Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Better? It's different. I have a background in Exercise Science, then went to the US and studied Kinesiology, did a Dpt, and gained an acupuncture licence.

Now you know.

And now you are an academic doing some consulting? Was that right? Kinda funny when you were bagging Gone Critical and his medical background.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First 5-6 weeks was A+. Has dropped that output since.

Good question r.e if he's an A-grader or not.

One B&F & zero AA gongs in 200 games would indicate he's not. But at the same time he is incredibly consistent/durable.
It’s a fascinating discussion re Steele.

Running, he’s elite, Uber elite.
Everything else just below the highest grades but a very strong B +
All up say A -

But so durable and reliable.

One other aspect which is important, does play VERY well in big games.

Real good player.

(Not prolific group 1 winner but runs places in them with snaring a Group 1 or so
more Zipping than Efficient)

And now you are an academic doing some consulting? Was that right? Kinda funny when you were bagging Gone Critical and his medical background.

I wasn't bagging GC and his medical background - merely questioning his hypotheses based upon his love of evidence-based medicine, something which is fundamental to a surgeon, but which differs greatly in physical therapy.

Moore: Rd 2 "Just a bit of tightness in the hammy. Off for precaution = 1 game since

Treloar: "Yeah a bit of cramp in the hammies = Gone for 7 weeks

Dunn: "Knock to the knee" = Out for year

Elliot: "Progressing well. Close to selection. 0 games.

Don't know who this is or if it is Walsh or the medical staff. But thank God they are not my Dr.

"Relax it's just a slight headache and a bit of indigestion. And that burning sensation when you take a slash is nothing to worry about."
True true.

But your doctor would have you rest completely; they wouldn’t be working on you to have you playing at the highest level of physical stress. And working to get you back to be smashed up all over again.
Otherwise they’d have them all rest and enjoy themselves with light excercise.

That’s the great issue, we want the human body to recover as quickly as possible so they can crash and bash.

Nothing more important than sleep, rest, then more sleep and rest.
Plus appropriate excercise.

Last edited:
Moore: Rd 2 "Just a bit of tightness in the hammy. Off for precaution = 1 game since

Treloar: "Yeah a bit of cramp in the hammies = Gone for 7 weeks

Dunn: "Knock to the knee" = Out for year

Elliot: "Progressing well. Close to selection. 0 games.

Don't know who this is or if it is Walsh or the medical staff. But thank God they are not my Dr.

"Relax it's just a slight headache and a bit of indigestion. And that burning sensation when you take a slash is nothing to worry about."

admiral-ackbar-urologist_o_1648225.jpg

I really hope that after the previous reoccurences of hamstrings by the likes of Elliott and Moore, we've been extra diligent and conservative in our approach this time around so that there's really no doubt.

In hindsight it would've been great to have them ready and wait an extra couple of weeks last time, especially in such a long season, but anyway... that's footy.

I know nothing about the likes of Fooks as a physio, but surely as someone who has been with us for quite a while when we've had numerous problems, his job would've come under scrutiny had our review been as significant as we suggested?

Feel like these players returning could make or break him, and us.

Don’t get sucked in by someone using anatomical terms. You seem to be putting weight on a fella talking about $1400 scotch and his wife’s silk undies.

Nope. I put weight on what the physios I’m friends with say, which is very similar to BC (and I’m not talking about scotch and undies) What are your qualifications?

Nope. I put weight on what the physios I’m friends with say, which is very similar to BC (and I’m not talking about scotch and undies) What are your qualifications?

With respect you are suffering from confirmation bias. You read something on a BigFooty board from someone who has no clinical knowledge of the actual patient in question but sounds knowledgeable to you. And it sounds like what you think - that we have had a bad run with injuries ergo our medical staff are flawed. So you are drawn to that.

You further feed that bias through framing questions and hearing what you want to hear with your pals. I am more Rumsfeldian. I know what I don’t know so I cannot comment on player injuries or our medical staff.

But I can comment on someone doing that. Common sense apex. Don’t get sucked in. BC is trolling for fun. And it is fun.

My qualifications are irrelevant to the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a fascinating discussion re Steele.

Running, he’s elite, Uber elite.
Everything else just below the highest grades but a very strong B +
All up say A -

But so durable and reliable.

One other aspect which is important, does play VERY well in big games.

Real good player.

(Not prolific group 1 winner but runs places in them with snaring a Group 1 or so
more Zipping than Efficient)
I agree with all of that.

Reminds me of the mid 2000's horse, Our Smoking Joe - as good a horse not to win a G1.

northpie :
I think you are onto something here sideswipe. Sounds like the qualifications of that healer in 60 minutes the other week.

Charlie was his name too.

Stranger things....

Is it strange that Richmond can put Prestia straight into their first team after missing 6 straight games?

It sounds strange for a Collingwood player to ever have that occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think when your team is firmly in the top 4 with a healthy list you can afford to be patient and let them have a couple of extra weeks of really strong training with extra strength and conditioning.

Other teams would probably get them to play VFL and slowly build up game time over a week or two to try and fast track their match fitness.

Good position to be in.

If you’re trying to make yourself look like a twit, you’re doing an excellent job of it.

Not only is the bloke pulling this shit, but he’s also a lawyer! I’m still wondering how the Hawks will fit Rioli’s payout in the 2018 salary cap :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back