Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised at the backlash, I thought the package and options were terrific. They've given heaps of options in what you can do with your membership including offering full refunds and what you get for donating your money seems pretty decent to me.

Wording is poor though, this will be confusing to a lot of people

Does the "Forever Hero" option keep your seat from 2021 onwards? I know it says you can't attend games in 2020 should crowds be allowed back however I wish it confirmed 2021.
This is from the FAQs (https://am.ticketmaster.com/fremantle/freoforeverfaqs#/)

Will I lose my seat if I downgrade to a Forever Hero or Purple Army membership?

No, you will be given the opportunity to renew into your reserved seat for the 2021 AFL season, however your reserved seat will not be available if games are played in front of crowds at Optus Stadium in season 2020. Your seat you had previously renewed into for 2020 will be reflected on your 2021 membership invoice.

The options are decent, but geez you can tell they've laid off a few marketing team members, because the messaging is garbled as hell.

I think it's on purpose.

If the options at first glance bottom out at half your membership remaining with the club then they get to keep more money. They want people to enter their prize draw and give them at least half the membership money

Surprised at the backlash, I thought the package and options were terrific. They've given heaps of options in what you can do with your membership including offering full refunds and what you get for donating your money seems pretty decent to me.

Wording is poor though, this will be confusing to a lot of people

I would agree with you if the people who actually need the refund weren't forced to go hat in hand to the club, just offer a simple click refund option and it would have been very good. The % of people who go down that road will be very very small but don't make things harder for them.

I would agree with you if the people who actually need the refund weren't forced to go hat in hand to the club, just offer a simple click refund option and it would have been very good. The % of people who go down that road will be very very small but don't make things harder for them.
Maybe they need to check bank account details etc to ensure refund is done properly?

Maybe they need to check bank account details etc to ensure refund is done properly?

That would all be completed through the MyFreo login. It might seem like a small thing to most but forcing people to contact the club to get a refund is IMO very ordinary and is creating extra hardship on those who are already no doubt pretty embarrassed to be in the situation that they are in. Not what I would have expected the club to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would they have a positive press story about players covering the cost of memberships for people ringing the club if they didn't have to talk to someone?
Matthew Pavlich to personally receive all contact us enquiries. How could anyone in their right mind demand a full refund to him? It's genius!!

This is a pretty gross analogy. You're making the Club sound like some sort of savage debt collection agency or mob boss.

That would all be completed through the MyFreo login. It might seem like a small thing to most but forcing people to contact the club to get a refund is IMO very ordinary and is creating extra hardship on those who are already no doubt pretty embarrassed to be in the situation that they are in. Not what I would have expected the club to do.

Thats a pretty standard business transaction.

I manage a Aquatic and Fitness Centre and we certainly wouldn't be cancelling a membership without having a conversation with the customer first.
I think its completely reasonable to expect a discussion first and allow the club to explain alternative options.

Thats a pretty standard business transaction.

I manage a Aquatic and Fitness Centre and we certainly wouldn't be cancelling a membership without having a conversation with the customer first.
I think its completely reasonable to expect a discussion first and allow the club to explain alternative options.
All good. Clearly I’m on my own on this one so will just let it go.

Actually the default option (as in do nothing and this happens) is a full credit for the following season (minus a $50 fee)

Hopefully both clubs offer the same

My response is much more fun. I hung out with my dear weagle-loving friend just two days ago and this is what she said. Maybe she was misinformed, but it’s much more amusing laughing at the weags’ than thinking they might have come up with a plan that will benefit members (but still show them up for the greedy cashmongerers that they are).

Oh how I wish I was in Perth to get the options you guys are all getting. Interstate members getting treated like second class citizens again.
We get 10% off our 2021 membership with no promise of price freezes, and a hat that I'll never use. Wow.
There's a "guard of honour" opportunity, which, as someone that used to make the banner knows, they're pretty much begging people to do this at most away games.
And one entry into a prize to sit in the coaches box for a game, which is awesome sure, but like, compared to the draw that the perth members get to go in, is a bit underwhelming.

Platinum works for me

Given my membership was only 400 bucks or so, the offer of 20% discount, no price increase for two years and the merchandise, probably means this year I'm probably down only $200 bucks and the club can stay solvent. I don't mind it
Just wait till you win the house and your $699,800 up!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back