thought you meant if Murphy/Grigg missed with the kick and took Lucas' head off, we'd be another mid down for Round 1. :eek:

I'll be the first to admit that The General is an acquired taste (at best, and a somewhat cryptic poster at worst) but that is one of the longest bows to attempt to draw...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Waite and Murphy on target for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back