Waking up after a Hawthorn loss....

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Makgakgadi%20Vultures%203.JPG

Always good to wake up after a Hawthorn loss. Make a coffee, couple of pancakes for a Sunday morning and then sit down to read the regular vultures pick over the carcass. :)

Couldn't agree more. I mean, i know i don't post much, but christ i'm still trying to look at the positives here! It's only NAB cup guys, we were versing a nearly full strength adelaide squad over at AAMI where we've been absolutely carted countless times by them, and we were a real show right up to the last minute! Sure, some players disappoint, and the injury to muston has left a sour taste in everyone's mouth, but it's only flaming NAB! These are practise games, just for players to dust out the cobwebs from the break and get ready for the real season! When I think of the match, I'm filled with optimism regarding our future, regarding our depth. And those who made mistakes will either rectify them our be dropped, nothing more nothing less. That's what this comp is for.

Definitely agree. Too much negatives (Zac) and not enough positives. I was at the game and the work Hodge did on the ball, it was magical. Every time Cyril got near the ball I felt magic was about to be created. He is QUICK!!!!!
Buddy was kept reasonably quiet for the first 3 quarters, but very positive to see he didnt give up and kept us in the contest with some good second efforts. Gilham down back was very solid also.

All in all, I was pleased, mainly because we managed to work our way back into the game twice after crows got a bit of a lead. Seen many games where we just loose interest and are on the end of a flogging. New team, new feel though. Some untidy foot and hand skills, but it's still early. They'll be ironed out by round 1. Very excited for round 1!!!!

Couldn't agree more. I mean, i know i don't post much, but christ i'm still trying to look at the positives here! It's only NAB cup guys, we were versing a nearly full strength adelaide squad over at AAMI where we've been absolutely carted countless times by them, and we were a real show right up to the last minute! Sure, some players disappoint, and the injury to muston has left a sour taste in everyone's mouth, but it's only flaming NAB! These are practise games, just for players to dust out the cobwebs from the break and get ready for the real season! When I think of the match, I'm filled with optimism regarding our future, regarding our depth. And those who made will either rectify them our be dropped, nothing more nothing less. That's what this comp is for.
well said :thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more. I mean, i know i don't post much, but christ i'm still trying to look at the positives here! It's only NAB cup guys, we were versing a nearly full strength adelaide squad over at AAMI where we've been absolutely carted countless times by them, and we were a real show right up to the last minute! Sure, some players disappoint, and the injury to muston has left a sour taste in everyone's mouth, but it's only flaming NAB! These are practise games, just for players to dust out the cobwebs from the break and get ready for the real season! When I think of the match, I'm filled with optimism regarding our future, regarding our depth. And those who made mistakes will either rectify them our be dropped, nothing more nothing less. That's what this comp is for.

Ahhhh there Pegman, you should post more often if this is a sample of your thinking. Insightful, calm and right on the moolah.

There are posters on this board who are better suited to Richmond or Collingwood where it is expected they eat their young. Here at the Family Club we expect better from family members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Waking up after a Hawthorn loss....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back