Walker on Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Poorly executed bump that clipped his head

1 week

people calling it a dog act would be the same numpties to cry about how the game is turning into netball in the same breathe

If Tex got 10-15 cms lower, it would have been the perfect bump

4 options

Intentional, High contact, Low impact - 1 week
Intentional, High contact, Medium impact - 2 weeks
Careless, High contact, Low impact - Fine
Careless, High contact, Medium impact - 1 week.

Does this cover possible outcomes?

My thinking is Intentional, High and Low for a 1 week suspension.

4 options

Intentional, High contact, Low impact - 1 week
Intentional, High contact, Medium impact - 2 weeks
Careless, High contact, Low impact - Fine
Careless, High contact, Medium impact - 1 week.

Does this cover possible outcomes?

My thinking is Intentional, High and Low for a 1 week suspension.
Id have my money on this as well.

Last edited:

Should be just the one week.
Tuohy played on.

That in itself is a flawed system as many have said numerous times. If he does the same bump to someone less tough than the Irishman and it ends with concussion and it's 2-3 weeks. Ditto Jeremy Cameron if that doesn't end with concussion then it'd have been 1 week or so.

Deeply flawed system.

Why? a free kick was paid, it was shirt front that went high, so he will cop a fine. It wouldn’t be big talking point if it wasn’t Tex.
Being Tex has certainly influenced someones opinion and its not the person you think.

It wouldn't be AFL if it wasn't deeply flawed.

The penalty is not based on the action but the victim's ability to absorb the force of the blow. Unless they decide it isn't. Which they could. For any number of reasons invented on the spot.
Reason 1: Misconduct safety net.. which loosely translates to "we don't want to rub out a brownlow fancy".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I said it would be 1 week for Walker

"Careless conduct with medium impact to the head."
Gibbs should definately contest that..

This is as soft as it gets.. Selwood should’ve been fined for bloody staging... watch the little cheats legs.. he helps initiate the contact and he actually lifts his feet off the ground as he drops to the ground..

So pathetic
B4182281-40DD-4876-875C-9364AE8E1DCE.gif B1A298C6-947B-4BDD-982F-745790FAA88D.gif

Yeah i'm so confused by this.

Player firmly has eyes set on opposition player even though ball is in the area, slightly leaves the ground and happens to connect with the head. If that's not intentional i'm not sure where that line is..?

It's been flawed for so long that majority of the time the suspension/fine is all dependent on the outcome health wise of the player. They aren't actually judging the action, moreso the reaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker on Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back