Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredrea would be much more effective as a voice outside tearing into Koch and hinkley.
There simply is not enough noise pulling down publicly the wall that these control freaks have put up!

As Choco would say:

KLEM22...
You're WRONG!

give him time. if ol' donuts can get a baker's decade, we can expect more than 6 months to wait for results

It's not only time. He needs HELP. And help takes time. As far as he knows, he's alone.

Things that take time before he can achieve anything:
  • finding people he can actually trust there;
  • learning a way to deal with those who want to gain his trust just to discover what he's up to and stop it;
  • finding out WHO are the people he can sway their opinions and HOW he can do it;
  • determining a strategy to get people elected to the board and nominated in the committees who would support him.

There are probably more things still.

Tredrea is in "Year 0". His timeclock shouldn't be running.

People complaining now are suffering from premature ejaculation. Hold the horses, please.

Let's be honest. It's really hard to know when someone is being sincere or BS'ing; specially people we don't know well. The best we can do is guessing.

I think ElectricG [was] being reasonable voicing his concerns. I also think he's wrong about them, but, indeed, Tredrea's public persona on footy radio has changed.

The issue here is EG's reluctance in accepting this was expected and giving Tredrea the benefit of the doubt. This is where I think he's mistaken. [And where he stopped being reasonable.]
Whether it's denialism or trolling, EG clinging to his shitfully wrong opinion atleast gives us that pic of Elspeth looking rather glum.

Let's be honest. It's really hard to know when someone is being sincere or BS'ing; specially people we don't know well. The best we can do is guessing.

I think ElectricG [was] being reasonable voicing his concerns. I also think he's wrong about them, but, indeed, Tredrea's public persona on footy radio has changed.

The issue here is EG's reluctance in accepting this was expected and giving Tredrea the benefit of the doubt. This is where I think he's mistaken. [And where he stopped being reasonable.]
I guess it comes down to exactly what people were expecting. If you were expecting Tredders to become non-committal on Ken through comments like "he has the full support of the board" or to even go as far as say Ken is the right man for the job (as per your cited example), he hasn't actually done this to my knowledge. What I don't think anyone could have reasonably expected is him becoming the most vocal Hinkley apologist in the media. He's doing so much for Ken that he doesn't have to - even if he has to appear to be towing the line, he can still point out coaching and strategic shortcomings or at the very least be silent.

Every single time someone tries to draw attention to poor coaching, he swiftly steers the conversation back to "young leaders on the field" who "need to stand up". Even the disaster that was playing an injured Rozee, Tredrea seemed to blame on Rozee himself by chortling "what the hell was he trying to do with that karate kick!?".

I don't expect him to publicly tear down Ken. It's not about what I want him to do, it's about what I want him to not do. And that's be the biggest shill for Ken. He doesn't need to do that. One Tredrea quote I would like to share that I believe is an example of him going over and above for Ken when faced with scrutiny is "I'm not in a coaching panel. Yes, I've got a role around the club. But, I'm not sure on the messaging, I'm not sure what the focus is. But I have access to some information and it looks good. So for me it comes down to, fundamentally, the players to bring your own competitive spirit consistently." If that sort of garbage was within the scope of your predictions then fine, but personally I'm not convinced.

This thread man...

The last few pages are absolutely baffling.

Prominent voices on this forum have had a direct line to various movers and shakers at Alberton throughout the years, as well as friendships and business relationships in some cases.

To write these unspoken connections off as “just some random internet nerds engaging in cosplay” is like something Michelangelo Rucci would do circa 2006.

The last few pages are absolutely baffling.

Prominent voices on this forum have had a direct line to various movers and shakers at Alberton throughout the years, as well as friendships and business relationships in some cases.

To write these unspoken connections off as “just some random internet nerds engaging in cosplay” is like something Michelangelo Rucci would do circa 2006.
If it isnt said on 5AA then it isnt gospel man.

Could you please give one example of any point in the history of AFL football where a sitting board member at an AFL club has publicly criticised their club's coach and publicly called for their sacking? Just one will do. I'll wait here.
ElectricG still waiting buddy.

