Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

The last 2 games, the most telling part of post game callers teeing off on AA, is the silence of Timmy G and Warren, when the callers have gone full bore at Hinkley and/or Koch and/or Davies and/or Richo.

No defence is put up by them, there is silence and then producer Sam Tugwell, says who the next caller is.

I've actually been impressed with how Tredders has dealt with the ranters tonight, if people listen there's a lot in what he's not saying which indicates there's questions already being asked, my belief in him is stronger if anything.

Mentioning his discomfort/& or discussions need to be had with the AFL regarding board appointments & control was also encouraging.

Agreed. I felt buoyed by how he presented himself tonight.

It was a good call mate it prompted a pleasing to hear response from Tredders.
I didn't catch much of the response, I vaguely remember him saying its one of the things the board must consider.
It sounded like Tim didn't fully understand what I was saying, but got some clarification from WGT on the board having 2 elected members.

Was just happy I got to say my piece and threw in a "thanks boys" after they spoke but don't know if I was muted by then.

I really hope on Monday some Crows people get on the 4pm show with "we have a member elected board in 2028?".

I wasn't able to listen to the 5AA postgame, but a friend who gave me an in depth recap made it seem as though it's the first time the fans were unanimous in saying that Hinkley needed to go - and dare I say it's probably the first time all of Timmy, Warren and Tugwell had nothing to push back on.

Anyone who has a direct line to Warren knows exactly what he stands for, the expectations he has for our Club, and the standards he wants to drive across the footy department. It is a shame that he is somewhat gagged by the Board Charter, which explicitly states that "Protection of our ... coaches and players is a fundamental foundation of our behaviour and communication."

However, the Club's Board charter also says that "We exist to win AFL and SANFL premierships..." and that "Excellence threads our organisation." Not to mention "Our playing style will always be hard at the ball with a never say die attitude."

There is absolutely nothing from today's on-field performance that lives up to the ethos of this Board charter.

I have no doubt that Warren would label today's performance an insipid one. But for now, we just have to wait for this train to crash. Getting rid of a senior coach is never a smooth transition. The only time in the history of the modern game in which I can recall a smooth transition from one coach to the next is Roos to Goodwin, and that's because Paul Roos is one of the absolute gentlemen of Australian sport and has zero ego. Contrast that to our Small Man Syndrome Kenny, and it's obvious that even though he might privately talk about handing the reigns to the next coach like Roos, I have little doubt he will end up leaving like Mick Malthouse at Collingwood - just without a grand final appearance, of course.

Well that was my first time on 5aa and for the record I didn't get stuck into tredders.

I may have said this:

View attachment 2026948
Heard you and very well said, I'm not keen though on even an elected chairman electing the coach unless all he/she is doing is ratifying the decision, which may have been what you meant anyway. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't able to listen to the 5AA postgame, but a friend who gave me an in depth recap made it seem as though it's the first time the fans were unanimous in saying that Hinkley needed to go - and dare I say it's probably the first time all of Timmy, Warren and Tugwell had nothing to push back on.

Anyone who has a direct line to Warren knows exactly what he stands for, the expectations he has for our Club, and the standards he wants to drive across the footy department. It is a shame that he is somewhat gagged by the Board Charter, which explicitly states that "Protection of our ... coaches and players is a fundamental foundation of our behaviour and communication."

However, the Club's Board charter also says that "We exist to win AFL and SANFL premierships..." and that "Excellence threads our organisation." Not to mention "Our playing style will always be hard at the ball with a never say die attitude."

There is absolutely nothing from today's on-field performance that lives up to the ethos of this Board charter.

I have no doubt that Warren would label today's performance an insipid one. But for now, we just have to wait for this train to crash. Getting rid of a senior coach is never a smooth transition. The only time in the history of the modern game in which I can recall a smooth transition from one coach to the next is Roos to Goodwin, and that's because Paul Roos is one of the absolute gentlemen of Australian sport and has zero ego. Contrast that to our Small Man Syndrome Kenny, and it's obvious that even though he might privately talk about handing the reigns to the next coach like Roos, I have little doubt he will end up leaving like Mick Malthouse at Collingwood - just without a grand final appearance, of course.

I'm sure you know this, but ultimately we have to make the transition to being a completely professional football club. Hinkley is just a symptom of the unprofessionalism that has been allowed to fester in our club. He will be cleared up by a professional club. As will other aspects such as fitness and medical support.

I'm sure you know this, but ultimately we have to make the transition to being a completely professional football club. Hinkley is just a symptom of the unprofessionalism that has been allowed to fester in our club. He will be cleared up by a professional club. As will other aspects such as fitness and medical support.

I completely agree. For all that is said of Hinkley, Chris Davies is just as, if not an even bigger problem. The standards driven within the footy department right now are beyond terrible. There's zero accountability - everyone is just happy to be there.

At least we know that Warren isn't one to tolerate such BS.

Koch is on 5aa Monday mornings, how is it that no callers on their talk back station ever come on in that segment?? should bombard the lines this week and demand to be put through to him to answer the hard questions. But clearly won't happen as it is a sponsored segment blah blah blah, if listening online, turn off and change to another station, that will send a message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back