Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how Hawthorn are already better than us after a quick rebuild. Almost like picking the right coaches actually makes a difference? Hmmm

Funny how I looked at the ladder and we're higher than the Hawks, the position on the ladder actually means something?
Where were you when Hawks lost the first 5 or so games?

It is a long season of ups and downs. Sydney have lost a number of games and they would still be very hard to beat in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a phenomenal season we have on our hands.

fd20d0c8930840197d723c0f4ccf654f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how Hawthorn are already better than us after a quick rebuild. Almost like picking the right coaches actually makes a difference? Hmmm

How are they already better than us?

What have they done to warrant such a remark? They haven't made finals, let alone won any, they are currently sitting in 9th while we are 4th...

They are in better form, sure... and they are playing some brilliant footy right now... but they still have more to prove before we can say they're "already better than us"...

It’s as if culture plays a part. Something we hadn’t had for years. Also, they have zero pressure on them, like us last year. That also helps
Brisbane getting a Hodge and Hawks have your Breusts and Gunstons, but also a coach who was a big part of that club, captain and 4 time premiership player and gets its fabric.

For us finally it seemed last year and first half this year our culture was turning..... but with things like some of our leaders; Curnow being lazy/selfish a lot this year, Weiters is showing frustration more and more towards his fellow defenders, MC dropping in form and chopping and changing players to bring in "preferred" players or get some layers or whatever going which I think has been a big factor in our mindset of the team at the moment.

We need to scout and find a good senior assistant coach next season that is great tactically and good with culture, even in a consulting role. We have some once in generation players and 2-3 seasons at most to get a flag else we'll be in the wilderness for another who knows how many years.

I think it’s worth remembering that Collingwood lost 3 out of 4 games from late July last year.

I also think some of our 2023 challenges came from needing to peak too early just to make the finals.

It’s possible sides like the Dogs, the Hawks, and even the Lions, have had to tweak things early because they were coming from a way back. If they’re peaking, while sides like us and the Swans are tapering because we had earlier wins on the board, then things can look deceptively good for them and bad for us. Perhaps they’ve gone too early like us last year (out of necessity)? And perhaps we have fuel in the tank (like Collingwood last year)? We’ll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back