And if Warren signs off on another Ken extension?
I would disapprove of that. On an equally relevant note, if Warren burned down my house, I would disapprove of that too. But he hasn't done either of those things, so why are we talking about them?

It's not only time. He needs HELP. And help takes time. As far as he knows, he's alone.

Things that take time before he can achieve anything:
  • finding people he can actually trust there;
  • learning a way to deal with those who want to gain his trust just to discover what he's up to and stop it;
  • finding out WHO are the people he can sway their opinions and HOW he can do it;
  • determining a strategy to get people elected to the board and nominated in the committees who would support him.

There are probably more things still.

Tredrea is in "Year 0". His timeclock shouldn't be running.

People complaining now are suffering from premature ejaculation. Hold the horses, please.
This X plenty GP, as you would be aware being a board member of any organisation is as much about politics as it is about the core business of that organisation.

Tredrea has to get a feel for who can be swayed, it could be because they are unhappy with the chair, his decisions and the lack of results brought about by those decisions or any number of other reasons, and those who are just along for the ride and the once per month back slapping and the coffee and donuts, it was never ever going to be a 5 minute exercise.

I will be absolutely amazed and extremely disappointed if koch attempts to give hinkley yet another unearned extension that even if Tredrea is a lone voice he just falls in meekly behind him and accepts the status quo, and I've long held the opinion if koch is eventually called out for his lack of football club nous he will go down quicker than a $20 hooker.

If WGT becomes just another of koch's sycophants I will put a line through his name, but I strongly doubt that will happen, and said line won't be necessary.

ElectricG still waiting buddy.
I can't. Mind you I don't remember another board member being appointed on the basis of having called out a coach. In any case, I have just finished saying that even if he doesn't have the courage to continue to criticise Ken, there are things he needs to stop doing.
I would disapprove of that. On an equally relevant note, if Warren burned down my house, I would disapprove of that too. But he hasn't done either of those things, so why are we talking about them?
Someone brought up how they will @ me when I'm proven wrong - I'm assuming this means when Ken is sacked and WGT is revealed to be one of the main proponents of that decision. I'm saying what would cause me to @ some of you if I were equally petty. Will you admit to being wrong if Ken is extended?

I know.

I'm saying what would cause me to @ some of you if I were equally petty. Will you admit to being wrong if Ken is extended?
If Ken is extended again then I certainly won't be voting for Tredrea again at the next board elections, yes (although to be fair if Ken is extended I wouldn't be eligible to vote at the next board election because I won't be a member anymore).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't. Mind you I don't remember another board member being appointed on the basis of having called out a coach.
If you think members voted for Tredrea for this reason alone, you are a moron.

I can't. Mind you I don't remember another board member being appointed on the basis of having called out a coach. In any case, I have just finished saying that even if he doesn't have the courage to continue to criticise Ken, there are things he needs to stop doing.

Someone brought up how they will @ me when I'm proven wrong - I'm assuming this means when Ken is sacked and WGT is revealed to be one of the main proponents of that decision. I'm saying what would cause me to @ some of you if I were equally petty. Will you admit to being wrong if Ken is extended?
If Ken's contract is extended Alberton will end up being burned down.

"I'm not in a coaching panel"

Hint #1: He's not part of the coaching panel. That means he needs to keep his nose out, which would include taking pot shots from the side.

"I'm not sure on the messaging, I'm not sure what the focus is"

Hint #2: He's raised messaging as a part of coaching and states that he's not sure about what it is or where its focus lays. This is the most crucial part of what he's said. Remember this for later on.

"I have access to some information and it looks good"

Hint #3: Some (maybe only one) of the coaches have given him some information on the game plan/strategy/tactics/etc and in his mind it looks sound. Nothing unusual about this. We're able to compete against most teams most of the time. Stands to reason that there are some things that are 'good' about our program.

