Remove this Banner Ad

pete18

Rookie
Sep 13, 2003
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
The word from an official at the richmond football club is that wallace is showing a great interest in the young foward steve johnson form the cats, and would probably be quiet happy if he can get a straight swap ottens for johnson.

I'm sure there'd be 15 clubs interested in Dog Johnson, and for good reason.

If thats what's required to get Ottens, i'd pass.

phatandphreaky said:
I'm sure there'd be 15 clubs interested in Dog Johnson, and for good reason.

If thats what's required to get Ottens, i'd pass.
amazing how we
mention one of your untouchables and you guys say no way.by the way
we got lot of clubs interested in otto so we don't have to deal directly the
pussy cats. :rolleyes:

tigerboyz said:
amazing how we
mention one of your untouchables and you guys say no way.by the way
we got lot of clubs interested in otto so we don't have to deal directly the
pussy cats. :rolleyes:

lot's of teams interested, I wonder how much they think will have to pay.

Miller can talk all he wants, but I wonder what the bid will be.

pete18 said:
The word from an official at the richmond football club is that wallace is showing a great interest in the young foward steve johnson form the cats, and would probably be quiet happy if he can get a straight swap ottens for johnson.

Steve who? You can stick that trade!!!!

Itsintheblood ... you fool ! Steve Johnson is just as talented as Gary Ablett Jnr and his record at this point is just as good. He is genuinely tough (ask Luke Power) and has sublime skills. Ottens for Johnson would be a fair trade and I would nearly ask Richmond to throw in a 3rd round draft pick as well ... and NO I am not a Geelong supporter.

pete18 said:

Ummmmm....no.

I think this 'Richmond official' is a hopeful Richmond supporter who posts on bigfooty.com.....

Insider said:
Itsintheblood ... you fool ! Steve Johnson is just as talented as Gary Ablett Jnr and his record at this point is just as good. He is genuinely tough (ask Luke Power) and has sublime skills. Ottens for Johnson would be a fair trade and I would nearly ask Richmond to throw in a 3rd round draft pick as well ... and NO I am not a Geelong supporter.

I think you seem to be forgetting that even though Ottens has been disappointing to date - his is a mobile ruckman that has good skills and can play ff - there aren't many around I'm afraid and Richmond would have preferd to keep him. There are stacks of smallish forwards/midfielders that show potential in the draft & well be taking the best one in the draft anyway. Right or wrong Ottens is a valued commodity.

Insider said:

You may think Johnson is better but talls are in demand, not flankers.
Offer Johnson or Ottens to 15 other clubs and Ottens would be the overwhelming favourite.
As for the Johnson and Ablett comparison :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I am saying is that if Ablett was on offer the Tigers would move heaven & earth to get him and I personally believe that Johnson is just as good if not better value than Ablett.

fishman said:
Ummmmm....no.

I think this 'Richmond official' is a hopeful Richmond supporter who posts on bigfooty.com.....

Wrong mate because i am a geelong supporter myself

wallace interested in young cat for ottens was the thread title wasn't it? Well I hope it's a laugh. Why put a talented young Geelong player through the heartbreak of a richmond rebuild from bottom place. Especially when he's on the cusp of a Premiership. :mad:

That would be damn cruel.

We'll just take the top 10 pick and Geelongs first rounder.
Then everyone (Geelong Richmond and Brad) is happy.

DirtyDogTiger said:
wallace interested in young cat for ottens was the thread title wasn't it? Well I hope it's a laugh. Why put a talented young Geelong player through the heartbreak of a richmond rebuild from bottom place. Especially when he's on the cusp of a Premiership. :mad:

That would be damn cruel.

We'll just take the top 10 pick and Geelongs first rounder.
Then everyone (Geelong Richmond and Brad) is happy.
If North have offered Simmonds a four year contract in exchange for pick 10 how are u going to get a top 10 pick? None of the other clubs are dealing their top picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

wallace interested in young cat for ottens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back