Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd actually understand Hamas trying to eliminate Netanyahu instead of a large scale terror attack targeted at civilians.

Not sure why they haven't gone down this path.

Capability would be the biggest factor?

There a bit of a difference between unguided rockets and a precision air/drone strike with verified intel.

Has Israel claimed responsibility yet? Keeping an open mind here, it might not have been them.

That would be highly unlikely. Other possible candidates would be any Arab state on peaceful terms with Israel or Saudi Arabia.

But they are aldo generally considered enemies of Iran so don't see them getting into and out of Iran to assassinate Haniyeh.

Therefore the logical conclusion is Israel took him out.

They're not going to, to give Iran an out to not respond. Doesn't sound like it's going to work.

Iran gets to shape the narrative here. Reports vary: some say Haniyeh's compound was hit by a missile fired from a nearby residential building, others claim it came from a naval vessel. As for who was responsible - whether Iran, Israel, or another Islamist paramilitary group, I'm at 50/50

That would be highly unlikely. Other possible candidates would be any Arab state on peaceful terms with Israel or Saudi Arabia.

But they are aldo generally considered enemies of Iran so don't see them getting into and out of Iran to assassinate Haniyeh.

Therefore the logical conclusion is Israel took him out.

Sure, Israel has had him as a target and I was surprised at the opportunities they appeared to pass on but this was ISIS just in January. They're not the only group operating within Iran.

DUBAI, Jan 4 (Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility on Thursday for two explosions in Iran that killed nearly 100 people and wounded scores at a memorial for top commander Qassem Soleimani.
In a statement posted on its affiliate Telegram channels, the militant Sunni Muslim group said two IS members had detonated explosive belts in the crowd that had gathered at the cemetery in the southeastern Iranian city of Kerman on Wednesday.

Israel receives little economic aid so not sure how you think this works.
It's not the economic aid cashpile I'm talking about, it's the money laundering cashpile that is moved through the country in the trillions

It's not the economic aid cashpile I'm talking about, it's the money laundering cashpile that is moved through the country in the trillions

I'm sure you are probably aware that military aid is assigned an economic value. No actual money is transferred in these transactions. This isn't money being laundered.

What examples do you have of trillions of dollars of money being "laundered" through Israel?

I'm sure you are probably aware that military aid is assigned an economic value. No actual money is transferred in these transactions. This isn't money being laundered.

What examples do you have of trillions of dollars of money being "laundered" through Israel?
The silence from the worlds most powerful to on going war crimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that direct assassinations should be the way to go for Israel.

There is plenty of evidence of Hamas forcing civilians to stay put where advanced notice of bombing operations is given though.

I just have to ask again - what is the purpose of bombing a residential building, if you've warned Hamas to leave?

Are they just going to continue to raze all of Gaza to deny Hamas any possible shelter?

What is the end goal here?

First step is removal of Hamas / a united Palestine. Hamas / Iran / Hezbollah have repeatedly declared their intent to wipe all Jews off the face of the earth and destruction of Israel. As long as that's a policy there will never be peace.

Hamas changed their charter years ago, they've known Israel is not going anywhere since before the 2005 withdrawal. Several Hamas leaders have entered negotiations for long term ceasefires and agreements with Israel, but they have a habit of being assassinated at inopportune times.

Ahmed Yassin himself was offering a 10 year truce, leaving Israel to keep its 2004 territory in return for a Palestinian state in Gaza and the West Bank. He and his successor Rantisi were assassinated months apart, shortly after these offers, which dramatically boosted sympthy for Hamas and probably led to their election in Gaza.

Ahmed Jabari in 2012, who had been negotiating a truce with Israeli peace activists and Ehud Barak when Netanyahu had him killed via missile strike out of the blue. Ruined all negotiations and neutered any mediation in the region.

Now Haniyeh, the one trying to reach a ceasefire and hostage deal, is wiped out. Actually a moderate compared to Sinwar who might be his replacement?

Even Israeli officials admit Netanyahu has blocked any hostage deal.

A united Palestine is interesting - you surely acknowledge that this is exactly the thing that Netanyahu has spent his life preventing? His support for Hamas is widely acknowledged, as a way to keep Gaza seperate from the West Bank leadership. I'm not sure how anyone manages peace with that.

I just have to ask again - what is the purpose of bombing a residential building, if you've warned Hamas to leave?

Are they just going to continue to raze all of Gaza to deny Hamas any possible shelter?

What is the end goal here?

Hamas changed their charter years ago, they've known Israel is not going anywhere since before the 2005 withdrawal. Several Hamas leaders have entered negotiations for long term ceasefires and agreements with Israel, but they have a habit of being assassinated at inopportune times.

Ahmed Yassin himself was offering a 10 year truce, leaving Israel to keep its 2004 territory in return for a Palestinian state in Gaza and the West Bank. He and his successor Rantisi were assassinated months apart, shortly after these offers, which dramatically boosted sympthy for Hamas and probably led to their election in Gaza.

Ahmed Jabari in 2012, who had been negotiating a truce with Israeli peace activists and Ehud Barak when Netanyahu had him killed via missile strike out of the blue. Ruined all negotiations and neutered any mediation in the region.

Now Haniyeh, the one trying to reach a ceasefire and hostage deal, is wiped out. Actually a moderate compared to Sinwar who might be his replacement?

Even Israeli officials admit Netanyahu has blocked any hostage deal.

A united Palestine is interesting - you surely acknowledge that this is exactly the thing that Netanyahu has spent his life preventing? His support for Hamas is widely acknowledged, as a way to keep Gaza seperate from the West Bank leadership. I'm not sure how anyone manages peace with that.

Yes, Netanyahu needs to go to.

I would say Israel would fully comply in the instance that Iran/Hezbollah/Hamas standing down their genocidal Nazi like war against Israel tomorrow.

Israel's continued illegal occupations, settler terrorism and ongoing massacre of civilians and destruction of all civil infrastructure is an actual genocide occurring right now vs a theoretical one that has no chance of ever becoming a reality. It's a convenient justification for Israel to continue their crimes against the Palestinian people and continue occupying/stealing their land despite the Palestinian people largely being victims of the same groups you denounce.

First step is removal of Hamas / a united Palestine. Hamas / Iran / Hezbollah have repeatedly declared their intent to wipe all Jews off the face of the earth and destruction of Israel. As long as that's a policy there will never be peace.

Hamas is a symptom, not a cause. Israeli crimes against the Palestinians pre-date Hamas. Intent and reality are poles apart here, there are many nutjobs in the world who declare their intent for all manner of things, few of them ever come to fruition. Intent without capability is meaningless. Israel has the capability and seemingly the intent and it is demonstrating that right now for the world to see.

Some analysis is pointing to Islamic Jihad as responsible for Haniyeh's assassination. Their representatives were in Iran at the time, in talks about their role in Gaza when Hamas is done.

They would have no role while Haniyeh was still alive.

So it's said. Could make sense imo.

Insiders are saying Israel had covertly rigged his apartment months earlier.

Islamic Jihad's never going to have a role in Gaza or any region of Palestine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

Back