Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope anyone who wants to speak their mind gives 5AA a call this arvo to speak to Warren to let him know just how is supporters are feeling.

He is the member's elected director, and we are privileged today to have him on radio for the entire 3 hour drive show.

The fans have the opportunity this afternoon to make Ken's position (if it wasn't already), untenable.

Whateley going hard with the ‘mob’ Will get him campaign.

Amazing.

Amazing.
Wait for 360 and the dramatic music overlay to angry scenes and booing. How can he survive will be his caption. We will be targeted as ungrateful, unfriendly to any newly interested coach, unrealistic in our expectations.

I actually believe our club in the Afl has an inferiority complex. We never flex enough & rarely draw on our proud history (success) in a meaningful way when the competition is biting us. Words actually count & they can be used to gain status, respect & fair treatment within the Afl environment. Kens continual messaging is always to deningrate the club & that outrages me. He is such a loser & it shocks me that our club would allow him to represent us for so long. He is barely articulate when interviewed. It's just so embarassing for the club & its members. But at its core it just shows how little the people in charge actally rate our club. I don't care what competition we play in, standards should always be preserved & we should always uphold THE CREED.
Absolutely agree, there are plenty of current Port supporters who weren't around in Bob McLean's day so they may not be aware of this, but he demanded respect for the club and its achievements, and he got it!

I have recollections of hearing a number of high ranking officials of the then VFL defer to how tough he was in negotiations, with one (it may have even been Ron Barassi) comment the only things to come out of Alberton oval are homing pigeons and boomerangs!

Now, under the so called leadership of koch we have become a cap in hand, forelock tugging `little old blue collar club from Alberton!' o_O

It's f****** sickening how far we have fallen down the totem pole under his inept management.

I hope anyone who wants to speak their mind gives 5AA a call this arvo to speak to Warren to let him know just how is supporters are feeling.

He is the member's elected director, and we are privileged today to have him on radio for the entire 3 hour drive show.

The fans have the opportunity this afternoon to make Ken's position (if it wasn't already), untenable.
Thank you for letting us know

Absolutely agree, there are plenty of current Port supporters who weren't around in Bob McLean's day so they may not be aware of this, but he demanded respect for the club and its achievements, and he got it!

I have recollections of hearing a number of high ranking officials of the then VFL defer to how tough he was in negotiations, with one (it may have even been Ron Barassi) comment the only things to come out of Alberton oval are homing pigeons and boomerangs!

Now, under the so called leadership of koch we have become a cap in hand, forelock tugging `little old blue collar club from Alberton!' o_O

It's f****** sickening how far we have fallen down the totem pole under his inept management.

Having just re-read DYNASTY, I totally agree.

It's impossible to read the book and not see how much the club has deteriorated.

Wait for 360 and the dramatic music overlay to angry scenes and booing. How can he survive will be his caption. We will be targeted as ungrateful, unfriendly to any newly interested coach, unrealistic in our expectations.

Well there are only 18 jobs in the AFL for head coach, don't bother applying if your not interested.... actually what am I saying, it's already been handed to Carr....

Lets face it, Carr, Buckley, they would all understand the club more than Hinkley ever has, it wouldn't phase them. Ken is literally the guy would have never bought into it (like showdowns) hence why he just lingers taking his pay cheque and despises the supporter base....

No wonder there is a mob.

Amazing.

I think most football fans, and probably in other sporting codes as well for the most part are quite reasonable people. When a team has success those involved are congratulated. When you don't have success, you analyse and question the reasons why. Some probably are a bit over the top whether it be a little too passionate, but many will use facts and figures and are quite logical in raising key issues whether it be around coaching, tactics, selection, list management etc.

Nothing would please me more than to be congratulating those at the club for their success, any success. But when you have the record we do, highlighted with 2 final wins in 9 years I can't do that. Our results are poor when we benchmark them against the rest of the competition. Nothing to do with wanting SANFL levels of success or expecting regular premierships.

Gerard Whateley, Kane, Rucci continue to have pops at us and paint us as fickle and unreasonable in our demands. "White noise"

The latest one "We are Anti-Victorian" I expect Gerard might jump on this bandwagon soon as well. The whole narrative that Ken was never truly accepted. We signed a Coach who couldn't get a Senior job in Victoria, and have also given him four separate contract extensions along the way!

These are some of the same media people who called for Premiership Coaches to be moved on like Beveridge and Simpson and were essentially wanting Rutten and Teague sacked less than two years into their Coaching tenures (that seems more mob mentality to me than questioning a coach with no success in season 12 at the helm)

It is not mob mentality. It isn't even about being ruthless as some people talk about. It is merely wanting a basic level of accountability and standards. No other club in the history of VFL/AFL football has given a Coach as long to obtain success and in a results driven industry, we never will again.

To keep it somewhat related to Warren Tredrea being we are in that thread, I am sure I am not the only one who has had interaction with Warren and I take a lot of comfort that he has the best interests of the club at heart and I would not feel too disillusioned with what he has or hasn't said in his media roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredders doing work boys

lol Richardson calling 5AA for what a caller has said (he couldn't believe what he said)

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

“Con man” was probably too strong a descriptor for the relatively staid arena of talkback radio, but the caller’s point was sound.

Joey Montagna pointed out Hinkley’s duplicity regarding the list and where we’re at for all to see on First Crack.

I just cant fathom the world we are in where its absolutely fine for a head coach and football director to denigrate their players and list, but totally not ok for a member elect board member to disagree and say our list is decent.

Lethal said just last night you dont do that, you dont shit on the list.......but we are through the looking glass when it comes to Ken

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

“Con man” was probably too strong a descriptor for the relatively staid arena of talkback radio, but the caller’s point was sound.

Joey Montagna pointed out Hinkley’s duplicity regarding the list and where we’re at for all to see on First Crack.
That's what has stuffed Hinkley and his clique in the media over. David King and Leigh Montagna have dissected Hinkley and his failings and shown them up with proper analysis based on facts. It can't be disputed and it can't be misinterpreted. About time it has happened it should've been done years ago.

Now it's just bollocks about how 'loyal' and how 'good' a bloke Ken Hinkley is in response to what happened Saturday and what King and Montagna have pointed out. That's the laughable part of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back