"It comes down to, fundamentally, the players to bring (their) own competitive spirit consistently"

Here we have the part that you probably feel is the 'smoking gun'.
Here's where I refer you to Hint #2. They're connected.

Ergo: if (multiple lists of) players have NOT been able to "bring their own competitive spirit consistently", it needs to be asked, "why not?"

It comes down to preparation, motivation, and inspiration. All things that sit under the mantle of the head coach, possibly a small part lies with the fitness coach and program as well. Where else do you lay the blame?

Even if it can be shown that Ken is doing everything right, the scenario above paints a picture of a coach who has lost the players. Which breaks down the Daddy Hinkley fantasy that the club has been peddling the past few years.

As someone raised earlier, your simplistic claim that "he's done a backflip now that he's got his board position" begs the question, "why?" What is there to gain in doing that?

Tredrea already tried calling things out publicly and the result was the Chairman belittling him and another contract extension for Hinkley.

He's currently doing great work both at board level and as a member of the football committee. He's a much better chance of being listened to and bringing change from the seat he's in now.
The way this ship is run I think if the majority rule Tredrea could easily be cornered as well as shut down. Koch is a control freak, we have seen that with 12 years of hinkly without a deviation from Kochs policies. The more noise on the outside the better imo.
Either way this ship has been driven onto the rocks and won't be going anywhere soon.

The way this ship is run I think if the majority rule Tredrea could easily be cornered as well as shut down. Koch is a control freak, we have seen that with 12 years of hinkly without a deviation from Kochs policies. The more noise on the outside the better imo.
Either way this ship has been driven onto the rocks and won't be going anywhere soon.

The assumption that Koch doesn't listen to Tredrea is just that - an assumption.

We know the club is very insular and regards anything and everything outside of it to be 'white noise'. I put it to you that Warren is gaining credibility by serving on the board, serving on the football committee, being privy to all of the information that the rest of the board is privy to. He is, theoretically, the most prominent voice regarding matters on field in that board room. They would want a very, very good reason to go against his recommendations on the future of the coach when that time comes.

That Warren with Timmy G video shows how diplomatic and measured Tredrea can be. Whilst Timmy started getting mad, Warren was cool, articulate, and fair.

Anyway, if some scrubber nobody like me can reach out to Tredrea and get replied too, then I imagine there's a lot of people with good dialogues with him, I have no reason to believe people here would fib about it. If anyone did detect a change of heart or tone from him directly I am sure they would voice it.

What I don't think anyone could have reasonably expected is him becoming the most vocal Hinkley apologist in the media.

TazD said it, and I’ve quoted it already:

Tredrea will absolutely say Ken is the best person for the job at some point this year if he gets elected.

You may not have thought “anyone could have reasonably expected… him becoming the most vocal Hinkley apologist”, but that’s precisely what people here are trying to tell you from the beginning. People have reasonably expected it, they have even posted about it. They aren’t surprised with it at all.

TazD said it, and I’ve quoted it already:

Tredrea will absolutely say Ken is the best person for the job at some point this year if he gets elected.

You may not have thought “anyone could have reasonably expected… him becoming the most vocal Hinkley apologist”, but that’s precisely what people here are trying to tell you from the beginning. People have reasonably expected it, they have even posted about it. They aren’t surprised with it at all.
I have acknowledged your TazD quote already. Some amount of toeing the line was predicted, yes. I contend that the degree to which WGT would go on to stridently argue that the club's problems lie with players and their poor efforts is what's well outside reasonable expectations. I provided a specific quote of his earlier, and the response wasn't that we all expected him to say this type of thing, instead it was some very umm... "creative" interpretation.

By the way, I went to your quote and found at least some comments from that time period raising concern that him being appointed to the board would result in him being 'white anted' and going on to support Ken/Koch. So if my concern is warranted, then that was predicted here too.

Koch:
Revenge Of The Fifth GIF by Australian Survivor

Tredders:
Sexy Season 1 GIF by Everything's Trash

Electric G:
Gone Bad GIF

Gremio:
Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

Bigfooty:
Never Gonna Happen GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back