Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally - don’t like the wording of the options. Would much prefer the options to be clear, transparent and concise. The Forever project sounds a little gimmicky for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure I agree that it is not transparent. Looks absolutely transparent to me..

For a pensioner on disability i can't afford to not to get a refund on my $600 membership but think its unfair to lose your membership/seats . Considering they need as many members as possible surely full refund (minus $50) to keep your membership for 2021 should be an option.

For a pensioner on disability i can't afford to not to get a refund on my $600 membership but think its unfair to lose your membership/seats . Considering they need as many members as possible surely full refund (minus $50) to keep your membership for 2021 should be an option.

If you need it now, what will change in the pension for next season?

It's ok to want what you paid for.

You’ll just get different seats next year?? Is that the problem?

If you're asking for a 100% refund you're cancelling your membership and you start from scratch in 2021. That's fair. The club has provided alternatives to accept a partial refund and retain membership privileges.

i believe you can downgrade to a 'Purple Army' membership for this year (~$40) and get your seat back for 2021

PlatinumSilverFHDonation
CostAssume $1000 (for ease)$500$100Assume full $1000
Membership discount$200 (based on 2020 cost)$10000
Tax benefit*00 (up to $172) less $35 admin fee0 (up to $310) less $35 admin fee$340 less $35 admin fee
Hat/Scarf$50$5000
Voucher$100000
Money back as refund or credit0$500$900$0
Total financial benefit~$350From ~$322 to ~$650From ~$310 to ~$900~$340

* Based on income over $37K

Depending in your income and overall needs, the offers aren't that far apart and if you can afford to retain (via a full pledge) it is worth considering. Certainly the donation option is unlikely to be significantly better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone seen the Cats package? It actually lists "continuous membership years' as a perk. Its so bad its funny
- 2021 membership upgrade
- 2021 price freeze
- $20 shop voucher
- Recognition pin
- Continuous years of membership remains valid
- 2021 membership special card

Seriously, the club has gone above and beyond anyone else so far - just poorly messaged

Anyone seen the Cats package? It actually lists "continuous membership years' as a perk. Its so bad its funny
- 2021 membership upgrade
- 2021 price freeze
- $20 shop voucher
- Recognition pin
- Continuous years of membership remains valid
- 2021 membership special card

Seriously, the club has gone above and beyond anyone else so far - just poorly messaged

That's good to see. Looking at that we have done ok.

I think Freo was in a tough spot because we are in a two team town with a financially strong club. The club had to make sure that the members got some thing reasonable back in comparison to the mob down the road.

The club had to make sure that the members got some thing reasonable back in comparison to the mob down the road.
The mob down the road didn't get a very good deal. I guess that what happens when a club has a waiting list the size of Optus Stadium. For every member who takes a refund there will always be one in the wings who will happily take their spot.

Have you all received an email from the club yet? I keep checking my email but am yet to receive anything.
I had the same problem so gave them a call. Turns out they still had my old high school email on record. I got them to change the details and they sent it to my current address but the link isn't working :huh:

PlatinumSilverFHDonation
CostAssume $1000 (for ease)$500$100Assume full $1000
Membership discount$200 (based on 2020 cost)$10000
Tax benefit*00 (up to $172) less $35 admin fee0 (up to $310) less $35 admin fee$340 less $35 admin fee
Hat/Scarf$50$5000
Voucher$100000
Money back as refund or credit0$500$900$0
Total financial benefit~$350From ~$322 to ~$650From ~$310 to ~$900~$340

* Based on income over $37K

Depending in your income and overall needs, the offers aren't that far apart and if you can afford to retain (via a full pledge) it is worth considering. Certainly the donation option is unlikely to be significantly better.
Don't believe there is any tax benefit with the first 3 options. Tax benefit only if the monies are donated.
I have a family membership for about $2.5K so the financial benefit of platinum and silver didn't stack up.

Don't believe there is any tax benefit with the first 3 options. Tax benefit only if the monies are donated.
I have a family membership for about $2.5K so the financial benefit of platinum and silver didn't stack up.
Yeah, $0 or up to the number in brackets if you donate it. In terms of stacking benefits, the 20/10% off and vouchers are some help but multiple scarves nd hats are a net negative.

For the 3 seats that I'm with, we're going to go Platinum for 2 and refund (or FH) for the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back