Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Read from a prepared statement.

3 AW slammed for naming the club in unsubstaintiated allegations.

Spoken to players and satified that nothing at all took place.

Says the club has been defamed.

Now considering he read from a prepared statement, this was a considered and thought through statement.

3 AW may well be getting a suit against them. Unless of course they can put pressure on the alleged victim to accuse players.

Hope Neil can prove his claim otherwise may cost his employer a little bit of cash.

Originally posted by Joffaboy

Now considering he read from a prepared statement, this was a considered and thought through statement.

3 AW may well be getting a suit against them. Unless of course they can put pressure on the alleged victim to accuse players.

Hope Neil can prove his claim otherwise may cost his employer a little bit of cash.

good on em for taking a stand they had no right to broadcast stkilda's name without evidence

They really have no choice but to fight this one, if it were true sponsors would walk and the damage to the brand would be huge. Once can be excused as bad luck, twice starts to raise a lot of questions.

Can't see much in it myself but 3AW has good lawyers and they check this stuff out.

Hope the Saints hit them with everything they can.
Had an absolute gutful of these media parasites trying to make mileage out of anything that happens.
Not saying that the story is lies, but to name the club and insinuate guilt towards players before anything concrete is discovered is deplorable.
These people are why stories like Hawthorn's supposed rape 7 years ago are being rehashed. 7 years ago for ***** sake !!!!

Originally posted by medozaaaaaaaaaa
These people are why stories like Hawthorn's supposed rape 7 years ago are being rehashed. 7 years ago for ***** sake !!!!

Yes, it's all a media conspiracy, and after 7 years we should all let bygones be bygones shouldn't we ?:rolleyes:

No i'm wrong, i agree with you.*
The media should definitely drag up and rehash stories like these even though nothing ever came or will come of it.
Fine, if you've done something wrong you deserved to be hauled over the coals for it, but getting sick and tired of these guys bringing up ****e like this purely to sell the day's newspapers.

*sarcasm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by medozaaaaaaaaaa
No i'm wrong, i agree with you.*
The media should definitely drag up and rehash stories like these even though nothing ever came or will come of it.
Fine, if you've done something wrong you deserved to be hauled over the coals for it, but getting sick and tired of these guys bringing up ****e like this purely to sell the day's newspapers.

*sarcasm

I doubt the lady concerned views it as a means of selling newspapers. I know it is a fairly standard defence to try to blame someone else, and portray yourself as a victim, but let's not forget the women who are the real victims in these matters.

Originally posted by Joffaboy

Joffa
Maybe you could get 3AW closed down. :D

Originally posted by morgoth
They really have no choice but to fight this one, if it were true sponsors would walk and the damage to the brand would be huge. Once can be excused as bad luck, twice starts to raise a lot of questions.

2. Can't see much in it myself but 3AW has good lawyers and they check this stuff out.

1. yes
2. no

Originally posted by DarkRider
I doubt the lady concerned views it as a means of selling newspapers. I know it is a fairly standard defence to try to blame someone else, and portray yourself as a victim, but let's not forget the women who are the real victims in these matters.

hang on, you're acting like these guys have been charged for this stuff.
fact is, they haven't.
i'll be the first to abuse these guys if they're guilty, but you're no different to the media taking an ubsunstantiated rumour as gospel.
who gives these monkeys the right to put forward this crap before anything has been investigated ?.
i'm sure everyone feels alot better that a clown like Neil Mitchell has taken upon himself to become football's moral guardian.
rape is rape, and slander is slander.

Remove this Banner Ad

Waldron slams 3AW and says club has been defamed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back